Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro
15.38%
LCA
84.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Lexington Christian Academay 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
Game has been moved to Dunbar.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
(11-22-2021, 09:36 PM)nemo Wrote: Game has been moved to Dunbar.
Why?
(11-23-2021, 03:18 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
Why?

field conditions are bad at LCA
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr yellow jacket's post:
  • rookie57
I want Middlesboro to shock the state.

They won’t.

LCA wins and this season I don’t think it matters who they play as they’ll bring home a state title. Xavier Brown is too good and too athletic for teams to stop. Shame that we couldn’t keep him at school in state for college.
(11-23-2021, 06:03 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: I want Middlesboro to shock the state.

They won’t.

LCA wins and this season I don’t think it matters who they play as they’ll bring home a state title. Xavier Brown is too good and too athletic for teams to stop. Shame that we couldn’t keep him at school in state for college.

brown would never see the field if he stayed in state and went to kentucky
(11-23-2021, 03:18 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
Why?

PLD has turf, LCA still has bermuda.

(11-23-2021, 09:27 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 06:03 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: I want Middlesboro to shock the state.

They won’t.

brown would never see the field if he stayed in state and went to kentucky

Yes he would have. He may not have ever been the star or even the starter but he would have seen the field. We just watched Lavell Wright have a solid game for UK this past weekend as a true freshman. Wright was a stud in high school but not lightyears ahead of Brown by any means and he's in good shape to be the premier back of the future for Kentucky. It's not like Brown went FCS or something. Virginia is a solid ACC team. They made a bowl 3 straight years, would have played in one last year but opted out, and have qualified for a bowl this year. Brown will do just fine in college.
I'm planning to go to Lexington Friday and root on the Jackets. Bring home a win , boys!!!

GO YELLOWJACKETS!!!
I'm glad M'boro is back to making playoff runs, but they're running into one of the best teams in the state this Friday.

LCA wins, 42-0.
Does anybody know Coach French's record in the playoffs?
(11-24-2021, 04:31 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I'm glad M'boro is back to making playoff runs, but they're running into one of the best teams in the state this Friday.

LCA wins, 42-0.

I remember back in 1998 they ran into and through several good teams on the way to  a state championship. They ran through Hazard and Pikeville, before polishing off undefeated Beechwood and Mayfield. it definitely seems impossible this year, but we never know, especially since they have one of the best coaches in the state.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound, Patriot1
(11-22-2021, 11:46 AM)tazcat Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)FoosBall 2019 Wrote: You couldn’t take the best position players on every team Middlesboro has beaten this year and create a team capable of beating LCA.
Maybe but IMO just give this team Breathitts offense, just the offense and keep the Boro defense as it is now and thats 2A Champs IMO.

Not saying Middlesboro defense is a juggernaut but those kids wouldnt have to play both ways as they do now it would likely be alot better.

You think Breathitt's offense is that good lol?
(11-24-2021, 11:48 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)FoosBall 2019 Wrote: You couldn’t take the best position players on every team Middlesboro has beaten this year and create a team capable of beating LCA.
Maybe but IMO just give this team Breathitts offense, just the offense and keep the Boro defense as it is now and thats 2A Champs IMO.

Not saying Middlesboro defense is a juggernaut but those kids wouldnt have to play both ways as they do now it would likely be alot better.

Yeah that's a pretty tough sell for me too. I think Beechwood and LCA both have a better offense than Breathitt and both have a better defense than Middlesboro. The numbers don't lie. They've scored more than Breathitt and have been scored on less than Middlesboro against a much tougher schedule.
(11-21-2021, 10:18 AM)BUCK_WILD Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 07:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote: When a person tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football. lol

Congrats to Middlesboro and Mayfield, the only two public schools in the final four.
I say congrats to the public schools, too! But Beechwood and Mayfield are both "independent" school systems. In the Commonwealth of Kentucky, those are public. So LCA stands as the only private in this bracket.
(11-24-2021, 02:20 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 11:48 AM)Tigerallamerican Wrote:

Yeah that's a pretty tough sell for me too. I think Beechwood and LCA both have a better offense than Breathitt and both have a better defense than Middlesboro. The numbers don't lie. They've scored more than Breathitt and have been scored on less than Middlesboro against a much tougher schedule.
Meh whatever yall have your opinion i have mine doesn't make either one of us right or wrong cause it aint happening anyway so not even worth discussing.

