Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me about this job? The Good The Bad do they have any tradition? How are the athletes? What about the adminstration?
I heard it was offered to someone already...don't know who, but they are just waiting on teacher availability. I don't know how true it is...just what I heard.
well who ever inherits the job has a talent in waiting in incoming freshman DT/OG Kris Noble. He just came over from Jackson Co. where he dominated the middle school level the last three years. One of the top five d-lineman in the state this past year and is a load to handle one on one at 5'11" 295lbs and growing
Jnoble Wrote:well who ever inherits the job has a talent in waiting in incoming freshman DT/OG Kris Noble. He just came over from Jackson Co. where he dominated the middle school level the last three years. One of the top five d-lineman in the state this past year and is a load to handle one on one at 5'11" 295lbs and growing

How could he be one of the top 5 if he is not in HS? Sorry but I can't see a Middle Schooler being in the top 5. Madison Sou. is typical doormat so I hope the move is due to family and not for football.
Was refering to top 5 in middle school. The move was for football, family, and the non-sense that went on last year. One thing I said at the end of the season was I wanted to know by December IF Jackson Co. was going to have a JV team. I do feel that is one thing that is holding the program back. My sons mom lives in the Southern district so that is why he went there and I do believe that they had a good year in JV this past season. Im looking for my son to develop and by Jackson Co not having an established JV program would hinder that development. Size wise he is ready for Varsity at 5'11" 295lbs BUT he is only going to be a freshman next year. Dont get me wrong Im not knocking the coach at Jackson Co. I like his approach to the game and he does know his X's and O's. But like Ive said im looking for my son to develop and playing JV at least one year will help with that development
Madison Sou. is not the place to take your kid if you think he is a big-time football player. I can't see them having much of a JV team considering they only dressed less than 20 players on Varsity?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Madison Sou. is not the place to take your kid if you think he is a big-time football player. I can't see them having much of a JV team considering they only dressed less than 20 players on Varsity?

Bobcat-dad sounds to me like theres not much substance to this story. Wink
Good comparsion: Chri McGeorge

Jnoble, by taking or having your son play in a district other than the one he played in the last couple years isnt much of a way in supporting numbers to have a JV team for him to get that experience he needs. Just a thought:dontthink
Wow moving to the powerhouse of Madison Southern. Sounds like a good move to me.:eyeroll:
You moved him simply b/c there is no JV team? Sorry but thats stupid, story doesnt make sense to me but ok.

You moved him to Southern...? Smart move.. :dontthink

BTW you think getting his tail kicked by likes of MC, SW, PC, & LC JV teams are going to make him better. :yawn:

BTW- Ive seen ur son play, he is a decent middle school player-simply b/c of his size. However the HS level isnt middle school. Esp in that district MS is going to be in. (of course all IMO). However Ive heard several echo that.
Seems he made a well-thought out decision. NOT. Good thing is you still have a few months to make a good decision, or at least better than Madison Sou.
Ok guys first off his mom LIVES in the Southern district. I want to ask you this... Whats so different of him going to Southern than the player that left Bell and came to Jackson Co? Yeah I know he never played a game here @ Jackson Co and did go back to bell BUT what is the difference? Ill answer it for ya... There is no difference or in other words who cares. To the one who said they seen my son play... Well just to let you know, he was playing on a knee that had three screws put in it just a couple of months before the season started and was ONLY playing at about 70%. Funny thing is that no matter where I would of sent him to, which by the way Corbin was a very strong option, you all would still be complaining and it that complaining nonsense as to one of the reasons he is no longer at Jackson Co. Jackson Co is no powerhouse either guys so why question the move!!
Jnoble Wrote:Ok guys first off his mom LIVES in the Southern district. I want to ask you this... Whats so different of him going to Southern than the player that left Bell and came to Jackson Co? Yeah I know he never played a game here @ Jackson Co and did go back to bell BUT what is the difference? Ill answer it for ya... There is no difference or in other words who cares. To the one who said they seen my son play... Well just to let you know, he was playing on a knee that had three screws put in it just a couple of months before the season started and was ONLY playing at about 70%. Funny thing is that no matter where I would of sent him to, which by the way Corbin was a very strong option, you all would still be complaining and it that complaining nonsense as to one of the reasons he is no longer at Jackson Co. Jackson Co is no powerhouse either guys so why question the move!!

Reality is........jnoble.........who cares? You just be there for him and the new coach at Southern. When they get one that is. This thread is about who M.S. hires as there next head coach.
So far MS has had top 3 choices turn it down. Not sure what the next move will be.
It could be a good job for a younger coach. Cant go anywhere but up!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:So far MS has had top 3 choices turn it down. Not sure what the next move will be.

Just a rumor, but I heard Coach Bowlin from East Jessamine was offered the job.
Jnoble Wrote:Was refering to top 5 in middle school. The move was for football, family, and the non-sense that went on last year. One thing I said at the end of the season was I wanted to know by December IF Jackson Co. was going to have a JV team. I do feel that is one thing that is holding the program back. My sons mom lives in the Southern district so that is why he went there and I do believe that they had a good year in JV this past season. Im looking for my son to develop and by Jackson Co not having an established JV program would hinder that development. Size wise he is ready for Varsity at 5'11" 295lbs BUT he is only going to be a freshman next year. Dont get me wrong Im not knocking the coach at Jackson Co. I like his approach to the game and he does know his X's and O's. But like Ive said im looking for my son to develop and playing JV at least one year will help with that development

If your son is that good why worry about JV, you are moving him away from his teammates to a team that is not at all good. Show him you know he will be on varsity next season.
joejoe Wrote:Just a rumor, but I heard Coach Bowlin from East Jessamine was offered the job.

