Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central
(02-05-2023, 12:24 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Take a pic and put it back on here after Perry beats Whitley 42-0 next season.

I got a picture. If Perry won 21-8 last season no way they win 42-0 this season.
(02-05-2023, 08:41 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 06:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 11:59 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 10:16 PM)We pjdoug Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 05:14 PM)barkgoesthecat Wrote: Didn't work in 2021 or 2022, third time must be the charm.

Look at the series record and see how many times it worked.
Whitleys terrible. I’m taking the commodores in this one.

Whitley actually played very good football for the first half of most games and kinda tired out in the 3rd quarter against some good football teams. I saw it with my own eyes. I liked the coach that resigned. He had Whitley playing good and going the right direction.
That’s kind of like saying I almost won the lottery isn’t it? Still a loser either way. Coach did a good job. Did you ever think though he may have resigned for a reason. Possibly the reason being Whitley wasn’t a good football team and he knew there was no future there?
No, the lottery isn’t football. In sports, you can tell if your team is improving and they were under Zeke. I watched Whitley lay the wood to a solid North Laurel team for a half at North. Then like most games, they faded in the 3rd and 4th. I thought the guy did a good job coaching considering his short stint. As far as him resigning because his team wasn’t going to be a good football team, then you might as well ask a whole lot of coaches to resign. I see a lot of bad records.
I'm sure they'll lose a few more across town before its said and done.
Bull Got Out, next seasons Perry’s team will be the best team they have ever had. Got the whole team back pretty much except for a linemen or two.
(02-06-2023, 02:05 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Bull Got Out, next seasons Perry’s team will be the best team they have ever had.  Got the whole team back pretty much except for a linemen or two.
I agree. Lots of returning production across the board.
(02-06-2023, 02:05 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Bull Got Out, next seasons Perry’s team will be the best team they have ever had.  Got the whole team back pretty much except for a linemen or two.

Awesome! I honestly like the direction Perry is heading and kinda expected it a little sooner. But nothing like it happening right now. I like our mountain teams and wish everyone the best of luck. You may be right, 9-1 might be achievable. Bringing the whole team back is huge!
Perry has a ceiling of 8-2, while the worst case scenario would be 4-6. I would put them somewhere in the ball park of 6-4. Perry seems to start out of the gate fast, but they seem to fade down the stretch. There are a lot of games that could go either way, but you have to give PCC's coaching staff some credit for beefing up the schedule. That will only make them better in the long run.
(02-05-2023, 08:41 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 06:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 11:59 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 10:16 PM)We pjdoug Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 05:14 PM)barkgoesthecat Wrote: Didn't work in 2021 or 2022, third time must be the charm.

Look at the series record and see how many times it worked.
Whitleys terrible. I’m taking the commodores in this one.

Whitley actually played very good football for the first half of most games and kinda tired out in the 3rd quarter against some good football teams. I saw it with my own eyes. I liked the coach that resigned. He had Whitley playing good and going the right direction.
That’s kind of like saying I almost won the lottery isn’t it? Still a loser either way. Coach did a good job. Did you ever think though he may have resigned for a reason. Possibly the reason being Whitley wasn’t a good football team and he knew there was no future there?

I don't guess it ever crossed your mind that perry central doesn't have a power house football team?
(02-05-2023, 03:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 12:24 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Take a pic and put it back on here after Perry beats Whitley 42-0 next season.

I got a picture. If Perry won 21-8 last season no way they win 42-0 this season.

I think Whitley's QB is back for another season. They should have some speed in the backfield.
(02-01-2023, 07:53 PM)MBull got out! Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 10:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Ok let’s do some Real Talk,
Corbin - Loss
Whitley - Win
Letcher - Win
Somerset - Win
Williamsburg- Win
Breathitt - Win
Shelby Valley -  Tuff Game but winnable
Martin County - Win
Lawrence - Tuff Game but winnable
Bell County - not sure it’s for sure a go.

So really, why not 9-1.  If their center hadn’t got hurt, they’d won another game or two this past season.  This could be a special season for Perry.  You know, Corbin lost a lot.  Anything is possible.  They get some North to South runners they could be really good.  Heard Smith kid was moving to the backfield.  He’s a big fast kid.

So I assume in your mindset that Letcher will be down from a heavy graduation. I’m hearing Bell County will be hard to handle and expecting to have a very deep playoff run as well as Corbin. Corbin should get a few transfers and even without any, should be very competitive. So I can see Perry winning possibly 5 games. Because the other 5 will be nice matchup’s and depending on the opponent, not a guaranteed victory but can win some of those games.
Letcher only had 6 seniors last year. They return 18 starters.
(04-15-2023, 10:48 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 07:53 PM)MBull got out! Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 10:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Ok let’s do some Real Talk,
Corbin - Loss
Whitley - Win
Letcher - Win
Somerset - Win
Williamsburg- Win
Breathitt - Win
Shelby Valley -  Tuff Game but winnable
Martin County - Win
Lawrence - Tuff Game but winnable
Bell County - not sure it’s for sure a go.

So really, why not 9-1.  If their center hadn’t got hurt, they’d won another game or two this past season.  This could be a special season for Perry.  You know, Corbin lost a lot.  Anything is possible.  They get some North to South runners they could be really good.  Heard Smith kid was moving to the backfield.  He’s a big fast kid.

So I assume in your mindset that Letcher will be down from a heavy graduation. I’m hearing Bell County will be hard to handle and expecting to have a very deep playoff run as well as Corbin. Corbin should get a few transfers and even without any, should be very competitive. So I can see Perry winning possibly 5 games. Because the other 5 will be nice matchup’s and depending on the opponent, not a guaranteed victory but can win some of those games.
Letcher only had 6 seniors last year. They return 18 starters.
If Breathitt finds a decent QB, I think they beat Perry
Heres how i feel , i can see perry going 8-2 if theres no injuries, i can also see them going as bad as 5-5 which has been a trend lately, they start hot and finish bad... They have the pieces returning to be second in the district, solid defense, especially the linebacker group, and some studs in the secondary, offensively is gonna weigh a lot on the QB, he has got to be more of a threat to run the football and throw it consistently, the recievers have to hang onto the ball, way too many dropped passes last year, and the running backs have to not only run well, but also be able protect in the pass games.. With all that being said, im gonna say 7-3 regular season and second in district, possibly win a first round game losses coming to corbin, bell, and shelby valley
I think Perry is definitely trending up under Dixon, but I don't get why anyone would just assume they would win 8 or 9 games. Have beaten Letcher 1 time in the last 10 years. Losses last year were close and I would be optimistic returning that many starters but win a couple of tough games first.
(04-17-2023, 10:14 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I think Perry is definitely trending up under Dixon, but I don't get why anyone would just assume they would win 8 or 9 games.  Have beaten Letcher 1 time in the last 10 years.  Losses last year were close and I would be optimistic returning that many starters but win a couple of tough games first.
i agree, they need to show it on the field, however i do think they will get letcher this season   perry offensive power will be too much for letcher, and without jonah, letcher will struggle to score the ball   just my opinion