Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 24 Raceland 22
Not to bring up that whole discussion, but personally, my biggest gripe was the one and done-ers. Which really only happened in '12. Roy has been there and started since his Frosh year and Washington has been there a several years to, but didnt play football until last season if im not mistaken. From a "key pieces point of view", if Fairview had Kurtlen Brown and the Gobles still on their team, they would be a title contender, no doubt in my mind. Last night they showed how effective their passing game can be and I honestly think that the Eagles that took the field last night, could hang with Paintsville, idk if they'd win, but they would not have been emberassed like they were.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Not to bring up that whole discussion, but personally, my biggest gripe was the one and done-ers. Which really only happened in '12. Roy has been there and started since his Frosh year and Washington has been there a several years to, but didnt play football until last season if im not mistaken. From a "key pieces point of view", if Fairview had Kurtlen Brown and the Gobles still on their team, they would be a title contender, no doubt in my mind. Last night they showed how effective their passing game can be and I honestly think that the Eagles that took the field last night, could hang with Paintsville, idk if they'd win, but they would not have been emberassed like they were.

How many turnovers did Raceland have?

Fairview played lights out against Hazard when I was in attendance but Hazard threw 4 picks and had a fumble in the game so hard to win you turn it over.
bac2369 Wrote:How many turnovers did Raceland have?

Fairview played lights out against Hazard when I was in attendance but Hazard threw 4 picks and had a fumble in the game so hard to win you turn it over.

Raceland didn't have any turnovers except 3 or 4 times Fairview stopped them on 4th down .
Fairview could pull a Paintsville on Psintsville on the rematch.
You could combine Fairview and Raceland and not beat Paintsville.
russellpride Wrote:What's funny is Raceland fans all over recruiting before and Roy, Washington from that era ( believe they still live in kenova) and nobody says anything. It's probably more nobody thought fairview was a threat any longer. Raceland is in trouble with the Russell/Greenup pipeline shut off now. Good luck to both teams

And of course you have an outsider running his mouth! People outside of Raceland and Fairview may not believe it but there is a lot of respect and sportsmanship Between the players, they are kids just trying to win games and enjoy high school sports. The Adults run their mouth and screw everything up, and most from the outside. I am a huge Raceland Fan but the Kids from the wood gave it all Friday and won the game, congrats to them.
that's right Wrote:You could combine Fairview and Raceland and not beat Paintsville.
NOBODY gave Paintsville a chance of beating Pikeville last year and Raceland thought they would be traveling to Pikeville for the Regional Championship Game.
Ended up that the unbeatable got thrashed on their home field and Paintsville came to Raceland for the Regional Game.
I mat be a die hard but if Raceland plays like they did against Lucasville Valley, we win against Paintsville. But if we play like we did in a few other games, we come back up US 23 with our butts in our hands.
You are a die hard but I love the enthusiasm.
Sounds like Raceland layed an egg. I still think they are best team in East and with W vs Paintsville could still be district champs. East side still wide open and Raceland top contender if they beat Paintsville this week.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Sounds like Raceland layed an egg. I still think they are best team in East and with W vs Paintsville could still be district champs. East side still wide open and Raceland top contender if they beat Paintsville this week.

Raceland has the capability to be the best team but have very under achieved. Who besides skill players did they lose?
Center. That was it! Everyone else is back.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Center. That was it! Everyone else is back.

Hey Scotty, we lost Sergeant OL/DL, mostly DL and Bowling OL/DL, and Coffee OL/DL. All 3 of these Linemen logged many minutes, Bowling and Sergeant has some very big tackles at key points in games last year.
We still have very good linemen but we don't have the depth in linemen to be able to let them play one way. They are having to play the entire 48 minutes because we haven't been blowing teams out and putting a running clock on them. Hard on those big guys to stay on the field that much.
I was refering to the offense. Greg and Christian got a majority of their snaps on the defensive side of the ball. In any event, we miss more than Connor Messer. We miss a leader, someone to say WAKE UP and get your crap together. That what this team needs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I was refering to the offense. Greg and Christian got a majority of their snaps on the defensive side of the ball. In any event, we miss more than Connor Messer. We miss a leader, someone to say WAKE UP and get your crap together. That what this team needs.
Agreed, someone needs to step up and lead. And they better get their heads on straight. I know the players were looking past Fairview, I listened to one every evening about 6:30pm after practice. Told him they better not count the W before they earn it. In the end, they're still kids, happens everywhere. I still feel they are going to make a big statement this Friday and pull out the victory in Paintsville.
that's right Wrote:And of course you have an outsider running his mouth! People outside of Raceland and Fairview may not believe it but there is a lot of respect and sportsmanship Between the players, they are kids just trying to win games and enjoy high school sports. The Adults run their mouth and screw everything up, and most from the outside. I am a huge Raceland Fan but the Kids from the wood gave it all Friday and won the game, congrats to them.

I agree totally with you I wasn't trying to be mean simply stating facts. Your statement could have been said for years good work!!