Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in East KY
How do you get exposure to HOOPS SCOUTING.??
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:How do you get exposure to HOOPS SCOUTING.??

This quote is from them:

"Some people questioned how I can rank the young classes. Well I’m the individual who invited all the Kentucky kids to the JR All Americans Camps the last two years. I also attend all the state AAU tournaments, young and old. I try my hardest to see all the kids play that I can. I also have help from some real respected basketball people around the state that help me."

I would add that the Middle School State at the KBA also helps.
bballfan09 Wrote:Knox County has 2 kids, Jeffrey Canady might be the most athletic kid in Eastern Ky and Toby Merida is a 6'6 center.

canady is a nice player.
Coty Sexton from Jenkins is right up there 21 pt avg.
A lot of home calls there at Jenkins IMO. Avg. drops off sharply on the road. What is their record anyway?
Dylan Hamilton From Betsy Layne Is One Of The Best 8th Graders Around.
scbmike1 Wrote:Dylan Hamilton From Betsy Layne Is One Of The Best 8th Graders Around.

yea
Give me:
Olinger Hazard© (athletic big man)
Johnson Hazard at PG (one the quickest you will see)
Hamilton Sebastian 2G/PG/SF (one of the best all around scorers around)
Cox Sebastian 2G (great spot up shooter)
Trent Sebastian PF (big kid who can put the ball on the floor)

I will play anyone/anywhere in the state of KY from what I have seen over the last few years. This includes AAU and allstar teams. 14th region is loaded at the 8th grade level. I would love to have talent like this on the floor.
14RegionInsider Wrote:Give me:
Olinger Hazard© (athletic big man)
Johnson Hazard at PG (one the quickest you will see)
Hamilton Sebastian 2G/PG/SF (one of the best all around scorers around)
Cox Sebastian 2G (great spot up shooter)
Trent Sebastian PF (big kid who can put the ball on the floor)

I will play anyone/anywhere in the state of KY from what I have seen over the last few years. This includes AAU and allstar teams. 14th region is loaded at the 8th grade level. I would love to have talent like this on the floor.

I would have to agree with you. This maybe the best year for the 14th. I have seen sms several time and you are right they a 123 punch. The hamilton kid is a sharp shooter and the trent is a horse inside. Cox can really handle the ball. Yhe johnson kid is for real. This is a good core. I am yet to see any knott co. youth.
14 region insider . If your really interested I will put together a team from Floyd Co. and play your team if you can get them together. If you can get your team together, I will make this work seriously. pm me if you are serious and I will promote these young men on TV and middle school publications that I have access to that rates these players in middle school (Eastern Ky.)
It will be future 15th region stars Vs. future 14th region stars.
In Floyd County we would have a amazing team as well and 95% of our boys are 14 yrs old. Would love to see this type of game. Count me in.
15th region or Floyd County Stars? Floyd County has some real deal 8th and 7th graders out this season, I don't know of anyone older than 14 playing in the Floyd County Conference this season.
The PG from Harlan Independent (Saragas?) played well against Knox in the 13th region tourney this weekend. He scored 10 points or so and displayed very good ball-handling. Otherwise, I would agree that Canady (athlete) and Merida (post presence) are tough.
It would be a Floyd Co team made up of players who would play in the 15th region in high school, but who knows we may get a Pike Co team together also maybe 7 or 8 counties in the surrounding counties. I will make some phone calls over the next couple of weeks.
media man Wrote:It would be a Floyd Co team made up of players who would play in the 15th region in high school, but who knows we may get a Pike Co team together also maybe 7 or 8 counties in the surrounding counties. I will make some phone calls over the next couple of weeks.

Pike County team is already in the works.
What will be the process for selecting the team in Pike county? How many players will make the team?
actually would you say paintsville's tiller is the best 8th grader in east ky
I would have to say that is impressive to do what he's doing in eighth grade for the high school team
the 1 the only Wrote:actually would you say paintsville's tiller is the best 8th grader in east ky

No way. Just because he plays varsity doesn't mean he is the best 8th grader in east ky.. I would say Jordan Olinger of Hazard.
cslone Wrote:What will be the process for selecting the team in Pike county? How many players will make the team?

Someone will be getting in touch with every coach in Pike County.
MR. Slate Wrote:No way. Just because he plays varsity doesn't mean he is the best 8th grader in east ky.. I would say Jordan Olinger of Hazard.

:confused: What is your reasoning. I believe over the summer Tiller was on an AUU team that dominated the 13-14 year olds around the state. During camp at a varsity level he dropped 20+ against Lex. Cath. and now averages around 18 a game in varsity. Where is the comparison? So if you dont know who he is then theres a little bit of his resume.
I wonder what the process for picking a team in Floyd County will be?
Tiller is by far the best middle schooler i have seen and i would bet that if he was in the hazard school system he would dress varsity if not average a few minutes
100%SUCCESS Wrote:From Floyd County:
Andrew Roberts, Kory Jarrell, Dylan Hamilton (Betsy Layne),
Joseph Jamerson (Adams)
Brandon Marson (South Floyd)
Harlow (Allen Central)
all are nice players. It would be good to keep him all in Floyd County once they get in High School.

i think for the girls for betsy layne high school are: megan hamilton, taylor hott, taylor watkins, lindsey martin, faith reynolds, andi meade, and keligh wagner
dylan hall and corey thornsbury form Sf are 2 strong post players and corey can step out and play guard as well....but as to what raven boy was wonderin i think with the right coachin dylan hamilton from betsey layne has a chance to play some D1 ball if he keeps improving, he is the best middle schole player i have seen in floyd county in a long time, prolly the best since mike hall back in 1998 or 99