Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are the leaders for Mr. Football 2013?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are the front runners through this point of the year?
:rockon:
Necarius Fant (Bowling Green), Drew Barker (conner), Tyler Guffey (wayne co), Matt Elam(John Hardin)
I believe Brenan Kuntz QB SK should easily be on this list.
Especially if he ends up breaking Tim Couches completion % record.
^Agreed, add Kuntz ( Simon Kenton ) and Houliston ( Highlands ). Their numbers are very impressive. They are the most valuable players for their teams and are two of the top QBs in Kentucky.

Completion %
TD to INT
Passing Yards/Total Yards

They are in a league of their own!
Tyler Guffey is a great Kid off the field and as competitive as they come on the field... since he has been at the helm Wayne County has went 9-3, 10-2, and currently are setting at 7-0 on the year The boy is a stud!
achaplin1228 Wrote:Tyler Guffey is a great Kid off the field and as competitive as they come on the field... since he has been at the helm Wayne County has went 9-3, 10-2, and currently are setting at 7-0 on the year The boy is a stud!

What are his numbers like. Those are impressive winning seasons no doubt
I haven't watched Drew Barker or Matt Elam play in person, but i have watched some highlights. But I get the feeling they are on everyone's list because they are big time recruits.
Tyler Guffey
92-152 1800 yds 16 td's 257 yds pg
62 rushes 374 yds 11 td's
Tyler Guffey has thrown for 1514 yds thru 6 games this season with 14 TD
2012 he threw for 1111 yds and 15 TDs and took central to the final 2 min in state playoffs
Tyler Guffey Would get my vote but if I had 2 vote.The other vote would go to Dalton Sizemore :Cheerlead
BBN30 Wrote:I haven't watched Drew Barker or Matt Elam play in person, but i have watched some highlights. But I get the feeling they are on everyone's list because they are big time recruits.

Agreed stats and team record should be the biggest factors IMO not the fact that he's going FBS.
Tyler Guffey is worthy of my vote
If you are going off stats and what the player means to the team then you have to take a look at Guffey. He sure looked good against Corbin that's the only game I've seen him play. He's the reason they are winning the kid was thowing quick and accurate. It's going to be tuff on him because of the teams he plays against and the publicity the other kids get playing the bigger teams.
I can tell you two that you guys better start watching for. Elijah Sindelar from Caldwell County and Hughes from McCracken County. Granted they don't have to get it this year but, Sindelar should next year and Hughes the year after. It should tell you something when D1 schools are already after Sindelar, after watching his soph season last year and Trinity tried to steal him away from Caldwell. Hughes is a freak of nature gentlemen. This kid runs right around a 4.4 40 and throws 60 plus yards on a dime. He can throw on the run and does not go down on one hit. He runs like a running back and throws like a d1 qb. If you think I am kidding watch the film on these two. I really think the best two qb's in the state for the next 2 yrs are right here in the west. I know you guys won't want to hear that, but take the time to check them out.
I would agree on Sindelar from Caldwell co next year for Mr.Football 2014 Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: I'm on board with Sindelar :Cheerlead
64, wait til you see the Hughes kid. Sindelar but faster and more elusive. FREAK does not do justice to what this kid is. It is like watching a pro ball player playing against middle school kids.
Damien Harris should be mentioned in the hunt too!! This guy is superman!!!! If they can get bye Pulaski this week they will be ready for a big playoff run and might surprise some people.
I will say this, I know we had a great one that got overlooked here in Mayfield (yes Jonathan Jackson), but these kids are in the right positions to earn a little more attention. They both have a lot of heart for the game. They both have really good speed for qb's. They both have strong, accurate arms and good mechanics. If they don't win it, they won't care because some really big school will sign the two in consecutive years and show all of Ky why they should have been noticed.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, wait til you see the Hughes kid. Sindelar but faster and more elusive. FREAK does not do justice to what this kid is. It is like watching a pro ball player playing against middle school kids.

You no it when you see it.someone told me once you will see a great football player every 50 yrs and I did with Tim couch.I made a bet with a friend in clay county,Tim couch first game that he would be the all time leading passer in Kentucky 50.00 dollars.then about 7 beers later 4 int by halftime i up the bet to a 100.00 that he would break the national record and 3 more int.in the second half.Yes you no it when you see it.:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Michael Nero of DuPont Manual should be atleast mentioned
Playing in 6 games he has
152att
1005 yards
9 td
Averaging 168 yards a game
6.6 yds a carry.

That's the top rusher in 6a
I was at the Bell vs Wayne game and Guffey is the real deal. If he lived closer to a major media outlet he would be getting all kids of press. He is one heck of a qb. My vote goes to him.
Guffey has 1800 yards thus far this season threw 7 games
Here are Guffey's stats currently...as posted above.

Tyler Guffey
92-152 1800 yds 16 td's 257 yds pg
62 rushes 374 yds 11 td's
Brenan Kuntz -SK- (7-0). QB

7 games
105 / 145 comp 72.4%
1539 yards 220 ypg
19 Tds. 1 int

94 rush 5.9 per
558 yds 6 Tds 80 ypg
Drew Barker -Conner- (4-2). QB

6 games
110 / 172 att 63.9% comp
1365 yards 15 Tds 4 int 228 ypg

100 rush. 5.11 per
511 yards 6 Tds 85 ypg

Drew Houliston Highlands (7-0). QB
7 games
119/167 att 71.2 % comp
2103 yards 28 Tds 1 int 300 ypg

Devin Hayes -Bowling Green- QB
6 games
90 / 128 att 70.3%
1533 yards 26 Tds 3 int 256 ypg

Nacarius Fant Bowling Green WR
6 Games
39 receptions
850 yards 14 Tds 142 ypg 22 ypr

Devin Taylor West Jessamine RB
7 games
184 rush 9.7 per
1789 yards 21 Tds 256 ypg
64SUR Wrote:You no it when you see it.someone told me once you will see a great football player every 50 yrs and I did with Tim couch.I made a bet with a friend in clay county,Tim couch first game that he would be the all time leading passer in Kentucky 50.00 dollars.then about 7 beers later 4 int by halftime i up the bet to a 100.00 that he would break the national record and 3 more int.in the second half.Yes you no it when you see it.:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

OK Mr. Football aside.....Where can I go watch hs football and in the first half drink seven beers Confusedhh:
I think it's between Barker and Fant. If Barker and Conner can make a deep run in the playoffs, it's his to lose. If not, Fant will win it.
adopted purple Wrote:I think it's between Barker and Fant. If Barker and Conner can make a deep run in the playoffs, it's his to lose. If not, Fant will win it.

Nah, I will go with Blue.
adopted purple Wrote:I think it's between Barker and Fant. If Barker and Conner can make a deep run in the playoffs, it's his to lose. If not, Fant will win it.

Fant is definetly impressive because he's been exceptional two years in a row.

Nacarius Fant Bowling Green 2012 stats
10 Games (reg season)
52 rec 18 ypr
933 yards 13 Tds 93 Ypg

Do you have his playoff and state stats becuase I'm sure people will want to see them
mysonis55 Wrote:64, wait til you see the Hughes kid. Sindelar but faster and more elusive. FREAK does not do justice to what this kid is. It is like watching a pro ball player playing against middle school kids.

Spirit100 Wrote:OK Mr. Football aside.....Where can I go watch hs football and in the first half drink seven beers Confusedhh:

You have not been to many football have you. Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2