Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Pitchers on Your Team
OffTheHook Wrote:[quote=kyr450]

OK, He was Pitching and got beat. He was also struck out 3 times that day. And sounds like Danville is "Recruiting". No doubt he is a pretty good ball player. But, he also comes with luggage. Anyone in Belfry will tell ya that.

Danville has a great program if they were going to go after somebody it wouldn't be him. I'm sorry I am by no means bashing this kid it's just a reality check. I know that people post on here and are biast towards their own school but come on you have to know that he doesn't stack up with the other kids who play for power house programs.
OMG Wrote:Danville has a great program if they were going to go after somebody it wouldn't be him. I'm sorry I am by no means bashing this kid it's just a reality check. I know that people post on here and are biast towards their own school but come on you have to know that he doesn't stack up with the other kids who play for power house programs.

:thumpsup:
OffTheHook Wrote:[quote=kyr450]

OK, He was Pitching and got beat. He was also struck out 3 times that day. And sounds like Danville is "Recruiting". No doubt he is a pretty good ball player. But, he also comes with luggage. Anyone in Belfry will tell ya that.

I didnt say the actual high school was asking him to move there, but people close to the baseball program has, an I know he comes with luggage, but a good coach keeps the "luggage" in check lol, the luggage stays away from the team... Im not gonna argue about it, I was just stating my honest opinion, I have seen alot of baseball over the years, an I know the game, an I think he is going to be something very special... Im not saying he is going to be an impact player this season, because he is not, the kid is only in 8th grade and is only 14 years old, but if he continues to improve like he should he has a bright baseball career ahead of him...
kyr450 Wrote:[quote=OffTheHook]

I didnt say the actual high school was asking him to move there, but people close to the baseball program has, an I know he comes with luggage, but a good coach keeps the "luggage" in check lol, the luggage stays away from the team... Im not gonna argue about it, I was just stating my honest opinion, I have seen alot of baseball over the years, an I know the game, an I think he is going to be something very special... Im not saying he is going to be an impact player this season, because he is not, the kid is only in 8th grade and is only 14 years old, but if he continues to improve like he should he has a bright baseball career ahead of him...

That's still recruiting. :o

It's very possible to be a contributor at that age. Shepherd from LC has been then ace there since he was in 7th grade, and I think he's now a freshman. What luggage are you talking about. I was actually talking about the other kid you had mentioned Runyon. That's who I said wouldn't stack up in the region, not the 8th grader. You said Runyon was the best on Belfry's staff, and that's when I asked you how he would stack up against those other pitchers.
OMG Wrote:It's very possible to be a contributor at that age. Shepherd from LC has been then ace there since he was in 7th grade, and I think he's now a freshman. What luggage are you talking about. I was actually talking about the other kid you had mentioned Runyon. That's who I said wouldn't stack up in the region, not the 8th grader. You said Runyon was the best on Belfry's staff, and that's when I asked you how he would stack up against those other pitchers.

Please learn how to quote. The last two you have done it makes it appear as if said them. Please... lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Please learn how to quote. The last two you have done it makes it appear as if said them. Please... lol

Look at yours buddy it's doing the same thing. I know how to quote don't come at me like that.
OMG Wrote:Look at yours buddy it's doing the same thing. I know how to quote don't come at me like that.

Don't come at you like that? I said Please and even posted lol. You also said he was doing it, NOT me.
Relax jeez. Sorry.
OffTheHook Wrote:Please learn how to quote. The last two you have done it makes it appear as if said them. Please... lol

I personally think besides the 57th district there is no other really good pitchers
OffTheHook Wrote:Don't come at you like that? I said Please and even posted lol. You also said he was doing it, NOT me.
Relax jeez. Sorry.

I was just messing with you...Look at yours a couple up, it did they same thing, I don't know why it did that?
Yep, sure did. pactice what I preach huh. lol
OMG Wrote:I personally think besides the 57th district there is no other really good pitchers

Dillon Stiltner
kyr450 Wrote:[quote=OffTheHook]Williams was beaten by Paintsville's JR League team last season and Belfry was shutdown by Paintsville's own Jackson, with 19 Ks.
As far as this season goes. The 57th is loaded again.[/QUOTE

Most of the kids from Belfry doesnt even play in the Belfry junior league... Williams also played summer an fall ball for Danville, they seem to think he something special also, since they are trying to get his family to move there... Also freshman Charles Ryan Smith is going to be a very good pitcher for Belfry over the next 4 season...
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! The only reason Williams was on the team was a connection he had with a player from Pikeville. The player had played with a member of the MORSE MUSTANGS (Not even Danville) on another traveling team (from Pikeville, not affialated with the school) and the player was asked to play by a coach of the Mustangs that had a son that also played on the team from Pikeville. The player from the Pikeville team then asked Williams to play for Morse and he did. There was no connection directly from Tyler to Danville, it was VERY indirect. I know Tyler very well and he is a good player and I have a lot of respect for the men that coach at The Morse Baseball Academy and they do not need to be insinuated with illegal activities. The Morse Mustangs are no affiliation with Danville. They have players from Boyle, Danville, Anderson.

