Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Whitaker on the move again??
RavenBoy Wrote:His dad might leave Hazard but his son wont.
.....And you know this because????? I am beginning to think you don't have a life?????
Justice will not be out at LCC.
Did LCC even have any seniors on this years team?
thetruth98 Wrote:Did LCC even have any seniors on this years team??

Longsworth.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Rumor has it he is looking to leave Hazard and pursue the HEAD COACHING RANKS once again. Wonder what schools are looking for a great point guard, a nice strong forward, and of course a great coach. Would he fit in at the new Harlan County school????

i think the new school is content with the coach they already have. i know that they WERE looking for an assist. coach though, greg coldiron who coached with jones before was looking at it, but ended up not taking it and then i know of some other people jones was looking at, but i don't know if anythings been worked out yet with someone else cuz the one he was looking at isn't going to be able to do it either.
Bull Dawg Fan Wrote:.....And you know this because????? I am beginning to think you don't have a life?????
Yea that makes alot of sense.Rolleyes
warmachine Wrote:Breathitt wont hire Whitaker without his boy and Warren. No way, Breathitt is a crooked place. You bring the boys, we'll hire you. The have the best point guard in the region at Breathitt and he dont even play basketball.

And Hazard isn't crooked? Do you think they would have hired Whitaker w/out his sons and Warren?LOL. This stuff goes on everywhere. Any high school in the area would take them if they had the opportunity.
Breathitt County is the most crooked place in Kentucky. I heard they successfully recruited 3 of Perry Centrals football players two weeks ago. I guess them boys are going to BHS for the Academics. LOL Breathitt does have one fine football program and I cant blame those boys for wanting to go there but Holcomb sure done a lot of recruiting from what I heard.
warmachine Wrote:Breathitt County is the most crooked place in Kentucky. I heard they successfully recruited 3 of Perry Centrals football players two weeks ago. I guess them boys are going to BHS for the Academics. LOL Breathitt does have one fine football program and I cant blame those boys for wanting to go there but Holcomb sure done a lot of recruiting from what I heard.

Who were the boys from Perry ?
warmachine Wrote:Breathitt County is the most crooked place in Kentucky. I heard they successfully recruited 3 of Perry Centrals football players two weeks ago. I guess them boys are going to BHS for the Academics. LOL Breathitt does have one fine football program and I cant blame those boys for wanting to go there but Holcomb sure done a lot of recruiting from what I heard.

I thought this thread was about Whitaker and boys' basketball. And since you brought up football,you're right. They've got kids from other places for years. ie. The Fugates are from Perry Co. Heck, he even got a WR from the local detention center to play in 2002! All legal of course. But, as I said in a previous post, this stuff goes on everywhere. Until the KHSAA monitors schools and transfers more closely, it will continue. But, back to basketball. Is there any chance that Whitaker would take this job? Would he put up with constant interference from the Supt?
mandan Wrote:And Hazard isn't crooked? Do you think they would have hired Whitaker w/out his sons and Warren?LOL. This stuff goes on everywhere. Any high school in the area would take them if they had the opportunity.

This statement is untrue. I personally know at least a few athletic directors that don't let these kinds of things happen. Apparently, if it means winning, we should have told our parents, "Heck yeah, I'd jump off the bridge too."
mandan Wrote:I thought this thread was about Whitaker and boys' basketball. And since you brought up football,you're right. They've got kids from other places for years. ie. The Fugates are from Perry Co. Heck, he even got a WR from the local detention center to play in 2002! All legal of course. But, as I said in a previous post, this stuff goes on everywhere. Until the KHSAA monitors schools and transfers more closely, it will continue. But, back to basketball. Is there any chance that Whitaker would take this job? Would he put up with constant interference from the Supt?

Smile , Remake of the Longest Yard, Kentucky High School Style...LOL!!!!Smile
thecavemaster Wrote:This statement is untrue. I personally know at least a few athletic directors that don't let these kinds of things happen. Apparently, if it means winning, we should have told our parents, "Heck yeah, I'd jump off the bridge too."

You're right. I should have said it goes on in a lot of places. There ARE some AD's that monitor a little more closely. Sometimes though, transfers occur "legally" (meaning on paper it's okay, but everyone knows why they transferred into the school), and the AD can't do much about it. Or, in some schools the AD doesn't have much input and other administrators (Supt.) handle it.
I believe every school to some extend is involved in recruiting and holding kids back but everything is legal about it. I don't really understand if it is legal there is no problem as long as the Kids best interest is at the root of the decision. Who wouldn't want their kid playing on the best teams available? Loyality comes into play but I think that goes out the window when it comes to what is best for the KID!
If he leaves would his son be made ineligible like Euton and Jackson. Not a whole lot of differences in situations.
With the Breathitt job now offically open I would never leave his name out of the discussion.