Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Whitley County 09/29/17
64SUR Wrote:Keep North Laurel Alive :Cheerlead North posters :Cheerlead

Listen I'm a North guy, but I try to be realistic to. I hope for, and will be pulling for, a win Friday. But based on what the teams have done so far, and based on North's last two games, I am not optimistic. A North win isn't out of the question, they can move the football on the ground, which chews up clock and limits possessions for Whitley's good offense. But they have to put points on the board with those drives, and they have to eliminate so many crucial penalties at critical times, it cost them the Harlan Co. game. I'm afraid I'll go with Whitley 27-14.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:He may run some series on offense in his set, Kidd and Swain majority of the carries. I also agree he will spend more time in backfield on defense than offense. Either way Whitley wins, but they win by more if Kidd gets his touches.😜

both are good young backs. Saylor ain't too bad of a football player for a freshman Smile
Van Hagar Wrote:Listen I'm a North guy, but I try to be realistic to. I hope for, and will be pulling for, a win Friday. But based on what the teams have done so far, and based on North's last two games, I am not optimistic. A North win isn't out of the question, they can move the football on the ground, which chews up clock and limits possessions for Whitley's good offense. But they have to put points on the board with those drives, and they have to eliminate so many crucial penalties at critical times, it cost them the Harlan Co. game. I'm afraid I'll go with Whitley 27-14.

How good is North's pass defense? Will Whitley County have to throw the ball?
Against the team that we played that could throw it pretty well, which was South Laurel, I did not like it at all. Thought was played way too soft against their routes, they had guys open all night. South missed scoring opportunities with turnovers, but they moved it through the air. I don't know if Whitley will have to throw it, but I suspect they will have success if they do.
I have been sick all season, and haven't gotten to see one football game in person!! BUT, I have watched the GOTW and gotten text updates from as many games as I could. From what I took away from last week's game between us and NL, is how many times NL could not convert in the red zone; or how they could move the ball for 1 or 2 plays then sort of implode.

I'm not sure why any of that happened or if that was a fluke game, but if NL has another defensive breakdown, Whitley will make them pay for it.

Good luck to both teams; please play injury free!!
[quote=pjdoug]both are good young backs. Saylor ain't too bad of a football player for freshman

He is a stud, I m not taking anything away from him. He could play for me anytime. He still has to develop a few things other than a power back is all I am saying.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have been sick all season, and haven't gotten to see one football game in person!! BUT, I have watched the GOTW and gotten text updates from as many games as I could. From what I took away from last week's game between us and NL, is how many times NL could not convert in the red zone; or how they could move the ball for 1 or 2 plays then sort of implode.

I'm not sure why any of that happened or if that was a fluke game, but if NL has another defensive breakdown, Whitley will make them pay for it.

Good luck to both teams; please play injury free!!

I'm gonna try not to talk much trash here unless provoked Confusednicker: . I'm not going to guarantee a win, but the Colonels will be a tough out if they come to play. They haven't reached their potential yet, and they are still fine tuning what could become an explosive offense. I also think North Laurel will have to do more than run the ball in this one . I don't expect them to have the success that Rockcastle County had .
pjdoug Wrote:both are good young backs. Saylor ain't too bad of a football player for a freshman Smile

I'd like to see Whitley move another athlete out wide to make them even tougher to defend
pjdoug Wrote:I'd like to see Whitley move another athlete out wide to make them even tougher to defend

Me too.
Whitley
22-0 Jags half
E's Army Wrote:22-0 Jags half

WOW!! I didn't see this coming at all!
North and Whitley have absolutely killed me on my picks this season! I pick them to win, they lose, and vice versa! I didn't see this at all! Maybe at North but not at Whitley.
Same here!!!