Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach Whitaker on the move again??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumor has it he is looking to leave Hazard and pursue the HEAD COACHING RANKS once again. Wonder what schools are looking for a great point guard, a nice strong forward, and of course a great coach. Would he fit in at the new Harlan County school????
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Rumor has it he is looking to leave Hazard and pursue the HEAD COACHING RANKS once again. Wonder what schools are looking for a great point guard, a nice strong forward, and of course a great coach. Would he fit in at the new Harlan County school????

Breathitt??
Whitaker is not going anywhere. His son has a chance to be part of a state championship team if he stays at Hazard. Why would he want to mess up all the pub his son would get? I don't think so.
Id like to have him and his boy's come to Knott with him...Imagine that Cox, Whitaker, and Stamper..tough to beat..
Survivor Wrote:Whitaker is not going anywhere. His son has a chance to be part of a state championship team if he stays at Hazard. Why would he want to mess up all the pub his son would get? I don't think so.

Rumors are very strong that he will be the asst principal at Breathitt next season.....
bleedblue Wrote:Id like to have him and his boy's come to Knott with him...Imagine that Cox, Whitaker, and Stamper..tough to beat..

Wouldn't that put a lot of focus on the point guard position? Stamper and Whitaker are pg's, Cox may have been if not for Stepp @ JBS. All I'm saying is that you can only have 'so much' of similar styles.

I've saw it happen many times that it creates friction in the ranks when there are multiple 'good' players at the same position on the same team.

For example, neither Stamper nor Cox did great last Saturday in the Adidas All Star game with Elisha Justice running point. The sum total can be either better or worse than the individual parts. All about teamwork.
True to many point guards I do agree with that..But just have a three guard set with two big man down low then it could possibly work. They all three could very well function together just need a coach to help them..
ARC Wrote:Rumors are very strong that he will be the asst principal at Breathitt next season.....

It would take a complete idiot to take the coaching job at Breathitt Co and I don't think Whitaker is an idiot. Breathitt Co politics are as bad as it gets. No one can last over a year or two there. Whitaker may leave, but not to Breathitt Co.
Survivor Wrote:It would take a complete idiot to take the coaching job at Breathitt Co and I don't think Whitaker is an idiot. Breathitt Co politics are as bad as it gets. No one can last over a year or two there. Whitaker may leave, but not to Breathitt Co.

It is a very strong rumor that he will indeed be at Breathitt next year.

It is posted on a public forum in Breathitt Co by a strong Breathitt supporter that it is a 'done deal'.

It is commonly reported by the kids at Breathitt.

Asst principal is a pretty good position.

Where there's smoke there's fire.
maybe lcc
Bring him to Scott County, we need a PG to go with Phares, Guyn and Euton
A-TRAIN Wrote:Bring him to Scott County, we need a PG to go with Phares, Guyn and Euton

Yeah, but you need a pass first, shoot second point guard with those players and Whitaker is not that type of PG...
His dad might leave Hazard but his son wont.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Rumor has it he is looking to leave Hazard and pursue the HEAD COACHING RANKS once again. Wonder what schools are looking for a great point guard, a nice strong forward, and of course a great coach. Would he fit in at the new Harlan County school????
Harlan Co High School has already hired a head coach, Mike Jones.
RavenBoy Wrote:His dad might leave Hazard but his son wont.

I doubt the kid is going to live by himself as a junior in high school.
I'm sure he will still play for Hazard and have another opportunity to be in Rupp Arena. It's only a short drive from Breathitt to Hazard for work.
Breathitt wont hire Whitaker without his boy and Warren. No way, Breathitt is a crooked place. You bring the boys, we'll hire you. The have the best point guard in the region at Breathitt and he dont even play basketball.
Which player is the best point guard? I didn't know they had a transfer.
Channing Fugate

uk96

Survivor Wrote:Whitaker is not going anywhere. His son has a chance to be part of a state championship team if he stays at Hazard. Why would he want to mess up all the pub his son would get? I don't think so.
So you think that Hazard will win a state championship next year huh?

uk96

ARC Wrote:Breathitt??
I have heard the same thing a few times and one of those times was from a Breathitt School official that it might be possible if some things were worked out. I think that Breathitt would be the frontrunner if he does decide to leave or he might just stay at Hazard next year..
uk96 Wrote:So you think that Hazard will win a state championship next year huh?
He diddnt say that he thought that Hazard would win a state championship...and if hazard get Miller its going to look very good for them to get a chance to win it all...
hazard should win the all a-state title if everyone returns. and if the miller kid from knox comes that will put the icing on the cake
you can have all the talent in the world but if you dont play as a team it will not pay off
basketballfan000 Wrote:you can have all the talent in the world but if you dont play as a team it will not pay off

Why would you make a statement like this? Didnt they play as a team this year?? DUH, finals of ALL A and Elite 8 in sweet 16 .
HazzBeen Wrote:I doubt the kid is going to live by himself as a junior in high school.
You dont know much about basketball then, He could have a uncle living in Hazard within a week if they wanted to.
He is 17, why cant his dad rent a place for him or he live with someone?
Talked to an LCC Higher up and they're interested in Whitiker and plan to make him an offer.
According to a guy I know and I promise you he hasn't let me down yet, Coach Whitaker is very close to going home to Bell County, but to coach at Middlesbrough. Also I was told by one of the assistants at Hazard that if Coach goes that Josh and Robert Warren will be following.
So your saying that Coach Justice is out at Letcher?????
I dont understand why they would get rid of him. He has done an excellent job with their program.
Pages: 1 2