Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer 15 Russell 12 2A State Championship
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What bylaws were not followed? What rules were broken? I am just curious, not disputing your post.

I AM NOT POSITIVE, but im pretty sure it has to do with Rusell being a ligit. 2 A team and Mercer Co. needing to be in the class that they really should be in of 5 or 6 A. KHSAA will probably hear alot about this game in the years to come.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What bylaws were not followed? What rules were broken? I am just curious, not disputing your post.

IMO: Rules no, ethics yes. But hey, they have to go on knowing this. Its just for the fact of getting a championship title.
Im proud of the Red Devils and the way they played in the most part. Wish thier were a few less mistakes on our side and a break for them as well. But hey, you cannot unring a bell. Whats done has been done. Great season Red Devils and Congradulations to the Mercer Co.Titans.
Congrats Mercer
boo--hoo-hoo= cr_ _ // would have --could have--should have. Get over it. If you really want to prevent this from happening again talk to the KHSAA to change the rules. MC Titans played by their rules. " Congrats MC Titans: 2A Champs "
Bottom line is Mercer won the game.

Russell IMO was the better team and should have taken care of all of this controversy by winning a game that they should have.

As for whining. Anyone that says Mercer Co would have won a state champioship without combining the two teams is not being realistic. If some teams feel slighted I don't blame them.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Bottom line. Enough of the merger talk. It is over and done with.

We can talk all about moving on with our lives after this football season, BUT I feel that this season is NOT going to be over for a very long time.. This season will go down in history as a season to remember.........KHSAA allowing something that is against their own bylaws to happen.... Their rules, they made them, they broke them.
No matter what you say, what you request, what is edited, what is removed from this posting board, no matter what anyone will want to say.....2006 season of AA will always be remembered as a tainted season..... NO MATTER WHAT......
I love football and I by no means am I whining.... this is the plain truth....
I may be a moderator on this board and may have to play the middleroad, not take sides, and must keep my ties with Russell under control and not interfer with my duties as a moderator, BUT I can still voice my opinion as memeber of this FREE posting site that is the best in the state..
Go BGR- ..

Well said!!!!
I am sooo proud of this Russell team and especially Kasey and the rest of these seniors. What they have done for Russell football will never be forgot and I've enjoyed watching these kids since they were in JFL. It's been a complete honor to watch them play for the past 10 years and I look forward to watching them in college. Thanx guys!!
I was there at the game rooting for Russell...It was really cold and windy and snowing there lol...but I have to agree to many turnovers for the devils...three INT's I believe....Russell was pounding the ball on the ground Clark and that other guy i cant remember his name he was number 9 he was a really good running back got most of his yards up the middle and they say he is a freshman...is this true? It was Corey Jackson that kept mercer alive because they shut down brandon ford.
#9 for Russell is Aaron Beekman and he is a Senior.
ok thanks he can run the ball well for his size
He sure can! His heart is as big as Greenup Co.
Funny about hearing a class actin lawsuit againhst the KHSAA fort allowing Mercer to play 2A ball,, heard that this was started, not known by which school actually started the law suit but I have heard that it excists......
Now.....
Fumble rule on 4th down killed us.....
stripping the ball after loosing forward progress for 5 yards backwards was a crappy call too.
INT did not help and missing the XP did not help either...
If this game was played 10 times, Russell would win 8 out of 10.....
Not to change the outcome of this game for the KIDS on the Titans team who did not have anything to do with the classification system at KHSAA, but
Russell is still the Eastern State Champions !!!!!!
Mercer never should have been there..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
congrats to Mercer
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Funny about hearing a class actin lawsuit againhst the KHSAA fort allowing Mercer to play 2A ball,, heard that this was started, not known by which school actually started the law suit but I have heard that it excists......
Now.....
Fumble rule on 4th down killed us.....
stripping the ball after loosing forward progress for 5 yards backwards was a crappy call too.
INT did not help and missing the XP did not help either...
If this game was played 10 times, Russell would win 8 out of 10.....
Not to change the outcome of this game for the KIDS on the Titans team who did not have anything to do with the classification system at KHSAA, but
Russell is still the Eastern State Champions !!!!!!
Mercer never should have been there..
If the game was played 10 times, Mercer would win 9. Russell played a great game and Mercer overlooked them IMO. After the first game, the rest would be blowouts because Mercer would not overlook them anymore.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If the game was played 10 times, Mercer would win 9. Russell played a great game and Mercer overlooked them IMO. After the first game, the rest would be blowouts because Mercer would not overlook them anymore.

