Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 52 Hazard 7 final
(10-24-2022, 08:30 AM)theprez Wrote: i just wished pikeville played valley.  such a good rival in other sports

They won’t play Pikeville in the regular season. Scrimmaged early on in the year though and it was ugly.
(10-24-2022, 08:30 AM)theprez Wrote: i just wished pikeville played valley.  such a good rival in other sports
Don’t want to play Valley. If you saw the scrimmage this year you know why. Would rather pick up JC or play Corbin every year.
If anyone ends up ahead of Pikeville in the RPI then shame on the KHSAA!! RPI has been absurd since it's inception!! The fact that the KHSAA hasn't either found a way to fix it in a way that matters, or scrap it in favor of a better system speaks volumes of their priorities & agenda!! It's shameful & anyone associated with it should be embarrassed!! Hopefully embarrassed enough to do something about it!! As I often say, maybe I'm wrong & what do I know, but come on!! A voting system compromised of several knowledgeable candidates would be a far better way to do it than the RPI!! Something similar to college football!!

It doesn't benefit either team as this year's scrimmage made clear!! Pikeville scheduling SV is one game they don't get to play top competition which not only helps get them battle hardened, but is an RPI boost. Likewise, it does SV no good to lose a very lopsided game to Pikeville!! There is nothing positive to gain from a SV/Pikeville series!!