Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Pitchers on Your Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to read a discussion on each team's best pitchers(Strengths and weaknesses)! Who is the BEST on your team and what kind of stuff do they have?(if there's more than one, please feel free to put 'em out here!)
Allen Central's best is Scott Little, however he had Tommy John surgery back in july. With normal rehab he should be able to pitch some in relief by years end. Scott was clocked at
86-88 in the regional. He has a good change-up and nice breaking ball. I know that he has been working really hard. I wish him the best of luck.
Correction:
Grimm was not clocked at 89 over the fall. I had been mis-informed. At a Cincinnatti Camp, he was gunned at 87. If a mod could delete my last post, that would be great. Sorry for the mix-up.
C'mon guys... I'd like to know who all is pitching for which team this year!
14th Region-
Brewer or Kinser, Powell Co.
Drake, Lee Co.
Freeman, Estill Co.
Potter or King, JBS
Puckett, Jenkins
Ritchie, Breathitt Co.
Morgan, Leslie Co.
Martin or Combs, Hazard
Goodson or Napier, PCC
Hyden, Buckhorn
Pupaw Wrote:Correction:
Grimm was not clocked at 89 over the fall. I had been mis-informed. At a Cincinnatti Camp, he was gunned at 87. If a mod could delete my last post, that would be great. Sorry for the mix-up.

Well he better not let the police catch him because he doesn't need to be driving that fast in his vehicle.
Golly Rawlingsfan.... Thanks for the info!
Brandon "Buck" Martin- Pike Central
Corey Wallen from SF
Rodebaugh or Hughes from Prestonsburg.
Grimm
Rodebaugh and Hughes for Prestonsburg.
Letcher Central's best pitcher for this year and years to come will be Tanner Sexton the little brother to Schyler Sexton who graduated last year and was LCC's ace and lead them to a region title and a game one win vs. JC in semi state. Altough Tanner is only a freshman he can locate his fastball and has a NASTY curve, i don't know if he's got the awesome knuckle like his brother though. If he could put a few more MPH's on his fastball then he could be one of the best pitchers in the 14th.
rawlingsfan Wrote:14th Region-
Drake, Lee Co.
Freeman, Estill Co.
Potter or King, JBS
Puckett, Jenkins
Ritchie, Breathitt Co.
Morgan, Leslie Co.
Martin or Combs, Hazard
Goodson or Napier, PCC
Hyden, Buckhorn
You could throw Profitt from Powell in there. He's gained alot since last year and might be throwing in front of Kinser in the Rotation. Isaacs from Estill is also a pretty decent pitcher and gets quality time on the mound. Just thought I'd add a few.Smile
Betsy Layne
1. Brennan Case- Good Speed
2. Heath Tackett- Good Junk
3. Samuel Keathley- Decent Curveball
Rison from Powell might be pitching a little also.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Letcher Central's best pitcher for this year and years to come will be Tanner Sexton the little brother to Schyler Sexton who graduated last year and was LCC's ace and lead them to a region title and a game one win vs. JC in semi state. Altough Tanner is only a freshman he can locate his fastball and has a NASTY curve, i don't know if he's got the awesome knuckle like his brother though. If he could put a few more MPH's on his fastball then he could be one of the best pitchers in the 14th.

Everyone on LCC could be the best in the region according to you. Corey Brewer on Powell is by far the best pitcher in the region. The Jenkins coach you talk about so rudely coached him in the 14th region Jr All stars and said that he is by far the best pitcher on that junior team. It would be really nice if you wan't blinded by your opinions and looked at the entire region as a whole.
rawlingsfan Wrote:14th Region-
Drake, Lee Co.
Freeman, Estill Co.
Potter or King, JBS
Puckett, Jenkins
Ritchie, Breathitt Co.
Morgan, Leslie Co.
Martin or Combs, Hazard
Goodson or Napier, PCC
Hyden, Buckhorn

Looks good!
sacbunt Wrote:Everyone on LCC could be the best in the region according to you. Corey Brewer on Powell is by far the best pitcher in the region. The Jenkins coach you talk about so rudely coached him in the 14th region Jr All stars and said that he is by far the best pitcher on that junior team. It would be really nice if you wan't blinded by your opinions and looked at the entire region as a whole.

