Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-season 15th Region Volleyball rankings
Belfry needs a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote=phs1986]You and I both know this will never happen.... IMHO, they are just dragging their feet. The volleyball team has too much tradition and has had too much success with their program to disban it.... They will find someone to take the position and ensure these girls get to play.[/QUOT 1
[quote=missbasketball][quote=phs1986]You and I both know this will never happen.... IMHO, they are just dragging their feet. The volleyball team has too much tradition and has had too much success with their program to disban it.... They will find someone to take the position and ensure these girls get to play.[/QUOT

( I don't know its Aug 3rd and still no coach..................
wildcatfan99 Wrote:Can someone name the new head coaches and if they played college volleyball and what college are they from.

And what about Belfry I understand that Anna Bevins has been helping until they find a new coach?

As far as I know they are :
Phelps - Melissa Peck
Paintsville - Dawn Kinner
Pikeville - Kelly Christensen
Pike Co. Cent. - Kalaiah Evans
Belfry - ???
Lawrence Co. - Erin Evans
Lets start to see some rankings, the season is now less than a week away !!! Here are the teams, rank'em !!!

Lawrence Co.
Magoffin Co.
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Sheldon Clark

Belfry
Pike Co. Cent.
Phelps

Shelby Valley
Pikeville
East Ridge

Prestonsburg
Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Piarist
South Floyd
Any word on Belfry?

I think Allen Central and Besty Layne are the teams to beat. Several other schools could also compete by the end of the year. I am looking forward to see how the teams with new coaches will respond.

Who do you see as being the sleeper this year? Pikeville, Paintsville, Johnson Central, East Ridge, etc?
I say Phelps, Belfry, Pike Central in that order :1:
The KVCA released it's pre-season top 5 from each region, the 15th was :
#1 Allen Central
#2 Betsy Layne
#3 Belfry
#4 East Ridge
#5 Pikeville
Who will fill the 5th position if Belfry is unable to find a coach.
It is awful that a school as big as Belfry can't get in there and fine a coach for them, is is just awful that this has not been taking care of by now... Get by Bus, Belfry. We need to play against you....
Bevins was coaching at Allen Central tourney, maybe she will continue.
The AC scrimmage was Anna's last day with Belfry (according to her), she has to start at Pikeville College on the 9th.
I think Belfry will have a coach in place early in the upcoming week.
Belfry is suppost to have a coach.... someone that has never coached before . Belfry's staff justs thru anyone they could in there and they act like the girls need to be soooo thankfull that they even got a team. And I heard that they do not want to provide a bus to the away games they want the parents to take them. This is a shame that these girls are being treated like this. This is one of the best teams in the county.They run fan buses for the football team and can not provide one for the volleyball players there something wrong.This sure looks bad on Belfry...... but as long as it doesn't affect the foolball team nothing will be done about it.... SHAME ON YOU BELFRY
UK Fan14 Wrote:The KVCA released it's pre-season top 5 from each region, the 15th was :
#1 Allen Central
#2 Betsy Layne
#3 Belfry
#4 East Ridge
#5 Pikeville

I don't see ER being in the top 5 this year
I think the KVCA poll is most accurate with South Floyd possibly filling the 5th position and Pikeille being 6th.
Anyone know who the Belfry coach is yet?
WildcatFan22 Wrote:Anyone know who the Belfry coach is yet?

Autumn "Reed" Chapman
ImagineThat! Wrote:Autumn "Reed" Chapman
What are her credentials?
She really does not need credentials if she has the assistants Coach Mounts had.They can help her along,so the season can get underway.I am totally baffled as to WHY NOONE wanted this team ......Players parents staff pressure big shoes to fill had to be a reason ....