Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby knew
bobcatalways Wrote:You must know nothing about basketball. How can you say he was a great coach! Tubby is a great coach at a mid-level school. Tubby coubldn't find talent if it bit him in the you know what. 80% if his players were thugs! Tubby couldn't win the big games when it counted. I don't care if he won 20 + games, how many times did he make it to the final four. He knew what he was doing this past season, he got out while he could. He put Kentucky basketball into the dumps! Thank god that we have Billy with us.
Like Prince, Hayes, Daniels, Estill, Stone, Bogans, Fitch, Woo, Moss, Sparks, Azibukie, Rondo, Morris, and the list goes on and on. Name a player besides Rashad Caruth that was a "thug". Tubby had players that were great athlete and they fit into his system. And as I have said before Tubby wasn't going to put up with all the crap that people were throwing at him. I would bet that if fans wouldn't have dogged him after every loss he had then he would still be here and things would be a lot better. How many recruits want to go to a program that the coach is going to be put under a perverbial microscope every night? Yea, Tubby lost to UAB in the NCAA tournament once, but look at Duke last year which was probably a better team than UK (that lost to UAB) lost to VCU and what do their fans do? They still support their coach and cheer him on instead of pointing out everything he has done wrong and trying to get him fired. Kentucky has great fans and I am one of them but it also is bad when you have every anchor on ESPN or CBS talking about how hard the fans are on the coaches. Let them do their job and support them and if the time comes that the coach is asked to leave by the program then send him off gracefully. Tubby Smith deserved better and he is receiving better at the University of Minnesota.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Like Prince, Hayes, Daniels, Estill, Stone, Bogans, Fitch, Woo, Moss, Sparks, Azibukie, Rondo, Morris, and the list goes on and on. Name a player besides Rashad Caruth that was a "thug". Tubby had players that were great athlete and they fit into his system. And as I have said before Tubby wasn't going to put up with all the crap that people were throwing at him. I would bet that if fans wouldn't have dogged him after every loss he had then he would still be here and things would be a lot better. How many recruits want to go to a program that the coach is going to be put under a perverbial microscope every night? Yea, Tubby lost to UAB in the NCAA tournament once, but look at Duke last year which was probably a better team than UK (that lost to UAB) lost to VCU and what do their fans do? They still support their coach and cheer him on instead of pointing out everything he has done wrong and trying to get him fired. Kentucky has great fans and I am one of them but it also is bad when you have every anchor on ESPN or CBS talking about how hard the fans are on the coaches. Let them do their job and support them and if the time comes that the coach is asked to leave by the program then send him off gracefully. Tubby Smith deserved better and he is receiving better at the University of Minnesota.

Great Post!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Like Prince, Hayes, Daniels, Estill, Stone, Bogans, Fitch, Woo, Moss, Sparks, Azibukie, Rondo, Morris, and the list goes on and on. Name a player besides Rashad Caruth that was a "thug". Tubby had players that were great athlete and they fit into his system. And as I have said before Tubby wasn't going to put up with all the crap that people were throwing at him. I would bet that if fans wouldn't have dogged him after every loss he had then he would still be here and things would be a lot better. How many recruits want to go to a program that the coach is going to be put under a perverbial microscope every night? Yea, Tubby lost to UAB in the NCAA tournament once, but look at Duke last year which was probably a better team than UK (that lost to UAB) lost to VCU and what do their fans do? They still support their coach and cheer him on instead of pointing out everything he has done wrong and trying to get him fired. Kentucky has great fans and I am one of them but it also is bad when you have every anchor on ESPN or CBS talking about how hard the fans are on the coaches. Let them do their job and support them and if the time comes that the coach is asked to leave by the program then send him off gracefully. Tubby Smith deserved better and he is receiving better at the University of Minnesota.

Very true.
Good post.