Title of this thread is Best Pitchers On Your Team, not best pitcher in the region.
jenkins has puckett wilder dishman gross both of them dixon hunsucker ...
IMO Belfry's best pitcher would be Robert Ruyon, velocity has improved greatly over season, an his off speed junk is unreal... Runyons downfall is his consistency. He has a tendousy to get off balance, he also sometimes drops his back shoulder, when he keeps his mechanics in check he is very tough to hit... Pitcher to watch out for is 8th grader Tyler williams, this kid is truely going to be something special... I can't wait to watch him progress through his High School career... Coach Hagy has a truely talented pitching staff coming up the next 4 years...
kyr450 Wrote:IMO Belfry's best pitcher would be Robert Ruyon, velocity has improved greatly over season, an his off speed junk is unreal... Runyons downfall is his consistency. He has a tendousy to get off balance, he also sometimes drops his back shoulder, when he keeps his mechanics in check he is very tough to hit... Pitcher to watch out for is 8th grader Tyler williams, this kid is truely going to be something special... I can't wait to watch him progress through his High School career... Coach Hagy has a truely talented pitching staff coming up the next 4 years...

Will those pitchers be able to compete against the studs from the 15th though? LC, JC, Paintsville. Those schools all have great pitching staffs. I know Belfry has some descent pitcher's, but where do they stack up against the studs?
Belfrys staff this season will stack up better than some think... In the next few years IMO Belfry will have the best pitching staff in the region... Tyler will be the best pitcher in the region in a couple seasons...
kyr450 Wrote:Belfrys staff this season will stack up better than some think... In the next few years IMO Belfry will have the best pitching staff in the region... Tyler will be the best pitcher in the region in a couple seasons...

Were talking about this season! This season is the only season were talking about. You'll atleast agree this season Belfry's pitching staff doesn't stack up with the stud teams in this region that win it every year.
No I didnt agree they wouldnt stack up, I said they will stack up better than some think... Belfry will be right there in the batlle for the 15th come may, I promise you that...
kyr450 Wrote:No I didnt agree they wouldnt stack up, I said they will stack up better than some think... Belfry will be right there in the batlle for the 15th come may, I promise you that...

I am sorry but I just don't believe that. Nothing personal against the team. They have a good coach, but I seen them at the end of last year get absolutely thumped with their "best" pitchers. So I just can't believe that Belfry's pitchers are as good as Grimm from Paintsville, or Shepherd from Lawrence, Lyons from Paintsville, or Cyrus and Michaels from Lawrence. Not too mention Johnson Central has the young Parker kid and Conley as well as Vance. It's just hard for me to believe they stack up with that.
kyr450 Wrote:No I didnt agree they wouldnt stack up, I said they will stack up better than some think... Belfry will be right there in the batlle for the 15th come may, I promise you that...

Williams was beaten by Paintsville's JR League team last season and Belfry was shutdown by Paintsville's own Jackson, with 19 Ks.
As far as this season goes. The 57th is loaded again.
OMG Wrote:I am sorry but I just don't believe that. Nothing personal against the team. They have a good coach, but I seen them at the end of last year get absolutely thumped with their "best" pitchers. So I just can't believe that Belfry's pitchers are as good as Grimm from Paintsville, or Shepherd from Lawrence, Lyons from Paintsville, or Cyrus and Michaels from Lawrence. Not too mention Johnson Central has the young Parker kid and Conley as well as Vance. It's just hard for me to believe they stack up with that.

This isnt the same team as the team at the end of the season last year...
[quote=OffTheHook]Williams was beaten by Paintsville's JR League team last season and Belfry was shutdown by Paintsville's own Jackson, with 19 Ks.
As far as this season goes. The 57th is loaded again.[/QUOTE

Most of the kids from Belfry doesnt even play in the Belfry junior league... Williams also played summer an fall ball for Danville, they seem to think he something special also, since they are trying to get his family to move there... Also freshman Charles Ryan Smith is going to be a very good pitcher for Belfry over the next 4 season...
kyr450 Wrote:[quote=OffTheHook]Williams was beaten by Paintsville's JR League team last season and Belfry was shutdown by Paintsville's own Jackson, with 19 Ks.
As far as this season goes. The 57th is loaded again.[/QUOTE

Most of the kids from Belfry doesnt even play in the Belfry junior league... Williams also played summer an fall ball for Danville, they seem to think he something special also, since they are trying to get his family to move there... Also freshman Charles Ryan Smith is going to be a very good pitcher for Belfry over the next 4 season...

OK, He was Pitching and got beat. He was also struck out 3 times that day. And sounds like Danville is "Recruiting". No doubt he is a pretty good ball player. But, he also comes with luggage. Anyone in Belfry will tell ya that.
Pages: 1 2