Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Top 10 3A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are your top 10 3A teams going into 2016?
1) Belfry
2) Corbin
3) Caldwell County
4) Boyle County
5) Central
6) Bell County
7) Etown
8) PT
9) Russell
10) Lexington Catholic

I would put Lex Cath higher if I knew that the turmoil could be handled by then.
Russell is nowhere top ten. And this is coming from a die hard Devil fan.
1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. Caldwell County
4. Boyle County
5. LexCath
6. Central
7. Waggener
8. Garrard County
9. Russell
10. Paducah Tilghman
Waggener is the sleeper team to watch this year.

After the Harper brothers came they were a Top 10 caliber team in 2015 and they return the farm. They have two major D-1 prospects on D1 in DT Tahj Rice and Jairus Brents. Both may be 4* prospects next year.

Adair County is an interesting team as well. They return everything from what was already one of the better teams to come through there in a while. They lost their HC though and last year they folded against competition.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Waggener is the sleeper team to watch this year.

After the Harper brothers came they were a Top 10 caliber team in 2015 and they return the farm. They have two major D-1 prospects on D1 in DT Tahj Rice and Jairus Brents. Both may be 4* prospects next year.

Adair County is an interesting team as well. They return everything from what was already one of the better teams to come through there in a while. They lost their HC though and last year they folded against competition.

They'll hold strong for sure. I think they will still fall in the 8-10 win range.

They return all of their skill kids, but they do lose 5-6 key cogs in their O/D fronts (I'm including LB's there) that were really the heart and soul of the team last year. They'll be highly missed.
Wow no Bell.....Confusednicker:
3A is going to be the end of me. Confusednicker:

1. Belfry ( :howdy::howdy: see y'all in week #14 in Corbin )
2. Corbin
3. Louisville Waggener ( that's right #3 )
4. Central
5. Caldwell County
6. E-Town
7. Lexington Catholic
8. Boyle County
9. Garrard County
10. Adair County

:notbad:
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Russell is nowhere top ten. And this is coming from a die hard Devil fan.

3-4 teams could win that district this season.
The following features quite a bit of guess work...

1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. LexCath
4. Caldwell Co.
5. Waggener (very high on their potential)
6. Boyle Co.
7. Central (feels strange ranking them this low, but they lost too much)
8. Garrard Co.
9. Russell
10. Paducah Tilghman
1) Belfry
2) Lex/Cath
3) Corbin
4) Caldwell Co
5) Boyle
6) Central
7) Garrard
8) Waggener
9) Paducah Tilghman
10) Russell

While I wish the Bobcats all the best, they are a mess right now. The Bears will be in the top 10 before Bell will be, this year.
1.Belfry
2.Cental
3.Corbin
4.Waggoner
5.Caldwell Co
6. Lex Cath
7. Boyle
8.Tilghman
9.Garrard Co
10.Bell Co
Belfry, Belfry, and more Belfry. The Red Army will roll until someone can stop it. I don't see that happening this year at least not until they reach Bowling Green. Pirates are the standard for sustained success in high school football, I just wish my Devils could get back to just belonging on the same field.
1. Belfry
2. Boyle County
3. Corbin
4. Caldwell County
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Louisville Central
7. Paducah Tilghman
8. Lawrence County
9. Louisville Waggener
10. Breathitt County
Didn't expect to see Caldwell County so high on everyones list.
1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3a. Boyle County
3b. Lexington Catholic
4. Central
5. Garrard County
As one mentioned on here " The turmoil " at Lex Cath... Do your homework Sir or actually ask someone like myself to give you the TRUTH about this turmoil you speak of.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Didn't expect to see Caldwell County so high on everyones list.

Caldwell returns a solid group including one of the better QB's in the State. Caldwell was a Top 5 team in 3A most of the season.

The bigger thing is that most of the schools in the West in 3A were hit VERY heavy by graduation. Etown, Boyle, Central, LexCath, Tilghman all have 5+ starters and most of their key offensive playmakers gone.

Of the top teams in the West last year Caldwell definitely returns the most experience and the most guys who put up big stats.

Waggener, Garrard, and Adair County probably are the most experienced teams returning, but neither of those teams were Title Threats in 2015.
Real Badman Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Boyle County
3. Corbin
4. Caldwell County
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Louisville Central
7. Paducah Tilghman
8. Lawrence County
9. Louisville Waggener
10. Breathitt County

I hope you are right about Breathitt County, but what is your reasoning for putting them in the top ten?
1. Belfry
2. Corbin
3. Boyle County
4. Louisville Central
5. Louisville Waggener
6. Lexington Catholic
7. Caldwell County
8. Paducah Tilghman
9. Elizabethtown
10. Lawrence County
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Caldwell returns a solid group including one of the better QB's in the State. Caldwell was a Top 5 team in 3A most of the season.

The bigger thing is that most of the schools in the West in 3A were hit VERY heavy by graduation. Etown, Boyle, Central, LexCath, Tilghman all have 5+ starters and most of their key offensive playmakers gone.

Of the top teams in the West last year Caldwell definitely returns the most experience and the most guys who put up big stats.

Waggener, Garrard, and Adair County probably are the most experienced teams returning, but neither of those teams were Title Threats in 2015.

I do expect Caldwell county to be pretty tough, and there qb is a good one, but with dee cain leaving figured they would drop alittle. Didnt realized everyone else dropped that much. I do think Caldwell will win the district. Dont see Tilghman as a very big threat this year. I think the region comes down to Caldwell, and Adair county. I think the indians will be a tough out this year.
Begins and ends with Belfry. This should be their best team ever.
Corbin will be very good but Belfry is a monster. Will this be the year PT awakens?
Cat Daddy Wrote:I hope you are right about Breathitt County, but what is your reasoning for putting them in the top ten?

I probably should have put E-Town in, but I like what I hear in Jackson. Right now I like them more than Russell or Bell. The world needs a competitive Breathitt County.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin will be very good but Belfry is a monster. Will this be the year PT awakens?

I don't think this will he the year tilghman awakens, but maybe in a couple of years.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I don't think this will he the year tilghman awakens, but maybe in a couple of years.

That Askew kid that will be a Sophomore has potential for a special career
I like seeing the hype on Corbin again. They play a pretty tough schedule and could take some bumps, but no doubt that they will be right there in the thick of things come November. Obviously, Belfry is the clear favorite as they should. If everything goes as planned, expect to see the true state championship game be played at Campbell Field in the semis. Belfry certain has the edge, but strange things happen and it's a ways away.

That being said, look for this year to be the year that Corbin puts the state on notice, because 2017 is looking to be the year Haddix and the Hounds should be primed to be the odds on favorite. Best of luck to all 3A teams. I can't wait til August.
I'm wondering how Wayne Mills will mesh into that coaching staff.
preseason top 10 3A
1. Belfry
2.Corbin
3.Boyle County
4.Louisville Central
5.Lexington Catholic
6.E-Town
7. Russell
8. Waggner
9. Breathitt County
10. Taylor County
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm wondering how Wayne Mills will mesh into that coaching staff.

Where is Mills at now
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Where is Mills at now

Corbin as an Assistant
Pages: 1 2 3