Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern
easyM Wrote:That would be a big hire for Mad South. I hope it's not true though. We need him here......

I am hearing that there's a lot of interest from the M.S. camp in the services of Coach Hoskins.
Trenches07 Wrote:I am hearing that there's a lot of interest from the M.S. camp in the services of Coach Hoskins.

I don't blame 'em. He's a solid coach.
Just being selfish and hoping he turns down Mad South. If he doesn't I wish 'em all the best of luck....
The administration at Bell, IMO, takes Hoskins for granted. He should be the next coach at Bell. I posted this on another thread , it would be a terrible loss for the Bobcats. If M.S. can get him it would be the catch of the year!!! It would take a lot.
papagrit Wrote:WOW!!....tell us how you REALLY feel about MS. Remember...there are kids that go to this school who come on here. Kids like you may have. Any program can be turned around with the right coach. If they are trying to make the program more attractive by throwing some money into it, then, in MHO that is one step in the right direction. More parental support....not parental demands....is another step in the right direction. What they need is more participation and the right coach with a drive toward changing the attitude on the field.
If you ever tire of the Rock - you are sure welcome down here in Panther land. We need more class acts in Knox with your perspective. Could not agree more with this post. Bring a great leader to that program, give him the support he needs with assistants, a superb stength and conditioning program, and a community that loves Friday nights and you will have success (even if not on the scoreboard).
Football1 Wrote:If you ever tire of the Rock - you are sure welcome down here in Panther land. We need more class acts in Knox with your perspective. Could not agree more with this post. Bring a great leader to that program, give him the support he needs with assistants, a superb stength and conditioning program, and a community that loves Friday nights and you will have success (even if not on the scoreboard).

Thanks dude....I'm staying with Rock for at least three more years...lol. Your Mills is a good example of this. Hope all works out for you guys, I was there rooting for you all at the Rowan game in Morehead.
Coach Hoskins leaving Bell would be TURRIBLE for the Bell program!!!!! If someone can get him away from Bell they will be very lucky and thankful for doing it.
Jnoble Wrote:well who ever inherits the job has a talent in waiting in incoming freshman DT/OG Kris Noble. He just came over from Jackson Co. where he dominated the middle school level the last three years. One of the top five d-lineman in the state this past year and is a load to handle one on one at 5'11" 295lbs and growing
ok i have been lifting with him during our little workouts until we get a coach and i know he had knee surgery but even his upper body is weak and hes definately not 5'11. cause im only 5'10 and im taller then him. he dosent look very muscular at all either. so im just gonna have to wait and see if all of this is true when we suit up.
If you see a tall ugly guy over there today looking at the facilities and want to build a football program, you better keep him there.:rockon:
Football45 Wrote:ok i have been lifting with him during our little workouts until we get a coach and i know he had knee surgery but even his upper body is weak and hes definately not 5'11. cause im only 5'10 and im taller then him. he dosent look very muscular at all either. so im just gonna have to wait and see if all of this is true when we suit up.

You do not talk about people on here! I know you are frustrated because you don't know who the coach is, but you do not talk about a teammate. He is not saying the stuff it someone that is proud of him. Give your support. I told you everything will be fine once the new coach gets here. You better not be doing this in class.
Xerxes Wrote:If you see a tall ugly guy over there today looking at the facilities and want to build a football program, you better keep him there.:rockon:

I agree with this... Fred Hoskins would be a great hire for Madison Southern...

I just can't believe the Bell administration would allow him to get away... He's been a big part of Bell's success for many years...
kyfootball fan Wrote:You do not talk about people on here! I know you are frustrated because you don't know who the coach is, but you do not talk about a teammate. He is not saying the stuff it someone that is proud of him. Give your support. I told you everything will be fine once the new coach gets here. You better not be doing this in class.
Great job coach! Support your teammates!!
The New kid at Foley from Jackson County is a great kid.
AnswertheBell Wrote:The administration at Bell, IMO, takes Hoskins for granted. He should be the next coach at Bell. I posted this on another thread , it would be a terrible loss for the Bobcats. If M.S. can get him it would be the catch of the year!!! It would take a lot.

Hoskins needs his chance as a head coach. Don't think Bell Co will hire an assistant. Too much ego there for that. He would be a great fit at Madison Southern.
did they ever find a coach?
Bell would be crazy to let Hoskins go. Been an assistant for years, knows his stuff, let him go and he'll never be back at Bell. Best of luck for whatever he does decide to do.
Is Hoskins any relation to former Berea Supt. Ralph Hoskins?
Bluebird Wrote:Is Hoskins any relation to former Berea Supt. Ralph Hoskins?

NO, I can assure you of that!!!
Have it from a good source. Their are 2 coaches left in the mix and they should know something tomorrow as to whom it is. Announcement will be within the week.
Ttt