Not true it is just a rumor.

joejoe Wrote:If your son is that good why worry about JV, you are moving him away from his teammates to a team that is not at all good. Show him you know he will be on varsity next season.

I agree, not sure what signal that sends up. If he is atleast decent he will start right away at MS and most likely not play JV due to how bad they are. Don't think it was well thought out???
since the top three turned them down will they look at assistant coaches or out of state for the next coach
I heard they contacted Nathan Mcpeek of Fairview
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Not true it is just a rumor.

I agree, not sure what signal that sends up. If he is atleast decent he will start right away at MS and most likely not play JV due to how bad they are. Don't think it was well thought out???
Well it was well thought out and JC is not to do anything next year either. It is my decision and my decision is that he plays JV for at least a year. If they lose every game I dont care. To me is not all about winning it about development and improvement. Here is a good example on that... Most in JC thinks the coach is no good cause he hasnt won in the 2yrs he has been there an the reason they think that is cause they dont know the ins and outs on football. What Ive seen in the 2yrs he has been there is improvement. This past years team looked sharper and executed much better than the previous years team
Spoke with someone about the situation and it's going to be really hard to get a good coach if you do not allow them to bring some help with them. The key to building a solid program is bringing in guys who have worked together and already know the expectations. Going to be really hard for madison southen to get a good one if they don't allow them to bring help with them.
A little bird says Mike Bolin from East Jessamine is looking at real estate in Madison County with a realtor and has visited the MSHS facilities with an older gentleman (his dad??). Sounds about right. I believe he grew up around there and went to Eastern. Makes sense. I believe East Jessamine will graduate a bunch of seniors and had a pretty good season. Sounds like a good time to split.
I think MSHS will allow whoever they hire to hire their own staff. They appear to have plenty of money to spend and surely know they need to turn things around.
Would imagine some middle school coach will step into this crap job, with high hopes. lol. Just need to end this program.. not install a turf field and pay 15000 to a head coach.. Honestly Madison Southern has always been bottom feeders in about every sport. :igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
Mountain Coach Wrote:Would imagine some middle school coach will step into this crap job, with high hopes. lol. Just need to end this program.. not install a turf field and pay 15000 to a head coach.. Honestly Madison Southern has always been bottom feeders in about every sport. :igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:

WOW!!....tell us how you REALLY feel about MS. Remember...there are kids that go to this school who come on here. Kids like you may have. Any program can be turned around with the right coach. If they are trying to make the program more attractive by throwing some money into it, then, in MHO that is one step in the right direction. More parental support....not parental demands....is another step in the right direction. What they need is more participation and the right coach with a drive toward changing the attitude on the field.
The new district alignment will help MS. I don't think their situation is hopeless but they need to get to work right away.
I think if a guy gets in there, rolls his sleeves up and sticks around, he can turn the tide. Seems like there is talent in the county...just gotta go get it!
William Muney Wrote:The new district alignment will help MS. I don't think their situation is hopeless but they need to get to work right away.

I completely agree! And the thing about this district this next year is the fact that it is pretty wide open. Southwestern in my opinion will be the team to beat with the return of several very good players including the big lineman and the Fowler boy at DE. But, Pulaski will have lost Abner and Eastham and some big linemen, North will be decent and I don't know anything about South except the year they had this year. I think Southern could possible do something as early as this next year with the right coach and more kids coming out...particularly linemen. The don't have enough lead in the ol' pencil, so to speak, on the front line....of course...Rockcastle could use some lead on the line too. I went to a JV/Frosh basketball game tonight and the Southern JV basketball team starters probably averaged 190/200lbs. which I'm certain was heavier than the front line for Southern this last year.
papagrit Wrote:I completely agree! And the thing about this district this next year is the fact that it is pretty wide open. Southwestern in my opinion will be the team to beat with the return of several very good players including the big lineman and the Fowler boy at DE. But, Pulaski will have lost Abner and Eastham and some big linemen, North will be decent and I don't know anything about South except the year they had this year. I think Southern could possible do something as early as this next year with the right coach and more kids coming out...particularly linemen. The don't have enough lead in the ol' pencil, so to speak, on the front line....of course...Rockcastle could use some lead on the line too. I went to a JV/Frosh basketball game tonight and the Southern JV basketball team starters probably averaged 190/200lbs. which I'm certain was heavier than the front line for Southern this last year.

Fowler graduates. Rob Lewis is back. He is a good DLineman.
Some of the Bell Co. tradition may be coming to SOUTHERN next year to lead the ship into smooth waters! If this happens M.S. will have a man that knows a tremendous amount about the game and is a WELL respected coach. Looks like they may be actually trying to hire someone that could do this grand task!.................Coach HOSKINS would be a great hire!
Trenches07 Wrote:Some of the Bell Co. tradition may be coming to SOUTHERN next year to lead the ship into smooth waters! If this happens M.S. will have a man that knows a tremendous amount about the game and is a WELL respected coach. Looks like they may be actually trying to hire someone that could do this grand task!.................Coach HOSKINS would be a great hire!

That would be a big hire for Mad South. I hope it's not true though. We need him here......
Pages: 1 2