Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 KY vs. TN Border Bowl Roster for Kentucky
how did the brewer kid john brewer from leslie co LB not make this team one of best i ever seen play the position come on man
No Southwestern players made the team??!! Am I missing something or did this really happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
good luck to matt robinson and the KY team!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:No Southwestern players made the team??!! Am I missing something or did this really happen?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think a Head coach has to nominate a player to be on the team. Maybe check with that office.
Hatz Wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think a Head coach has to nominate a player to be on the team. Maybe check with that office.

Also players do have to pay a fee to play and some select not to. If a player has already signed he may not play and alot of basketball players or ever wrestlers won't play.
Hatz Wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think a Head coach has to nominate a player to be on the team. Maybe check with that office.
You are correct. Only 2 players from each school can be nominated, and the HC must nominate. And it is now a state wide team, not just EKY, so there's a lot more to choose from.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:No Southwestern players made the team??!! Am I missing something or did this really happen?

No, Rob Lewis the OL/DL is on the team.
If its a fully state wide team now they are doing a terrible job selecting the team. I thought they were doing a bad job some years past and leaving out some eastern kentucky boys. Maybe thats why we have only beat Tennessee once so far.
I went down and watched them practice. They look pretty good with the Eastern Kentucky boys they have and a mix of others that are pretty good as well. There are several pretty big guys for the line and the backs look really good. I hope they can get the timing down a little better on handoffs and so forth. You have Roark from Middlesboro and the kid from Anderson County as QB's. The back from LCA and Davenport from Bell in the backfield. Big Mike Smith from Harlan County, Brandon Ball from North Laurel on the line amongst others. The defense has the Robinson kid from Perry Central at LB, Hayes from Garrard and a boy from Belfry as DB's. The Lewis kid from Southwestern and a kid from Pike Central and the big boy from Boyle, Thielman on the D line. Throw in a few from Holy Cross, some big ol' dudes from John Hardin and they didn't look to bad other than some timing problems. The coaches that are running things are keeping things moving and I knew of most of them, the head coach being Sam Harp of Danville. We'll see....who knows what Tennessee has, but, the group from Kentucky looked pretty good and there is a lot of respect amongst the kids for each other. I hope they get the W.
Sam Harp is coaching? I hope these guys play good or Sam will definitely let everyone know how terrible he thinks they are.
papagrit Wrote:I went down and watched them practice. They look pretty good with the Eastern Kentucky boys they have and a mix of others that are pretty good as well. There are several pretty big guys for the line and the backs look really good. I hope they can get the timing down a little better on handoffs and so forth. You have Roark from Middlesboro and the kid from Anderson County as QB's. The back from LCA and Davenport from Bell in the backfield. Big Mike Smith from Harlan County, Brandon Ball from North Laurel on the line amongst others. The defense has the Robinson kid from Perry Central at LB, Hayes from Garrard and a boy from Belfry as DB's. The Lewis kid from Southwestern and a kid from Pike Central and the big boy from Boyle, Thielman on the D line. Throw in a few from Holy Cross, some big ol' dudes from John Hardin and they didn't look to bad other than some timing problems. The coaches that are running things are keeping things moving and I knew of most of them, the head coach being Sam Harp of Danville. We'll see....who knows what Tennessee has, but, the group from Kentucky looked pretty good and there is a lot of respect amongst the kids for each other. I hope they get the W.

That "BOY" from Belfry is JOSH DIXON. He was #10 throughout the season and I'm SURE many who played against him, will remember him!
fieldofdreams Wrote:That "BOY" from Belfry is JOSH DIXON. He was #10 throughout the season and I'm SURE many who played against him, will remember him!

Didn't mean to offend if I did. I just didn't know the names of all of the kids and yes....they are all "boys" to me...even if they are bigger than I. He is a good ball player...I watched him practice today and his play caught my eye...that is why I mentioned him.
You have to be real careful on here. People wear there feelings on their keyboards. Confusednicker:
fieldofdreams Wrote:That "BOY" from Belfry is JOSH DIXON. He was #10 throughout the season and I'm SURE many who played against him, will remember him!
You have to remember that many people who watch these practices are older than those who are on the field, and they have no roster to work from until game day. Don't get too offended.

Now, how did Maynard and Burgy-Vanhoose of Pikeville look? I can't be there tomorrow, but will be watching them on TV. Go KENTUCKY!
Iam4thecats Wrote:If its a fully state wide team now they are doing a terrible job selecting the team. I thought they were doing a bad job some years past and leaving out some eastern kentucky boys. Maybe thats why we have only beat Tennessee once so far.
Again, they select from those nominated. If the coach doesn't nominate, or the kids elect not to play/be nominated, they go with what they have.
And don't forget, there is a fee to play.:Thumbs:
Since some have asked me, I wanted to post on the public board that Codi Diamond will not get to play today. He has been nursing a hamstring that he pulled last Wednesday while training. He tried to go but each time he pushed it, especially in the live drills during practice, it tightened up. After consulting with the trainers there we made the tough decision to not go today due to risk of making it worse.

I'd like to thank the organizers of this event. The practices have provided solid instruction without beating up the players. The atmosphere has been positive and structured without all the screaming and cursing that some coaches seem to rely on as the only tool in their bag. The banquet was perfect - especially the guest speaker. Scott Galyon (former UT and NFL linebacker and current FCA leader) gave a tremendously encouraging speech that he ended by urging players and coaches to always have 3 Bones:

1. Funny Bone - laugh with never at the people in your life and have a sense of humor
2. Wish Bone - have big goals. People don't fail for aiming too high and missing. They fail for aiming too low and hitting.
3. Back Bone - Most important. Persevere when adversity shows up. Doing right is not always easy but it is always right. Lead people to good things not bad situations.

He ended with a great verse of scripture "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11
Wish i could have made it to this game i would like to wish all the kids good luck
today and good luck to Josh Dixon from Belfry.