Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 10 Belfry 3 (3A Semifinals)
(12-13-2020, 03:24 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Are you serious. Was you there. Did you watch the game. The drive right before the half they started the clock 7-8 secs before we snapped the ball. This was on dead balls one even after a time out. Not to mention how much they let run off before they stopped the clock. Only once did they put more time on the clock. It was pitiful and they definitely said it was a coach
Yep. Watched the whole game online.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
When is the last time Belfry hasn’t scored a TD in a game? Someone said JC held them scoreless for a half this season as did the Tomcats.
^^^^^^^Been awhile. Not sure really. I'm probably wrong.....but I would initially say 2013 Championship game against Wayne Co. Belfry won 3-0 in a wet, cold, nasty environment.

Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Ashland was great and well scouted and prepared. And by adjustments I mean in game adjustments. You can’t wait till everyone knows your passing to actually pass a little. They picked up a coach from Johnson Central this year and I’m sure that helped them prepare for us
I'm sure this helped.  I really thought Ashland took a page right out of Pikeville's game plan from the past two years.....minus the short passing game.   Schematically.....the running game looked very similar to what Pikeville and Johnson Central has done with the QB against us.   I have to agree with another poster.....IMO, Ashland's QB was the biggest issue of the night.  He consistently picked up valuable yardage in very opportune times for the Tomcats.
Let me guess you watched online, with the Ashland commentators.
(12-14-2020, 11:25 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Let me guess you watched online, with the Ashland commentators.
 Not sure if this response was meant for me or not?  If it was....   No I was there....in person....to watch the entire ugly nightmare.
This has to be a very gratifying win for Ashland after last year's loss to Belfry and hearing Belfry fans talk so much smack afterwards. I thought Belfry would have to beat themselves with turnovers, but I was wrong. Ashland was just better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • T-CATS
Tomcats held Belfry to 141 yards rushing on 41 carries. Ashland’s D is historic so far giving up just 45 points in 10 games.

(12-15-2020, 02:47 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 11:25 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Let me guess you watched online, with the Ashland commentators.
 Not sure if this response was meant for me or not?  If it was....   No I was there....in person....to watch the entire ugly nightmare.
Yeah I was there in person last year to watch that entire nightmare. Lol
No the comment was for Spud. Somehow he didn’t notice the clock running on Belfry. Lol
(12-14-2020, 04:37 PM)T-CATS Wrote: When is the last time Belfry hasn’t scored a TD in a game? Someone said JC held them scoreless for a half this season as did the Tomcats.
Last year.

They lost at Archbishop Alter, OH 14-0.

Prior to that:
35-0 loss to Johnson Central in 2014
3-0 win over Wayne County in 2013
19-0 loss to Russell in the 2006 Semi-Finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • T-CATS
(12-16-2020, 10:10 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 04:37 PM)T-CATS Wrote: When is the last time Belfry hasn’t scored a TD in a game? Someone said JC held them scoreless for a half this season as did the Tomcats.
Last year.

They lost at Archbishop Alter, OH 14-0.

Prior to that:
35-0 loss to Johnson Central in 2014
3-0 win over Wayne County in 2013
19-0 loss to Russell in the 2006 Semi-Finals.

And 28-0 loss to Ironton, and 18-0 to Boyd County both in ‘03. 

And then 21-0 to Haddix and company (Breathitt Co.) who were in route to the title in ‘02. (The Mud bowl at Vipperman)

When Belfry is having a bad game, It’s usually pretty bad. Nothing goes right.