ping-pong-ping-pong-piii,ooops you are wrong... Not overlooked Russell, got handed their butts to them,,,,, say what you will and I will say what I will but you are wron gin my opinion and thats just my opinion.... Did you even see the game ???
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
kyhotrod36 Wrote:boo--hoo-hoo= cr_ _ // would have --could have--should have. Get over it. If you really want to prevent this from happening again talk to the KHSAA to change the rules. MC Titans played by their rules. " Congrats MC Titans: 2A Champs "
No they didn't. They merged and they had no business in our class. They just wanted to win a state title. They are that desperate that they half to stoop to that level..and i guess it does help when you've got connections with KHSAA huh???Mercer
I just wish everyone would let it go. yes Mercer won but Russell gave the a hell of a game and we will see what Mercer can do next year when they have to play bigger and better teams.
PureRedDevil Wrote:Me and RedDevils54 were talking after the game, and were wondering which school gets to hold the trophy??
Like I said about earlier games, we needed to work on our kicking game, b/c it would catch up to us if we didn't. And it could have made a difference. Also turnovers killed us tonight to. Over all a good game.
I have to say Mercer's pre game sportsman ship was terrible. I'm sorry, they had no respect for Russell's team. Having confidence coming into the game is Key to winning a game. But walking in and having the coach say "Here comes the 2A state Champions" seems a little poor sport to me. And the pre game warms ups, lots of disrespect for everyone on Mercers part.
Congrats Russell, we ARE the best 2A team in the state.
"the REAL 2A state champions"
GREAT post... these words are all the truth Mercer thought that they were the stuff coming into the game because they were now the new and improved Mercer county.. and that they could beat anyone and I loved how they had the 15-0 t-shirts made up... NOT.. and once again
:devilflam The Real Class 2A State Champions:devilflam
The Russell Red Devils
The word CLASS has alot to do with it......
Devilologist-

Why don't you just drop the whole thing. Everyone by now knows what happened, how you feel about it and frankly I'm tired of this thread continuing.

Hey I got an Idea. Lets take a poll. Who wants the thread to end so we can move on?
I do!
Russell played that game like true champions. I sold Russell way short this season.
I knew they were good but I thought their schedule would haunt them, I was way off.
After the shut out of Belfry and the Mercer game, Russell was awesome. It's a lil' decieving because of the mercy they have on people as to how awesome they were.
Russell played the hell out of the 5A,2A team that was untouchable. Hey, I even heard people saying after the game, " Man, Mercer wasn't what I expected" and that's all accredited to the Russell Defense. Clark was the all-around best player on either side. Russell proved to the entire state that Mercer wasn't invincable even though they won it. Hell of an effort by Russell and IMO, They were just as good as Mercer.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:ping-pong-ping-pong-piii,ooops you are wrong... Not overlooked Russell, got handed their butts to them,,,,, say what you will and I will say what I will but you are wron gin my opinion and thats just my opinion.... Did you even see the game ???
I saw the score, and I know that Russell probably is looking for moral victories here, but they did lose the game. EKY teams often do base their success on the amount of physicality they deal out compared to the amount that they endure. As good as Russell played, appearantly, Mercer played just a bit better.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

KIll this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I saw the score, and I know that Russell probably is looking for moral victories here, but they did lose the game. EKY teams often do base their success on the amount of physicality they deal out compared to the amount that they endure. As good as Russell played, appearantly, Mercer played just a bit better.

Actually Mercer played quite a bit better. 5 turnovers and 2 failed XPs is not good. Still Mercer only won by 3. That is not a moral victory.
FBALL Wrote:Actually Mercer played quite a bit better. 5 turnovers and 2 failed XPs is not good. Still Mercer only one by 3. That is not a moral victory.

What's "one by 3"?
The Grammar Police were off duty.
You know everyone always wants to forget everything. Like it never happened, "Whats done is done". attitude. So you all think its okay not to fight for rights and try to excell? I'm not just saying this because I'm from Russell. If any other school from this region had it happen to they would be "up in arms" as well. Those of us who see this would back you up as well. Some of us tend not to forget. Thats how you get better. We learn from our mistakes. If your not making mistakes your not doing anything. We know we can't change this outcome, but it has brought many things to light for the future. IMO, I want our REGION to be better not just Russell. If this happens then the area as a whole has to improve.
TongueoliceLig