Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 3A
Cat Daddy Wrote:Of course, Belfry has kids from West Virginia, but can you honestly blame them for wanting to play for a top notch program, who is coached by a Hall of Famer. Kids are going to gravitate to programs who compete for championships and give them added recognition, it's as simple as that. I'm not jumping on the Belfry bandwagon, but I'm growing tired of all of the jealousy directed towards the program. People in Eastern Kentucky need to be proud of what Belfry has accomplished, because if our economy doesn't get any better in the near future, a lot of local high schools may not have enough players or community support to field a team, due to the mass exodus of people leaving the area to find employment.

This post is spot on......
I have always had the upmost respect for Coach Haywood and his football program. I would recommend that everyone read his book " Faith, Family, Football." Outstanding coach, program and family man!!!!!
proud44pirate Wrote:Just wondering, if you could combine 2 teams in 3A that could come close to Belfry what two teams would you combine. And you can't use Belfrys 2nd string cause they would beat anyone in 3A also. Just curious.

A little over the top for my taste.
I know it's over the top. That was the point. Everyone has us winning it but on any given day a team can lay a goose egg. Trust me we laid 2 last year. Our first game versus Lawrance Co and the Cabell game. Yes Cabell was a better team but we stunk that night. I hope to stir up 3A teams with my post, the need bulletin board material. Teams get all pumped up ready to play and by the second quarter adrenaline runs out and they are finished. Watch "most" of the Belfry players, even the state championship game is just a game to them. You get to pumped up you lose concentration. So take my post and run with it. Combine any 3 teams your still beat.
I would go as far to say that our 9th grade team could beat half of the 3A. Honestly believe it. I know teams would be bigger than them but the line have been taught great technique and our backs are backs are pretty good too. Our defense would shut a lot of teams out. Don't get me wrong not saying we would kill teams but we would beat most.
Mine is one of those WV kids you are talking, has my $1,500 a year investment paid off. You could say that, how much you paying for your kids college????? Going to Belfry is an investment in your kids future, they learn from the best coaches, teachers and principals. Read coaches book and if you don't want your kid playing for him something is wrong with you. If we would've stayed in WV big fish small pond, when you cross that river you ain't a stud anymore, small fish big pond. A lot of kids probably don't like that, they like "it's all about me" you leave that behind at Belfry and learn its all about team. Nobody is given any special treatment and you earn your spot, mommy and daddy's money don't do you any good at Belfry. I pay tuition gladly so my son can play in front of college coaches every week. Did anyone ever ask me to bring him? No, just the friends I had highly recommended it. I checked on the school and the education is amazing. You couldn't beat our entire middle school coaching staff or our teachers at the school, our principal goes above and beyond for all the students not just the athletes. Gladly keep wearing my Red n White.
proud44pirate Wrote:. Watch "most" of the Belfry players, even the state championship game is just a game to them.

Maybe that's why you have been runner up so often.
Bigblue78 Wrote:Maybe that's why you have been runner up so often.
No second places the last three years and a defense that has not given up an offensive TD in 3 straight finals. I think we will take that and take our chances this year rather that worry about all the times we have finished second, which BTW isn't too shabby.
bucslover68 Wrote:No second places the last three years and a defense that has not given up an offensive TD in 3 straight finals. I think we will take that and take our chances this year rather that worry about all the times we have finished second, which BTW isn't too shabby.

I'll take 5-7 all time any day of the week. Many, many schools would be thrilled to just be 0-1 in championship games.
Bigblue78 Wrote:Maybe that's why you have been runner up so often.

5-6 isn't to bad what's your record in championship games where you go or went to school
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:5-6 isn't to bad what's your record in championship games where you go or went to school

No 5-6 is not bad at all. My school is abt .500 as well, but I am not on here acting like we walk on water like some of your fans are.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:5-6 isn't to bad what's your record in championship games where you go or went to school

Pretty sure Tilghman is the poster's team FWIW

You young ones are forgetting the '79 runner up team. That makes it 5-7. Haywood is 5-6.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:You young ones are forgetting the '79 runner up team. That makes it 5-7. Haywood is 5-6.

I'm not a young one I played on the 85 86 teams I miss counted but your right
If you don't like what we post don't read it I don't like everything I read on here but this is a public form and by the the last few years we have did everything but walk on water
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If you don't like what we post don't read it I don't like everything I read on here but this is a public form and by the the last few years we have did everything but walk on water

Yes this is a public forum meaning it is intended for people to discuss and at times to debate their points of view. Whenever the boasting and bragging reaches a certain pitch I feel the need to respond.
Anyone who makes the types of claims as I have seen in this thread has to know they will get some push back
Bigblue78 Wrote:Yes this is a public forum meaning it is intended for people to discuss and at times to debate their points of view. Whenever the boasting and bragging reaches a certain pitch I feel the need to respond.
Anyone who makes the types of claims as I have seen in this thread has to know they will get some push back

I can agree with that
Most of the people on here from Belfry are just good ol people that love Belfry Football and don't get on here to boast but there are always one or two but when someone has something negative to say I sometimes have to say something back
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'm not a young one I played on the 85 86 teams I miss counted but your right

Ha. the "99" threw me off course! :Thumbs:
Can anyone challenge Belfry for the 3a title ?
Iron Horse Wrote:Can anyone challenge Belfry for the 3a title ?

