Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Seat
pjdoug Wrote:If any of you know somebody that does hiring (not talking about athletic department) at University of the Cumberlands or can help a person please send me a message. I know a qualified person that needs a job in a hurry.

Sent you a message about a good contact.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Sent you a message about a good contact.

I replied. try to help me further if you can. it could be a life changing event for me:biggrin:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Would have had him before Chappell if ad would have let dud be dud not meant in a bad way. He just likes to be in control with his funding and charges at the gate himself for jv and freshman, nothing wrong with that. Wanted all the control of money and ad said no. But I have heard Hilton was at the market three times last week, and was also in Rockcastle interviewing.

"Control the funding" and "himself", So who does he answer to and how would anyone know if the gate pulled $5k or $3750? Hmm something seems kinda odd. I did hear about a huge house across the tunnel in TN.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Does that mean your moving up pj.😂😂😂
Just messing around glad to see you back hope all is well.

Not that I know of Smile . Thanks.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]They should have given him control. market

Restaurant, heard it numerous times past week

Colonels Market?
AverageJoe Wrote:"Control the funding" and "himself", So who does he answer to and how would anyone know if the gate pulled $5k or $3750? Hmm something seems kinda odd. I did hear about a huge house across the tunnel in TN.

Who does the clique answer to?
PHSForever Wrote:Here’s my perspective, for what it is worth.

Years ago, when Hillard Howard left Pikeville and then Bill Allara, they were humming like a well oiled machine. Little League thru high school, all players were coached well, similar style offenses, large foundation of support. Then some changes in administration led to some differing viewpoints, and we began to struggle. Royce Mayo, Mike Jackson, Chris McNamee (1st go around), John Chapman, Mike Copley, Ben Howard, then Chris McNamee again (finally). Along the way, a few rough seasons by Panther standards, and little league standards and support started to erode. Now, keep in mind the expectations at the Hs level never changed, leading to greater frustration when the depth and successes were not like times of old.

Mac gets brought back (should have never let him go IMO the first time), and he immediately started out rebuilding LL and spending time with those kids and parents and establishing expectations for coaching there, all the way up to the HS. It paid dividends with it culminating in the 2015 championship, and success since then. We are back on track because they left him alone, recognizing he’s a proven winner, and let him rebuild the program. Now, as long as everyone continues to follow the plan from elementary school up, depth will stay where it is now (like 57 kids on the roster), development coming along at an earlier age, etc.

Just my opinion. If an administration is serious about wanting the program to succeed, they need to hire someone who cares, knows how to win, and leave them alone for at least 6 years. By then, there will be an indication of evident improvement and success. Will they all win titles? No. There’s only 6 each year. But definite improvement is possible. So programs like Trimble need to look at what Pikeville and even Paintsville did to rebuild/re-establish, and follow the model. Putting anyone on the hot seat without giving them support and time, unless they just flat out don’t know what they’re doing, is a recipe for failure. My two uneducated cents. Lol
I was right in the middle of all that. My brother played during that time. I could tell you some stories that would BLOW YOUR MIND...There were times I was scared that our program would never get back relevance again. Glad Coach Mac is back and I agree never should’ve been ran off in the first place.
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:The talk around town in Owingsville is if Johnny Poynter @ Bath doesn’t go to Madison Southern or Central he will be given boot out of the HC position. Once again, this is a rumor; not 100% sure if this is the truth. I honestly like Johnny and hope he stays and does well
From what I have read on here @EKYFootball1717 you are a crap starter...I guess you think you are helping out the Bath County program but you are doing nothing but TRYING to tear it down. Either you are a former disgruntled coach or a disgruntled parent. Like I said in the Bardstown - Bath thread if you have an issue with Johnny Poynter talk to him about it.
Sounds like sore grapes to me! Kids want to go where they can win and have the best chance to be successful going to the next level. Transfers are a part of the business at every level. If they were transferring to your program you wouldn't feel that way! Look at the new school in Lexington. They are about to win the state championship with D1 players from every surrounding school in the area and no one has said a word from KHSAA! I believe the AD is the same guy who has killed the program at Fairview and no one has said a word! The fact of the matter is you need a good coach and an administration that believes in your vision and you also need the bravura to bring in the talent from your surrounding areas! If the kids don't want to play for your school and coach, then you have a culture problem that can be fixed but it better be with the right coach and admin!
SugeAvery Wrote:Sounds like sore grapes to me! Kids want to go where they can win and have the best chance to be successful going to the next level. Transfers are a part of the business at every level. If they were transferring to your program you wouldn't feel that way! Look at the new school in Lexington. They are about to win the state championship with D1 players from every surrounding school in the area and no one has said a word from KHSAA! I believe the AD is the same guy who has killed the program at Fairview and no one has said a word! The fact of the matter is you need a good coach and an administration that believes in your vision and you also need the bravura to bring in the talent from your surrounding areas! If the kids don't want to play for your school and coach, then you have a culture problem that can be fixed but it better be with the right coach and admin!

What a load of crap you produced from sore grapes.
If you have a problem with kids wanting success, we see the problem with your program. I am not saying that you cheat and steal to win but if a kids are not happy at your program then it is a YOU problem. Don't get mad at others success if you really don't want that for your kids!
guys lets chill.
SugeAvery Wrote:If you have a problem with kids wanting success, we see the problem with your program. I am not saying that you cheat and steal to win but if a kids are not happy at your program then it is a YOU problem. Don't get mad at others success if you really don't want that for your kids!

The problems with my Alma mater are obvious. This ain't college. You should go to school where you live.
Strikeout King Wrote:guys lets chill.

Im cooler than the other side of the pillow Smile
Rumor has it Hodge is out at Bourbon County... And on that note it’s going to be hard to fill that job knowing the district realignment with Anderson, Boyle and Lex Cath..
That district will be a beast
Cledog30 Wrote:Rumor has it Hodge is out at Bourbon County... And on that note it’s going to be hard to fill that job knowing the district realignment with Anderson, Boyle and Lex Cath..

Heard he was let go this past Friday. Wish him the best. Don't know who would want that job.
64black&gold Wrote:Heard he was let go this past Friday. Wish him the best. Don't know who would want that job.
It’s going to be really tough to find someone to take that job. That like the Green Mile for Bourbon...
Plus the only way they could compete with these 3 schools is if the combined Bourbon and Paris. But it still would make a hard hill to climb..
Cledog30 Wrote:Plus the only way they could compete with these 3 schools is if the combined Bourbon and Paris. But it still would make a hard hill to climb..
What is the enrollment at Bourbon?
PHSForever Wrote:What is the enrollment at Bourbon?

It’s down from the last 2yrs. Almost 3A standards. But you never know with KHSAA. They do what they want. Bout like the NCAA...
Hodge was 55-27 in 7 seasons at Bourbon County, two regional titles. Previous 7 years Bourbon was 22-54. Record wise, best 7 year stretch in history of the school.
Hop Honcho Lives Wrote:Hodge was 55-27 in 7 seasons at Bourbon County, two regional titles. Previous 7 years Bourbon was 22-54. Record wise, best 7 year stretch in history of the school.
This was Hodges worst year. Lack of players and support from the school and parents. The school wanted him out 3 seasons ago. Just didn’t 🍒 to pull the strings.
I think there’s more to Hodge being let go than wins and losses.
BTP Wrote:I think there’s more to Hodge being let go than wins and losses.
True... But if you wanted him out why wait...
Cledog30 Wrote:True... But if you wanted him out why wait...

I was thinking the same thing.
Weinrich @ Highlands should be gone.