Evidently you are talking about a summer travel team in Danville. Could it be the Morse Mustangs that he played on?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=kyr450]

Evidently you are talking about a summer travel team in Danville. Could it be the Morse Mustangs that he played on?
That was the team. Read my post above it tells the story.
Panther Thunder Wrote:[quote=kyr450]
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! The only reason Williams was on the team was a connection he had with a player from Pikeville. The player had played with a member of the MORSE MUSTANGS (Not even Danville) on another traveling team (from Pikeville, not affialated with the school) and the player was asked to play by a coach of the Mustangs that had a son that also played on the team from Pikeville. The player from the Pikeville team then asked Williams to play for Morse and he did. There was no connection directly from Tyler to Danville, it was VERY indirect. I know Tyler very well and he is a good player and I have a lot of respect for the men that coach at The Morse Baseball Academy and they do not need to be insinuated with illegal activities. The Morse Mustangs are no affiliation with Danville. They have players from Boyle, Danville, Anderson.

OK, you cleared that up. I figured that is what was being referred to. We posted at about the same time.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Dillon Stiltner

I hate you Kimball! jk. You always have to prove me wrong.haha. You are right though, i've never seen him pitch but I have heard great things about him, and he could be put on that list as well.
OffTheHook Wrote:Yep, sure did. pactice what I preach huh. lol

HAHA! Yea I don't know why it's doing that?
OMG Wrote:I hate you Kimball! jk. You always have to prove me wrong.haha. You are right though, i've never seen him pitch but I have heard great things about him, and he could be put on that list as well.

Stand in line!!Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Stand in line!!Smile

HAHA I'm kidding.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Letcher Central's best pitcher for this year and years to come will be Tanner Sexton the little brother to Schyler Sexton who graduated last year and was LCC's ace and lead them to a region title and a game one win vs. JC in semi state. Altough Tanner is only a freshman he can locate his fastball and has a NASTY curve, i don't know if he's got the awesome knuckle like his brother though. If he could put a few more MPH's on his fastball then he could be one of the best pitchers in the 14th.

I totally Agree:thumpsup:
tyler hylton for the warriors..he shut down lawrence saturday at the scrimmage till the 4th inning when he was taken out
Bigstick08 Wrote:tyler hylton for the warriors..he shut down lawrence saturday at the scrimmage till the 4th inning when he was taken out

I find that hard to believe? Is he the one that pitched against them in the region last year?
believe it...i play and i seen every pitch threw he had threw 7 pitches at one time with 4 outs...maybe unbelievable but believe it
Bigstick08 Wrote:believe it...i play and i seen every pitch threw he had threw 7 pitches at one time with 4 outs...maybe unbelievable but believe it

well I wouldn't read to much into it, I just don't think that ER and Lawrence are on the same level. LC regardless of what they score may have been will beat ER ten out of ten times.
rawlingsfan Wrote:14th Region-
Brewer or Kinser, Powell Co.
Drake, Lee Co.
Freeman, Estill Co.
Potter or King, JBS
Puckett, Jenkins
Ritchie, Breathitt Co.
Morgan, Leslie Co.
Martin or Combs, Hazard
Goodson or Napier, PCC
Hyden, Buckhorn

You forgot KCC. I don't know who will be pitching for this team since they have no seniors and only a few juniors who are just now playing since grade school. But I can tell you the two best pitchers are Mikey Slone and Jared Amburgey. The others that coach is trying to pitch may get better as the season goes along, but right now they need alot of practice. Slone and Amburgey are faster and more consistant than anyone else on the team. Amburgey has to get back in the swing of things since he is one of the juniors who are just now coming out to play. But someone on another thread said he was clocked at 75 mph when he was 12, and that right now his coach said he was pitching about 8 mph faster than anyone else in the region. But I also heard he was having some trouble with his shoulder right now but I don't know this for sure. I guess we will see tonight at their first game against Estill County.
we showed everyone that we can play with the best and possibly beat the best..so look out this year
Bigstick08 Wrote:we showed everyone that we can play with the best and possibly beat the best..so look out this year

How did you do that? It was a lousy scrimmage game that you still lost 11-1. How can you take from that that you can beat LC. What happened when their ace threw? Nothing because you know why? He didn't even pitch on Saturday. You face their number 3 pitcher to start the game and then they went down after that because they were going to pitch them today. You can say you can play with them when you haven't even seen their best or their second best. Plus this is like spring training when the Reds go undefeated and then by the end of the year they are 28 games back of the division.
well they sure couldnt hit our ace..we put the bat on the ball way better so u need to stop arguin...by the way the thread said BEST PITCHERSon your TEAM i agrued with you on another thread that is all your good for...READ THE THREAD
Bigstick08 Wrote:well they sure couldnt hit our ace..we put the bat on the ball way better so u need to stop arguin...by the way the thread said BEST PITCHERSon your TEAM i agrued with you on another thread that is all your good for...READ THE THREAD

You were actually the one off topic when you said you could play with the best in the region. That's just not true because you didn't face the best pitchers on their team for longer than 2 innings. How did you put "the bat on the ball" better when you got beat 11-1?