Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 52 Hazard 7 final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hazard with a long drive on 2nd team defense late in the 4th to get on the board.
I suspect Hazard will fall from its #1 RPI perch. LOL
No surprise here. 

Good win for Pikeville!
Congratulations Pikeville!!! Wow!
Congratulations Pikeville!! I thought they would win but surprised by the margin.
(10-21-2022, 10:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect Hazard will  fall from its #1 RPI perch.  LOL
There is a possibility that if they beat Shelby Valley next week they could go back above Pikeville. Raceland plays Lawrence County and if they win they could also. Someone who knows how to calculate the rpi may be able to give you a definite answer.
Congratulations Pikeville I can see light at end of Kroger field
Preliminary odds
Pikeville 1 = 60%
Pikeville 2 = 30%
Pikeville 3 or worse = 10%

I’m not a mathematician so beware
(10-21-2022, 10:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard with a long drive on 2nd team defense late in the 4th to get on the board.
True. They wanted Pikeville’s 1st string off the field and that’s where the game got so chippy. They couldn’t score against Pikeville starters.When Mac put subs in, that’s when the pushing and shoving stopped. Congrats to the Panthers on a great win!!
(10-21-2022, 11:14 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 10:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard with a long drive on 2nd team defense late in the 4th to get on the board.
True. They wanted Pikeville’s 1st string off the field and that’s where the game got so chippy. They couldn’t score against Pikeville starters.When Mac put subs in, that’s when the pushing and shoving stopped. Congrats to the Panthers on a great win!!
I have to disagree the bad stuff started on the point after the touchdown that made it 28 to 0 then Pikeville tried a on side kick which fueled the fire but some late hits were happening before that by Hazard.  Pikeville looked good in this game on both sides of the ball and were definitely more physical than Hazard. The only thing I seen that could have been better was the passing game was off some but Pikeville definitely came out to,play tonight but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Hazard was playing tough but after that bad snap on 3rd and 1 it was pretty much all down hill from there including the sweet DLine interception on the following drive.

Pikeville's Defense played absolutely lights out tonight.

Shout out to the kicker 7/7 on extra points plus a nice field goal to end the first half.

Hazard will probably get another shot at Pikeville, and possibly in Hazard according to how the RPI shakes out, and I've seen huge turnarounds in this series but it's hard too see that happening this year but who knows.
What’s scary is Hazard is probably the 3rd or 4th best team in 1A. Poor Lynn Camp.
Start sizing up the ring fingers. Nobody gonna give Pikeville a game from here on out.
Updated rpi rankings.
1 Pikeville- 0.75502
2 Hazard- 0. 72693
3 Raceland- 0.71502
Even if Hazard wins and Raceland wins I think Pikeville still will be 1 but not for certain on it. If Hazard wins they should stay at 2 but if they lose and Raceland wins they should flip flop. Hazard will have Pineville first round and Williamsburg 2nd round on the road. That game will be big in determining who plays who in round 3. I think we can go ahead and put Raceland and Pikevilke in round 3. Pikeville will get Harlan/Sayre winner in round 2 and Raceland will get Paris/Betsy Layne winner in the 2 round
(10-21-2022, 11:47 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard was playing tough but after that bad snap on 3rd and 1 it was pretty much all down hill from there including the sweet DLine interception on the following drive.

Shout out to the kicker 7/7 on extra points plus a nice field goal to end the first half.

Hazard will probably get another shot at Pikeville, and possibly in Hazard according to how the RPI shakes out, and I've seen huge turnarounds in this series but it's hard too see that happening this year but who knows.

I agree it was down hill after that. Hazards receivers also didn’t help him either.

I am puzzled why Hazard b4 the game was out of hand, why they only threw 5 yard outs or screens. Never not one shot down field.. Max Johnson didn’t get the carries he normally gets either. ( unless it was after I left.)

Pikeville takes chances and throws the ball. They take shots down the field. Quarterback can almost finish baking a cake back there..

Did the teams get out injury free?
(10-22-2022, 01:04 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 11:47 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard was playing tough but after that bad snap on 3rd and 1 it was pretty much all down hill from there including the sweet DLine interception on the following drive.

