Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the leaders for Mr. Football 2013?
If you are talking about me 64, I have watched plenty. In the last 11 years I think I have missed 1 Mayfield game. I also catch PT, former Lone Oak and Caldwell co when they play in our off week or on Saturdays. I had a stretch between 1980-1994 where I didn't watch much but not before or since.
Drew Houliston From Highlands gets my vote:Thumbs:
Damien Harris should be talked about for this. I am not sure if a Junior has ever won this award before or not, but he is the best RB in the state for sure, and he represents himself with class. I am homer here I know, but he might be the best player in the state right now as a Junior.
mysonis55 Wrote:If you are talking about me 64, I have watched plenty. In the last 11 years I think I have missed 1 Mayfield game. I also catch PT, former Lone Oak and Caldwell co when they play in our off week or on Saturdays. I had a stretch between 1980-1994 where I didn't watch much but not before or since.

no not talking about you 55 not right now but soon Confusednicker:
When people get on here and talk about juniors that should win Mr. Football they lose all credibility to me.

If you don't know that the KY Mr. Football is only awarded to seniors then I can't help but think you don't know much about KY football from 1A-6A and from Paducah to Pikeville.

Damien Harris and Elijah Sindelar will be co-favorites next year, and although I'd say Harris is the prospect with the most upside if Sindelar signs with UK he'll win the award...in 2014.

2013 will be Barker or Elam IMO.
Well, I have lost all credibility once again. I'm getting tired of doing that. I believe I said I thought Sindelar would be next year and Hughes the year after. But thanks for stripping me of all credibility again. I will work harder to restore it.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I have lost all credibility once again. I'm getting tired of doing that. I believe I said I thought Sindelar would be next year and Hughes the year after. But thanks for stripping me of all credibility again. I will work harder to restore it.

Who said I was talking to you?

But since you brought it up I don't pay much, if any, attention to what you say.
Leonidas Wrote:When people get on here and talk about juniors that should win Mr. Football they lose all credibility to me.

If you don't know that the KY Mr. Football is only awarded to seniors then I can't help but think you don't know much about KY football from 1A-6A and from Paducah to Pikeville.

Damien Harris and Elijah Sindelar will be co-favorites next year, and although I'd say Harris is the prospect with the most upside if Sindelar signs with UK he'll win the award...in 2014.

2013 will be Barker or Elam IMO.

LOL Leonidas, I could care less who wins Mr. Football, my point was that the best player no matter what grade should be up for Mr. Football. I also DID NOT know that Juniors are not eligible for this award...I guess I am an awful human and should crawl in hole and never watch football again in my life. Thanks for blasting me. LOL :thanks:
Leonidas, you hurt my feelings. Now I'm gonna tell mommy. Seriously, coming from a man that apparently likes to watch muscled up men in very little clothing.
That was actually kinda funny.

You've earned 25% of my attention from this point forward.:biggrin:
Just messing with you. I really figured that this year would not be about the two mentioned though. i was just mentioning next year and year after.
No harm done man.

I really wasn't referring to you and in all honesty it never fails every year at least a hand full of people think their hometown hero deserves Mr. Football as a sophomore or junior.

Pet peeve of mine I guess.
Well, we have to face the two that I was referring to and it is scary. I think whoever makes this list needs to get out of the Louisville area more often. If the two I mentioned don't get in the top two for the next two years something is really wrong with the system. I have watched football a lot in Texas, Missouri and here. I have also periodically caught some in Il, Tn and Ind. These 2 qb's would make Allstate in any of those states.