Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-season 15th Region Volleyball rankings
What do you think?
Who has any ideas on the top teams, players and coaches this year? Come on ladies let's get this year started!!
Belfry
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Allen Central

These are the top 4 teams as of now, imo.. not in any certain order.
I think Ac is ranked too low. What about the players? AC still has some good ones. Did BL loose any?
i wasn't putting them in any certain order. just saying, i believe those are the top four teams in the region as of right now.
& no BL didn't lose anyone.
3 of the 4 teams listed above essentially got everyone back, AC lost the 15th's POY and a couple of other girls, but they should be alright. It will come down to who wants it and is able to make plays when the games tighten up. Should be an interesting year.
Belfry is in for along year, they lost their coach and the school is not trying to find one. These girl don't know what to do or even if they are going to have a team. This is ashame if this was the football team they would have posted this coaching job all over KY.
missbasketball Wrote:Belfry is in for along year, they lost their coach and the school is not trying to find one. These girl don't know what to do or even if they are going to have a team. This is ashame if this was the football team they would have posted this coaching job all over KY.

Yeah, practice starts July 15th and Belfry still has no coach, unless one has been named today. I also heard from a reliable source that if a coach is not found soon that the program will be disbanded.
That would be a travesty. Surely someone over there will take it.
The principle and broad members need to get off of there butts and find a coach. I believe the problem is they don't want to pay anyone to do it. that is a ashame these girls are being done this way. They have a great team and alot of girls coming up from the middle school.All they want to do is do away with the team so they don't have to fool with it.
Does anyone know if the Belfrys volleyball girls can play for another school if they don't have a team and still go to Belfry. This is awful that these girls can't play their senior year, and this is looking awful bad on Belfry High school,
:redboxer:
This is a shame everyone needs to stop supporting the football team until something is done about this!!!!!!!! but I know that a joke thats all Belfry thinks about.. If they disband this team that would give Belfry a big black eye. pitful pitful pitful
Title IX
does anyone know if belfry has a coach yet?
ilovevolleyball05 Wrote:does anyone know if belfry has a coach yet?

No, they do not have one unless they named one today. They are to the point of having to just put a body in that position to have a team (volleyball knowledge or not).

This is a shame, considering the history and talent of this team.
Belfry has a great tradition in volleyball!

Are you sure Blefry doesn't have a coach? It looks like khsaa.org has Anna Blevins as the coach for next season.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Belfry has a great tradition in volleyball!

Are you sure Blefry doesn't have a coach? It looks like khsaa.org has Anna Blevins as the coach for next season.

Anna Bevins is now coaching at Pikeville College.
missbasketball Wrote:This is a shame everyone needs to stop supporting the football team until something is done about this!!!!!!!! but I know that a joke thats all Belfry thinks about.. If they disband this team that would give Belfry a big black eye. pitful pitful pitful

You and I both know this will never happen.... IMHO, they are just dragging their feet. The volleyball team has too much tradition and has had too much success with their program to disban it.... They will find someone to take the position and ensure these girls get to play.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Isn't Belfry signed up for the Bluegrass games? Are they going to get to go?
I understand that Pikeville and Paintsville have new coaches. Has anyheard anything about Belfry's coaching position?
canudiggit Wrote:Isn't Belfry signed up for the Bluegrass games? Are they going to get to go?

Belfry was supposed to go and they are on the schedule in Pool B. As far as I know, they are not going.

Belfry does not officially have a coach yet. They are supposedly getting one tomorrow. Anna Bevins has been practicing the girls since Thursday to get them started.
Belfry, Betsy Layne, and Prestonsburg are in it.
Allen Central as well.
Best I can tell is there will be 5 new coaches in the 15th region this year.

Belfry
Paintsville
Pikeville
Pike co. Central
Phelps
Best I can tell is there will be 5 new coaches in the 15th region this year.

Belfry
Paintsville
Pikeville
Pike co. Central
Phelps
I thought Johnson Central was getting a new coach.
I don't think JC has new coaches. I think Lawrence county does.
Can someone name the new head coaches and if they played college volleyball and what college are they from.

And what about Belfry I understand that Anna Bevins has been helping until they find a new coach?
Belfry still has no coach... they have done missed the bluegrass games and the season is almost ready to start but still no coach... this is so sad