Poll: Top Basketball Rivalry
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central - Paintsville
0%
Allen Central - South Floyd
0%
East Ridge - Shelby Valley
0%
Phelps - Belfry
0%
Other
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Rivalry in the 15th Region?
I don't think you can beat the JC Paintsville rivalry but the Pikeville Pike Central games are always a battle as well. I usually try to attend both of these games each year because you can always count on seeing good basketball.
Valley and East Ridge. I think Valley and Pikeville is going to get better but Valley will still win them all.
Johnson Central and Paintsville is deffenitly the biggest rivalry in the 15th region... and if you dont think so all i gotta say is ESPN!!!
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:and if you dont think so all i gotta say is ESPN!!!

What does that mean?

But yeah I agree it's the biggest/best rivalry in the 15th Region by far. Can't wait for this seasons game.
Disco Stu Wrote:What does that mean?

But yeah I agree it's the biggest/best rivalry in the 15th Region by far. Can't wait for this seasons game.

they are talking about when the 15th region was on ESPN
It's no doubt Paintsville and Johnson Central.
Just curious, what's the record of these two teams when they play each other?

My 2nd choice would be a new emerging rivalry, since both schools are fairly new.....Shelby Valley and East Ridge. On the other site these two school's fans used to go at it hard and heavy:argue: :ChairHit: lol. They even gave each other nicknames: Valley Dwellers and Ridge Runners. It was some entetaining stuff to read. I guess it will be the same way on BGR.
i think some other rivals that are less heated but still good ones are JC/SCHS, JC/MCHS, Paintsville/MCHS and Paintsville/SCHS... but I would say soon there will be the rival between JC/LC and Pville/LC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
After the 59th district broke up some of the best rivalries in the state of KY were broken up pretty much i HATE IT
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:they are talking about when the 15th region was on ESPN

Thanks for clarifying for me on that one. It was the coolest thing in the world when they covered the Tigers and Johnson Central game, there was like a 20 minute segmant over those two teams and there rivalry, and if that isnt enough proof to show everyone that is the biggest rivalry in the region, then you all need to turn on the tv and realize how many High School teams get air time on ESPN!!!
Not a question JC vs. Paintsville, if you think different you haven't been to a JC Paintsville game. Hopefully it will be a better game than the last two.
1.JC and Paintsville
2.South Floyd and AC,BL,Prestonsburg

JC and Paintsville hate each other but South Floyd has so many. I have read some of the post and it sound like everybody is there rival.
The MAN Wrote:1.JC and Paintsville
2.South Floyd and AC,BL,Prestonsburg

JC and Paintsville hate each other but South Floyd has so many. I have read some of the post and it sound like everybody is there rival.
Realistically AC-SF are the biggest in 58th. The whole Left Beaver Vs Right Beaver thing and just the rivalry all together is just much bigger than the other Floyd County schools, from a player and a fan standpoint.
Paintsville and central no doubt, itll be a good game but ive got the tigers comin out on top
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The Paintsville/Johnson Central rivalry has always been a fierce inter-city game. But only recently has it developed into a "big time " rivalry. Paintsville has always been a 15th Region power, but Johnson Central just recently began to establish itself as a force in the region. This is probably the biggest rivalry match-up by far in the region.
Allen Central/South Floyd, or "Battle of the Beavers" as it is known by most people, was arguably the biggest rivalry in the region a few years ago. The 1999 Regional Championship game heightened this rivalry even more. However, over the past few years, both teams have kind of "declined" and the rivalry has kind of gone somewhat "downhill." But the game still attracts tons of fans and provides loads of excitement.
Sonny, you aint got the first clue as to what you are talking about. You are right on just about "zero" of what you just posted.

This has been a big time rivalry game ever since Johnson Central was formed in 1969. In 1970 they were ranked #3 in the state, and in 1975 were ranked #7. Johnson Central was always the basketball power between the two, until about '85 or '86, and except through most of the 90's, Johnson Central always dominated Paintsville. Prior to the mid to late 80's Paintsville's success was only very modest. They were not even a district power, let alone a regional power.
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:Johnson Central and Paintsville is deffenitly the biggest rivalry in the 15th region... and if you dont think so all i gotta say is ESPN!!!

And then I gotta say Valley and East Ridge. Also, made it on espn. But back then it was Valley and Millard. Any one rember. Those Millard people are still hating on us and then it goes back to east ridge. Alot of panks and such has been pulled to heat this up.

Some of my favorite things I have seen done have been-
The "Why would you wanna be down in the Valley when you could be high on the Ridge." or My fav- "Shelby Valley- A poor man's Pikeville." Gotta give you warrior fans some credit on those.
P burg/Betsy Layne
I like the Prestonsburg and Paintsville rivalry 2!
PVILLE/JC..

Across town from each other. Have to be the most heated Rival around. Maybe in Eastern Kentucky.