Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAIA Football
well im going to campbellsville to play and what i know of the school and coaching staff i really like it
Matt12344 Wrote:It Also depends on your grades too and if your a junior now i wouldnt be worried about it yet just have fun and enjoy your senior season

Since we are giving 59 advise, my advise is that he should take his senior year very seriously, in the classroom and on the field. While having fun sounds great, it's more important that 59 works his tail end off on the books and on the practice field. Hopefully that's fun for him. If not, do it any way.

As for choosing a college based on football and playing time, my advise to 59 is that he reconsider his priorites in selecting a college. In my opinion, he should choose a college based on how he thinks it will prepare him for life after college; not on how quickly he'll get playing time. Does it have the academic programs that he thinks he'll be interested in? Does he actually like the school and does he think he will fit in well there? If you hate the school, it's hard to do well academically. What percentage of kids starting at the college actually graduate? What percentage of graduates get a job in their degree area within 3 months of graduating? Those types of questions should be more important than playing time in my opinion. I've known way too many kids that chose a college based on playing time or the football program, then quit playing college football for various reasons and dropped out of the college. Some dropped out forever and some found out when they transferred to another school that credits did not transfer, so they were behind. 59 should also keep in mind that his college football career is one knee injury away from being over. Harsh but true.

As to the grammar and punctuation issue, while it may not be important on message boards, it is critical in the workplace unless he wants to spend the rest of his life flipping burgers or changing tires. It doesn't take much effort to use proper punctuation and use proper spelling. I think the adage of sports: "you play like you practice" may be applicable here.

Just my 10 cents worth that 59 is free to ignore if he so chooses.