Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 KY vs. TN Border Bowl Roster for Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to Facebook, this is the roster. The game is January 7th in Williamsburg. I've noticed a few FILTHY ANIMALS on this list. Congrats boys!:rockon:

PLAYER HIGH SCHOOL
Chris Fitzpatrick Anderson County High School
Avery Ford Scott County High School
Calab Pope Nicholas County High School
Josh Dixon Belfry High School
Daryl McCane Montgomery County High School
Jeremy Clark Madisonville High School
Brandon Ford Shelby County High School
Matthew Sims Mercer County High School
Tyrone Pearson Seneca High School
Seth Hunt East Jessimine High School
Troy Slaughter Somerset High School
Codi Diamond Knox Central High School
Pat Graffery Central Hardin High School
Keith Thielemann Boyle County High School
TD Jemison Tates Creek High School
Coty Croley Williamsburg High School
Seth McCoy Whitley County High School
Alex Lange Somerset High School
Brady Foley Corbin High School
Chad Hall Lexington Christian Academy
Mikel Reynolds Boone County High School
Matt Robinson Perry Central High School
Seth Peay Allen County High School
Michael Brooks Collins High School
Everett Talbert Bryan Station High School
Brandon Ball North Laurel High School
Caleb Carter Bell County High School
Josh McCoy Franklin County High School
Michael Smith Harlan County High School
Ben Lake Rockcastle County High School
Brady Jorstad FT Campbell High School
Brett Eychmann Beechwood High School
Alexander Reed Garner Prestonsburg High School
Seth Carmichael Anderson County High School
Chase Roark Middlesboro High School
Corey Davenport Bell County High School
Will Collins Breathitt County High School
Adam Kozerski Holy Cross High School
BJ Combs Hazard High School
Markell Hayes Gararrd County High School
Jacob Mulderink Conner High School
Eric Walker Covington Holy Cross High School
Tryston Ford Danville High School
Isaiah Burrus Mercer County High School
Avery Pitt Henderson County High School
Kurt Welhelmus Lexington Catholic High School
Jaysuma Webb Bryan Station High School
Logan Prewitt Bullitt East High School
Congrats to all!
so the game plan is to knock the f*** out of them, i like it!

congrats to all
A lot of good football players on that team. Beat Tennessee!
Congrats to all especially Garner from P'burg. Good luck boys. Go kick some orange ass!!!
Papagrit, I am sure you are a proud man today.
Those are some big beefy mountain boys on that O-Line. Can't wait!
What are the requirments for this game I thought it was for mostly EKY kids and I see kids from Lexington, Louisville, Anderson Co. on the roster.
r u serious once again no kids from south laurel what is the deal with that should have been three from last year and at least two from this year?
oops meant no kids from south
Pigskinman53 Wrote:What are the requirments for this game I thought it was for mostly EKY kids and I see kids from Lexington, Louisville, Anderson Co. on the roster.
Basically, I-75 is the dividing line. East of I-75 versus Tennessee. The NAtional Guard Border Bowl is filled with good talent every year, I've been fortunate enough to go a couple of times, always see some good players who get perhaps overlooked some, and it is a good chance for them to impress some colleges and maybe pull in late scholarship offers. Players must be nominated by their coaches to be considered for the team, so I am disappointed to not see a couple of Pike County players I feel like should be on there.
Here is the explanation from the front page of their website:

The Border Bowl is a non-profit organization established to promote high school football in Kentucky and Tennessee. The objective is to provide an All-Star Game featuring the top players in Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Tennessee. High schools eligible to nominate players for this game are geographically located along the I-75 corridor from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Covington, Kentucky and east. This game allows players to have the opportunity to play, practice, and battle it out for the rights to the border. It also allows high school seniors an opportunity to gain additional exposure and, perhaps, earn a scholarship for college. Each player must be nominated by his coach. All player profiles are reviewed by a panel of coaches from their home state to field the best possible team.
There a lot of players from schools west of 75. It almost looks like all of Kentucky verses East Tennessee.
That still doesn't explain players from Madisonville, Bullitt East, and Central Hardin. Is Tennessee fudging on thier roster as well?
papagrit Wrote:According to Facebook, this is the roster. The game is January 7th in Williamsburg. I've noticed a few FILTHY ANIMALS on this list. Congrats boys!:rockon:

PLAYER HIGH SCHOOL
Chris Fitzpatrick Anderson County High School Avery Ford Scott County High School
Calab Pope Nicholas County High School
Josh Dixon Belfry High School
Daryl McCane Montgomery County High School
Jeremy Clark Madisonville High School Brandon Ford Shelby County High School
Matthew Sims Mercer County High School
Tyrone Pearson Seneca High School
Seth Hunt East Jessimine High School
Troy Slaughter Somerset High School
Codi Diamond Knox Central High School
Pat Graffery Central Hardin High School
Keith Thielemann Boyle County High School
TD Jemison Tates Creek High School
Coty Croley Williamsburg High School
Seth McCoy Whitley County High School
Alex Lange Somerset High School
Brady Foley Corbin High School
Chad Hall Lexington Christian Academy
Mikel Reynolds Boone County High School
Matt Robinson Perry Central High School
Seth Peay Allen County High SchoolMichael Brooks Collins High School
Everett Talbert Bryan Station High School
Brandon Ball North Laurel High School
Caleb Carter Bell County High School
Josh McCoy Franklin County High SchoolMichael Smith Harlan County High School
Ben Lake Rockcastle County High School
Brady Jorstad FT Campbell High School Brett Eychmann Beechwood High School
Alexander Reed Garner Prestonsburg High School
Seth Carmichael Anderson County High School Chase Roark Middlesboro High School
Corey Davenport Bell County High School
Will Collins Breathitt County High School
Adam Kozerski Holy Cross High School
BJ Combs Hazard High School
Markell Hayes Gararrd County High SchoolJacob Mulderink Conner High School
Eric Walker Covington Holy Cross High School
Tryston Ford Danville High School
Isaiah Burrus Mercer County High School
Avery Pitt Henderson County High School
Kurt Welhelmus Lexington Catholic High School
Jaysuma Webb Bryan Station High School
Logan Prewitt Bullitt East High School

