Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-2019 15th Region
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Sheldon Clark wasn't very good at all last year and won't be this year

Not really agreeing with your statement or your picks. First of all, Floyd Central will be a top 5 team. They already had a great set of hardworking players, and with the addition of Lauren Preston they will be tough to beat. You have Prestonsburg 13 below Magoffin and Betsy Lane. They haven't quit practicing all year, and they already looked pretty solid during summer ball. There is no way Paintsville should be #6. They lost one of their best players when Chirrico (sp?) graduated. They still have Swoop and Anna Keeton. Kaitlyn Newsome and the Blair girl would have to step up in a big way and unless they have found a big they are down. Sheldon Clark lost a pivotal player with Wefenstette's injury, but they will pull it together and beat teams no one expects them to beat. They are the 57th district runner up having beaten Paintsville last year and they are used to being seen as the underdogs. There is no way Pikeville is 3. They didn't lose one starter last year if I can remember correctly and they are a solid team who plays very well together. You have Shelby Valley 1. They will be a top 5 team no doubt, but their placement has a lot to do with Rowe's recovery from ACL surgery. I agree Johnson Central #2. I don't believe they could beat Pikeville right now, but Rice is a brilliant strategist and will have those girls ready to play any team when post season comes around. So here is my picks for preseason. I could be wrong because on any given day some of these teams could beat the other.

1. Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Floyd Central
4. Shelby Valley
5. Belfry
6. Prestonsburg
7. East Ridge (I don't know much about them)
8. Pike Central
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Paintsville
11. Lawrence County
12. Phelps
13. Betsy Lane
14. Magoffin County
15. Jenkins
16. Piarist
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Sheldon Clark wasn't very good at all last year and won't be this year

Sheldon Clark has 2 major problems this year. (1) they have lost Fallyne Wefenstette with a injury that will keep her out all year, (2) their head coach Tim Rice. He has been ill for several years and he should step aside as coach and do what's best for the girls and team.
Pre-Season Rankings (Outside, Looking In)

1. Johnson central (Until proven different)
2. Pikeville (Good Core of players and size)
3. Shelby Valley (High Basketball IQ and athletic)
(4-6 interchangable)
4. Pike Central (Fast and intense Defense)
5. Floyd Central (aggressive and good addition of Preston)
6. Belfry (Athletic and Strong, plus a good addition of Stanley)
7. Paintsville (Two good guards and several average backup guards; gonna miss Chirco)
8. Prestonsburg (Nice core of guards Keathley, Endicott and Slone; nice addition of young Ariaz girl from BL)
9. Lawrence Co
10. East Ridge
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Magoffin Co
13. Phelps
14. Betsy Layne
15. Jenkins
16. Piarist