Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark New Football Coach
Rumor is every coach they have offered it to has turned it down and now from what I hear they are about to lose their basketball coach
They are getting exactly what the administration wanted. The end of the football program. Sad day and era in Martin County. It will be virtually impossible to be competitive in this situation.
I have heard Hager has taken a job as an assistant coach at Prestonsburg. Any new updates for the SC position?
Sad that such a storied program has fallen so far. Politics are cruel beasts.
every football team in Martin county has a coach except for the high school team.
Sheldon Clark has a new Coach.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Sheldon Clark has a new Coach.

Who is it....?

Nothing is listed on the KHSAA school directory or the KHSAA scoreboard.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Meet and great with the new football coach today at SCHS @6:00pm. Still no name released but the word going around Inez is that his name is Adam Turner from Bell County.
Does anybody know anything about him?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody know anything about him?

Played at Bell County then at Campbellsville University for 4 years. 2nd team all mid south conference in 2002 at RG. I think he has been an assistant at a couple schools including Bell County.
Very good offensive coach that was really wasted at Bell County. He will do a good job at SC.
I've talked with this youngman before and could make a good head coach.. He's a really good talker like his uncle ..
The meet and greet canceled today rescheduled for Monday at 4pm.
Who's his uncle?
A huge congrats to "Boomer"!

Coach Turner played at Bell County and Campbellsville University & had really nice careers at both. He was an assistant coach at Marion County back in '08 and '09 under the late (and, very good coach in his own right) Jeff Robbins. He then landed at Anderson County where he coached under Mark Peach (whom he also played two years for at Campbellsville University), before taking an opportunity to go back home this past year and coach at his alma mater, Bell County, under Wayne Mills.

Sheldon Clark is getting a man who has had the opportunity to play and/or coach under some of the most respected names in our state.

-Played for Dudley Hilton
-Played and coached under Mark Peach (a man who has taken 3 different teams to at least a State Semi Final)
-Coached under Jeff Robbins who took Marion County to their only State Semi
-Coached under Wayne Mills

I'm a big believer in, "Who have you learned from?" Well, he's learned from some dang good ones. This won't be an overnight fix. He is replacing a very good and proven coach in Shawn Hager. Here is hoping that Coach Turner gets dealt a better hand than what has gone on up there the last couple years.

Go Cards.
I haven't had the chance to meet coach turner or talk to him hopefully I can't this evening. But from the sound of it were getting a pretty good coach.
Good luck to Coach Turner. He is taking a tremendous risk with this move. He will have his work cut out for him.
No doubt it is.

But, from a personal standpoint....I don't think he is out anything if things don't pan out. Everybody knows the current situations in Martin County across the board. Shawn Hager, a proven winner, had things crash and burn right under his very successful watch; much of which was out of his control & had zero reflection of his abilities as a coach.

IMO, this is almost a 'nothing to lose & everything to gain' opportunity across the board for all involved.