All of these players are west of 75...I might have missed a few.
Brother Xavier Wrote:All of these players are west of 75...I might have missed a few.
The wording of the requirement looks a little ambiguous to me. If you notice, it says "along the corridors of I-75 from Chatanooga to Covington and east". While I have no clue why the kid from Central Hardin is on the roster (maybe because he is a UK commit?) or the kid from Seneca, I think they are basically saying "if it is close to 75, we'll let 'em play". I'm attaching a thumbnail of the state and 75's route through it, if BGR will let me. I've been having problems with it. It will show, I think, that most of these are close enough to 75 to be within reason. Definitely, the kids you highlighted from Boyle, Scott, Mercer, Anderson, and Garrard Counties are close enough to consider, IMO.
PHSForever Wrote:The wording of the requirement looks a little ambiguous to me. If you notice, it says "along the corridors of I-75 from Chatanooga to Covington and east". While I have no clue why the kid from Central Hardin is on the roster (maybe because he is a UK commit?) or the kid from Seneca, I think they are basically saying "if it is close to 75, we'll let 'em play". I'm attaching a thumbnail of the state and 75's route through it, if BGR will let me. I've been having problems with it. It will show, I think, that most of these are close enough to 75 to be within reason. Definitely, the kids you highlighted from Boyle, Scott, Mercer, Anderson, and Garrard Counties are close enough to consider, IMO.

I'm really glad to see the Hayes kid get a chance to play. He will be tough on the orange. Heckuva player and from what I've seen of him...seems down to earth. I like him on defense at saftey or corner. He's tough!
This game is getting closer and closer to the Kentucky vs. Tennessee All-Star game they used to play in commonwealth and neyland
toussaints Wrote:This game is getting closer and closer to the Kentucky vs. Tennessee All-Star game they used to play in commonwealth and neyland
I just learned that they removed the "along I-75" requirement prior to last year and just haven't updated that on their site. TN had a couple from Nashville last year, which of course, is WELL west of 75 also.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Those are some big beefy mountain boys on that O-Line. Can't wait!

Yes they are...and the D line isn't too small either. I'm guessing that the Diamond kid will be playing D line and he is about 275 or 280 and 6'4" or larger. It will be nice to see "Big" Mike from Harlan County play in person in a game...he made pretty quick buddies with a couple of those other Filthy Animals at lineman camp the last few years including Brandon Ball and Ben Lake. He's a nice kid with a heck of a motor! It will also be great having the Robinson boy from Perry Central on our side as well. Excellent linebacker! I'm ready to get back into watching some more football.TongueirateSho
Getting to see Trey Slaughter (not Troy as it says on the roster) and Alex Lange, both from Somerset, play with this talented bunch is going to be a treat. The Tennessee bunch better be loaded cause this group most definitely is!
Congrats to all the players and especially Alex Garner and Josh Dixon and the rest of the mountain boys!
Randy Maynard was also added to this list if he's not already on there.
good luck to both teams and coaches
Add Rob Lewis from Southwestern to the roster
Spud6 Wrote:Randy Maynard was also added to this list if he's not already on there.
Was just going to post! Congrats Randall!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Was just going to post! Congrats Randall!

Sorry buddy lol

The kid is very well deserving!!
Can't wait to see this game. Awesome way for all these guys to go out on a win! But win or lose it is a great way to finish HS football career.
Somewhat biased but I definately think Logan Johnson from Letcher Central is WELL DESERVING to be on the list. Congrats to the players chosen and best of luck!
This whole thing was thought of by a few guys from Wburg.
One being fromer Whitley County coach Mike Campbell.
I will say this they do a TREMENDOUS job putting thi thing on every year.
When this thing wa thought up, it was all about getting the kid in EKY a chance to show off there talents to couts who would have never seen them before the game.
I personally know for a fact that they have actually offered kids playing in this game a scholarship on the spot after the game, and there are a lot of cout that how up to this game.
Most of them are NAIA, such as Union, Cumberland, Gtown, Campbellville, ETC. But i was told as them game is starting to become more known to colleges there have even been some D2 schools showing up.
I even heard 1 Divsion 1 scout was at the game last year. IDK what happened or where he was from, but i can guarantee he was there.

Whoever said I-75 i the dividing line is correct. They only pick kids from I-75, which includes all LEX schools and all the ones who are right on the border, so if you mix that all up, youve got kids from teh Fayette County schools a well as schools from northern KY like Highlands.

But with that said, that also the rule for Tenn. They also have to stay east of the line. But dont forget that also means they get kids from Knoxville and Chattanooga.

This is a great chance for kids to get exposure and it could very well mean as much as 20-30 scholarships for these guys who other wise would have been paying for college.

Good luck to all those who made it and congrats!
Pages: 1 2 3