Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro
15.38%
LCA
84.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Lexington Christian Academay 11/26 4th Round Playoffs
Middlesboro vs LCA

Middlesboro (13-0)
Aug 20, 21 Hazard home (W) 22 - 20 
Aug 27, 21 Williamsburg home (W) 60 - 28 
Sep 3, 21 Garrard County away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy
Sep 10, 21 Lynn Camp home (W) 34 - 0 
Sep 17, 21 Harlan away (W) 44 - 6 
Sep 24, 21 Breathitt County home (W) 52 - 30 
Oct 1, 21 Leslie County away (W) 49 - 18 
Oct 8, 21 Morgan County home (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy 
Oct 15, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 22, 21 Knott County Central away (W) 38 - 6 
Oct 29, 21 Pineville away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy 
Nov 5, 21 Leslie County home (W) 46 - 0 Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Breathitt County home (W) 43 - 33  Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 West Carter home (W) 33 - 6  Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

LCA (13-0)
Aug 20, 21 Madison Central away (W) 21 - 12 Click Restoration 1 Roy Kidd Bowl 
Aug 28, 21 Boyle County away (W) 35 - 28 Click Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank 
Sep 3, 21 Belfry away (W) 1 - 0 - COVID Cancelation - RPI per policy 
Sep 10, 21 Christian Academy-Louisville away (W) 37 - 14 
Sep 17, 21 Lexington Catholic home (W) 43 - 7 
Sep 24, 21 Pikeville home (W) 31 - 14 
Oct 1, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 8, 21 Washington County away (W) 55 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Somerset home (W) 63 - 13 
Oct 22, 21 Danville home (W) 56 - 14 
Oct 29, 21 Henry Clay away (W) 58 - 0 
Nov 4, 21 Washington County home (W) 68 - 7  Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 12, 21 Danville home (W) 61 - 13  Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals 
Nov 19, 21 Owensboro Catholic home (W) 49 - 21 Class 2A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Good luck to both teams!
Thoughts?
Clock runner.
Good run Middlesboro

LCA 49
Middlesboro 07
It's been a nice season for Middleboro but LCA advances (IMO), 42-17.
LCA is a well oiled machine!
LCA all the way!!!
It's going to be tough for Middlesboro to be undefeated and lose like they are going to lose but it is what it is. LCA by a running clock.
Middlesboro fan here and a realistic one too. Middlesboros program is back to respectful and those boys have had a hell of a season......BUT Lexington Christian Academy is a whole other animal to the level of teams this Middlesboro team has faced, all do respect Boro schedule has been light and the names on it are down. There's some fools gold to that 13-0 record.

Running Clock by half
LCA 56
Middlesboro 7
[-] The following 1 user Likes tazcat's post:
  • cuppett777
French is a defensive wizard but I don't think he can even come up with a game plan to stop LCA
It's been a great season for Middlesboro. They are supposed to have zero chance in this one, but nothing is impossible, so I'll pick them anyway. 28-21
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(11-21-2021, 02:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote: It's been a great season for Middlesboro. They are supposed to have zero chance in this one, but nothing is impossible, so I'll pick them anyway. 28-21
You're exactly right my friend. Boro may be the heavy underdog but there's still a game to be played. Like I've always said, anything can happen on a high school football field on a Friday night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-21-2021, 02:13 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 02:06 AM)pjdoug Wrote: It's been a great season for Middlesboro. They are supposed to have zero chance in this one, but nothing is impossible, so I'll pick them anyway. 28-21
You're exactly right my friend. Boro may be the heavy underdog but there's still a game to be played. Like I've always said, anything can happen on a high school football field on a Friday night.

Yeah, t's definitely a David vs. Goliath scenario, but they play the games for a reason.
  • #55PirateFan
LCA, running clock
middlesboro holds brown under 100 yards and middlesboro wins 28 to 26 in what i dont think is as big of a upset as everyone is making it out to be
Fake record Middlesboro gets demolished.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, PHSFOREVER1
(11-21-2021, 03:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Fake record Middlesboro gets demolished.

Nothing fake about being in the Final 4. Go back to sleep and dream about your Cougars.
  • Old School Hound
When a person tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • GreyStoke, Hoot Gibson
(11-21-2021, 07:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote: When a person tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football. lol

Congrats to Middlesboro and Mayfield, the only two public schools in the final four.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BUCK_WILD's post:
  • Old School Hound
(11-21-2021, 03:18 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: middlesboro holds brown under 100 yards and middlesboro wins 28 to 26 in what i dont think is as big of a upset as everyone is making it out to  be
Love your optimism and I personally know alot of Jackets fans that believe as u do.  Hopefully you are right and folks like me are wrong.

I guess we will see.  But make no mistake if Middlesboro wins this game it will be a major upset.
Middlesboro keeps it close for a quarter.
LCA 45-20
I am going with LCA but I can see The boro keeping it close if they can contain The speed of LCA and believe me there are more than a one player team
If Mboro wins this game(and I would like nothing better than for that to happen) , I would hope that the administrative fools at area code 40701 would put Mr. French's # on speed dial.
And if Mboro loses, I'd place the call as soon as the game was over.

Hell, I'd just go ahead and call now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
You couldn’t take the best position players on every team Middlesboro has beaten this year and create a team capable of beating LCA.
(11-21-2021, 07:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote: When a person tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football. lol
Johnson central had a kicker about 10 years  ago who could dribble a football on turf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • pjdoug
This magical fall in the crater ends Friday. Great season, Jackets! Just get back home with all the equipment.

Private Birds - 49
Public Bees - 12
(11-21-2021, 08:17 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: This magical fall in the crater ends Friday. Great season, Jackets! Just get back home with all the equipment.

Private Birds - 49
Public  Bees - 12

Love your nicknames.

I hope the Small Town Vespulas  can upset the Big City Pew Sitters.
(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)FoosBall 2019 Wrote: You couldn’t take the best position players on every team Middlesboro has beaten this year and create a team capable of beating LCA.
Maybe but IMO just give this team Breathitts offense, just the offense and keep the Boro defense as it is now and thats 2A Champs IMO.

Not saying Middlesboro defense is a juggernaut but those kids wouldnt have to play both ways as they do now it would likely be alot better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tazcat's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Middlesboro has had a hell of a season, but it may not be over just yet. I just witnessed them absolutely shut West Carter, and their two state leading offensive players, down. Now, I understand that LCA is and has been the best team in the state 1A-4A for the entire season. Middlesboro has some play makers that make BIG plays. If they could come out and make LCA respect their passing game (or lack there of) then it may open up some daylight for Bogonko and Grigsby to make some things happen.

Every team can be beat, and especially this time of the year you never know when that is going to be. I'm not saying Middlesboro is necessarily going to win, but I wouldn't count them out of the fight just yet. Those boys are playing their best ball right now against some strong teams. I won't put a score on it, but I'm going to say it'll be a closer game than people think, and hopefully the Yellow Jackets are going to be playing in Kroger Field in 2 weeks!

Go Jackets!
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDawgPrez's post:
  • #55PirateFan, rookie57
(11-21-2021, 06:02 PM)FoosBall 2019 Wrote: You couldn’t take the best position players on every team Middlesboro has beaten this year and create a team capable of beating LCA.
Completely agree. I haven’t seen them play at all but when you look at their schedule it has to be one of if not the weakest schedules in the state! To be completely honest it hasn’t been too strong through 3 rounds of playoffs. LCA is a legitimate football team. Great season for Middlesboro who I haven’t heard anything from in 10 years but this is a game where they will get absolutely exposed. LCA by as much as they want! 56-0
LCA 42
Middlesboro 28