Hazard will probably get another shot at Pikeville, and possibly in Hazard according to how the RPI shakes out,  and I've seen huge turnarounds in this series but it's hard too see that happening this year but who knows.

I agree it was down hill after that. Hazards receivers also didn’t help him either.

I am puzzled why Hazard b4 the game was out of hand, why they only threw 5 yard outs or screens. Never not one shot down field.. Max Johnson didn’t get the carries he normally gets either. ( unless it was after I left.)

Pikeville takes chances and throws the ball. They take shots down the field. Quarterback can almost finish baking a cake back there..

No, I saw one Hazard player being taken in a ambulance. Looked like a shoulder injury.
Hazard is no where close
(10-22-2022, 01:04 AM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 11:47 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard was playing tough but after that bad snap on 3rd and 1 it was pretty much all down hill from there including the sweet DLine interception on the following drive.

Hazard will probably get another shot at Pikeville, and possibly in Hazard according to how the RPI shakes out,  and I've seen huge turnarounds in this series but it's hard too see that happening this year but who knows.

I know #13 for Hazard left the game early and they took him to the hospital but I never heard anymore about it but I hope he is alright and let me know bac 2369 if you hear anything.
(10-21-2022, 11:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Preliminary odds
Pikeville 1 = 60%
Pikeville 2 = 30%

After further review
Pikeville 1 = 75
Pikeville 2 = 20
Pikeville 3 or worse = 5

Pikeville 2nd overall RPI behind Beechwood last I checked.
Pikeville has played a schedule that has prepared them for another Class A championship. Pikeville can only beat themselves from here on out. If they bring their A game no one touches them. If they look over anyone after 1st round and become satisfied then anything can happen. I don’t think it will happen but that is only chance any 1A school has. Pikeville’s title to lose.
(10-21-2022, 11:01 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Pikeville I can see light at end of Kroger field
I can see you trying to recruit their players.
Pikeville is hands down best team in eastern KY and will make 1A playoffs a complete joke.I don’t see any 1A team playing them any closer than 30.Hazard a has a good team especially for a small school but I seen during 2nd half when Letcher hung 50 on them that Hazard couldn’t compete with Pikeville. This is the first Pikeville team that I have seen that’s anywhere close to the the teams they had in late 80s when they was only 4 classes.
(10-22-2022, 10:42 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2022, 11:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Preliminary odds
Pikeville 1 = 60%
Pikeville 2 = 30%

After further review
Pikeville 1 = 75
Pikeville 2 = 20
Pikeville 3 or worse = 5
Beechwood is now without their best rb Mitchell Berger . Just wondering what effect that might have on their RPI ?
None. They will still drill NCC in their final regular season game.
Pikeville played well on both sides of the ball. The passing game needs polished and they need reps to get the timing down , but that will be ok by the playoffs. Panther WR’s dud an excellent job blocking and the defense was lights out. Just gotta stay ready mentally.
(10-22-2022, 04:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]None. They will still drill NCC in their final regular season game.

This.
Pikeville will not be touched- barring any unforeseen injuries to key players.

Hazard should spend the rest of the year trying to teach their kids to not act like undisciplined thugs.

I’ve seen them; and they are infested with “front runners” mentality.

Not trying to be mean at all; just completely honest.
(10-22-2022, 03:21 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is hands down best team in eastern KY and will make 1A playoffs a complete joke.I don’t see any 1A team playing them any closer than 30.Hazard a has a good team especially for a small school but I seen during 2nd half when Letcher hung 50  on them that Hazard couldn’t compete with Pikeville. This is the first Pikeville team that I have seen that’s anywhere close to the the teams they had in late 80s when they was only 4 classes.

Corbin is better.
If Corbin doesn’t win state title…..will BOO BIRDS and those begging for a coaching change re-emerge, immediately?
(10-22-2022, 10:21 PM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]If Corbin doesn’t win state title…..will BOO BIRDS and those begging for a coaching change re-emerge, immediately?

Yes. The talent is obviously there. Your critics never left, coach.
Pages: 1 2 3