The answer to that is yes all it takes is one bad night but if we play to our capability we should be fine
Iron Horse Wrote:Can anyone challenge Belfry for the 3a title ?

Yes and no

If Belfry stays healthy and play to their best of their ability you are talking about probably one of the Top 5 teams in Kentucky next year regardless of class and I don't see a 3A team staying with 2 TD's

With that said, the one major drawback of Belfry's Offense is when it is clicking it is clicking and is almost impossible to stop, but when it is off or if Belfry gets behind, it really becomes difficult to get back on track and light up the scoreboard.

Last year alone look what happened against Lawrence County the first meeting and against Cabell Midland when Belfry was not holding on to the football. For as good as Belfry has been over the past three years, the PIkeville and Lawrence County (last year regular season) games can go to show you how quickly the tables can turn on belfry if the other team is well prepared and can keep the chains moving.

Corbin is the team that immediately stands out as having a shot. Belfry beat them pretty badly, but the game was seemingly tighter than the scoreboard would suggest. Corbin returns the farm and if they can continue to develop their passing game and improve defensively I think they at the very least close the gap some on Belfry.

I also look and see Louisville Central who Belfry should have beat by 3 TD's in the 2014 Final, but the Pirates simply could not put away. The way Scroggins coaches Defense and the way they can create sudden change points on Defense or Special Teams..means that they will always have a shot matching up with Belfry. Throw in Waggener who should have as many D-1 Stars on their roster as Belfry, and a Caldwell County team that should be very good and I think there are 4 or 5 teams that could cause some matchup issues and potentially give Belfry all they want on an off night.

But with that said, this is a Special Team and possibly the best team to ever come out of EKY...let alone Belfry. When their game face is on they are big, fast, deep, and talented.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:Ha. the "99" threw me off course! :Thumbs:

Lol 99 was the year my son was born that's why I used 99
1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. Boyle County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Central
6. Elizabethtown
7. Bell County
8. Caldwell County
9. Lawrence County
10. West Carter
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yes and no

If Belfry stays healthy and play to their best of their ability you are talking about probably one of the Top 5 teams in Kentucky next year regardless of class and I don't see a 3A team staying with 2 TD's

With that said, the one major drawback of Belfry's Offense is when it is clicking it is clicking and is almost impossible to stop, but when it is off or if Belfry gets behind, it really becomes difficult to get back on track and light up the scoreboard.

Last year alone look what happened against Lawrence County the first meeting and against Cabell Midland when Belfry was not holding on to the football. For as good as Belfry has been over the past three years, the PIkeville and Lawrence County (last year regular season) games can go to show you how quickly the tables can turn on belfry if the other team is well prepared and can keep the chains moving.

Corbin is the team that immediately stands out as having a shot. Belfry beat them pretty badly, but the game was seemingly tighter than the scoreboard would suggest. Corbin returns the farm and if they can continue to develop their passing game and improve defensively I think they at the very least close the gap some on Belfry.

I also look and see Louisville Central who Belfry should have beat by 3 TD's in the 2014 Final, but the Pirates simply could not put away. The way Scroggins coaches Defense and the way they can create sudden change points on Defense or Special Teams..means that they will always have a shot matching up with Belfry. Throw in Waggener who should have as many D-1 Stars on their roster as Belfry, and a Caldwell County team that should be very good and I think there are 4 or 5 teams that could cause some matchup issues and potentially give Belfry all they want on an off night.

But with that said, this is a Special Team and possibly the best team to ever come out of EKY...let alone Belfry. When their game face is on they are big, fast, deep, and talented.

Just from reading the posts on here, I would wager that a good private investigator with a high quality video camera would pose more problems for Belfry than most 3A football teams can muster this year.
Tica Wrote:Just from reading the posts on here, I would wager that a good private investigator with a high quality video camera would pose more problems for Belfry than most 3A football teams can muster this year.

If you actually knew Coach Haywood...and understood the type of program he runs....then....you would realize the nonsense of this statement.
Most have Boyle too high in my opinion. Lost EVERYTHING. Have some nice kids coming up in a year or two but very very young team with this schedule. This year is a "Teach them Chuck Smith Football and let the pain of losses motivate for the future" kind of year. Don't get me wrong they will not mail anything in and will fight hard......just too many spots to fill with really young kids.
Tica Wrote:Just from reading the posts on here, I would wager that a good private investigator with a high quality video camera would pose more problems for Belfry than most 3A football teams can muster this year.

You talk crap and you don't know anything about our program this is a class act program that's why we compete for championships
I think its a great thing for belfry to win championships it actually show what kind of talent can come out of eastern ky,but not just for them it shows what kind of players the schools in this county can produce,yeah id love to see my home school get back to winning 9 to 10 games a year, that makes our side of mountain happy with that.but maybe one day we can reach bowling green.
1.belfry
2.corbin
3.central
4.garrad county
5.caldwell county
6.lex catholic
7.boyle county.
8.bell county
9.waggner
10.elizabeth town

Go Hawks. Dont see belfry falling off for at least 3 years.