We didnt play anybody in 1998 either and snapped Beechwood 41 game winning streak followed up with a 27-6 beatdown of Mayfield

I don't think the Boro will win but I've about talked myself into this game may end up being better than what people think myself included.  We will see in about 48hrs

Did Middlesboro agree to this move, or  did they have a choice?   There is no way I would have agreed to this move if I was Middlesboro.
(11-24-2021, 09:02 PM)Westside Wrote:

Did Middlesboro agree to this move, or  did they have a choice?   There is no way I would have agreed to this move if I was Middlesboro.
Doubt they had a choice LCA Coach Marty Moore was on KSR this morning. Said the Bermuda grass killed out the other type they planted and someone left the sprinkler on the field is unplayable.
[-] The following 2 users Like T-CATS's post:
  • nemo, Westside

The situation isn't precedent setting. Why would Middlesboro object to this if they could? They'd have to play on a "neutral" turf field in Lexington at Kroger Field next week if they win this Friday too.

If LCA's home field isn't playable, they still get to choose the venue. The LCA rep is the "Game Manager" and determines the site. See thumbnail below.

Thumbnail(s)

Anyone know of a stream for this game?
I found a link. Prepspin will be live streaming this game
https://www.go.prepspin.com/lca-vs-middl...-playoffs/
(11-25-2021, 01:10 AM)nemo Wrote:

The situation isn't precedent setting. Why would Middlesboro object to this if they could? They'd have to play on a "neutral" turf field in Lexington at Kroger Field next week if they win this Friday too.

If LCA's home field isn't playable, they still get to choose the venue. The LCA rep is the "Game Manager" and determines the site. See thumbnail below.

The reason I would have objected to this if I could have, if I were Middlesboro, is the mud would have slowed Lexington Christian down somewhat and neutralized their speed advantage.  I didn't think they would have had much of a say so because I remember years ago Dudley Hilton, while Bell County coach, chose to play Highlands on Thanksgiving Day on log Mountain during the playoffs.  He caught a lot of heat for that decision because many at Highlands didn't get to actually have a Thanksgiving Day dinner with their families.  The rule was later changed so that teams couldn't play on Thanksgiving.  For the record Highlands won that game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • nemo
jackets dont care where the game is played they just wanna play
Interesting to see the game moved. Is their field unplayable for safety precautions or unplayable because they don’t want to play in the mud? Middlesboro doesn’t have a chance in this game in my opinion. But a game in the mud astronomically helps Middlesboro’s chances.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Game Day!!!
(11-26-2021, 03:36 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Interesting to see the game moved. Is their field unplayable for safety precautions or unplayable because they don’t want to play in the mud? Middlesboro doesn’t have a chance in this game in my opinion. But a game in the mud astronomically helps Middlesboro’s chances.

I suspect the Lexington Christians didn't want to play in the mud. A mudfest with awful field conditions would give MBoro a better shot at an upset. These Christians apparently can't walk on water or even slop around in mud. Here's hoping pride goeth before a fall. GO JACKETS!!!
Pulling for Middlesboro in this one! Go JACKETS!!!!
Xavier Brown TD run puts LCA up 14-0, early in 1Q.

LCA - rushing TD by Parker Chaney.

LCA up 21-0, late in 1 Q.

LCA up 38-0. Running clock.

9:27 2Q
45-0 lca leads 2 mins to go in 2nd qtr.
45-0 at the half. There's just an absolute chasm between LCA/Beechwood and the rest of 2A.
Turf, grass, mud or concrete it doesn’t matter folks. LCA is fast and can beat you in multiple ways. LCA’s defense punched MB in the face on the first snap and never looked back.