Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Rivalry in the 15th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson Central - Paintsville
Allen Central - South Floyd
Shelby Valley - East Ridge
Phelps - Belfry
Other.........????

Who do you think and Why?
I'll take JC and paintsville. I see a good one building with Paintsville and SV though.
Prestonsburg and South Floyd are a stronger one than AC and SF
Paintsville and Johnson Central is #1 no doubt.
Shelby Valley/East Ridge has became a bitter rivalry.
Pikeville/Pike Central is always interesting.
South Floyd/Allen Central

Those are my top 4.
alfus21 Wrote:Paintsville and Johnson Central is #1 no doubt.
Shelby Valley/East Ridge has became a bitter rivalry.
Pikeville/Pike Central is always interesting.
South Floyd/Allen Central

Those are my top 4.
That looks pretty good, I forgot about Pikeville and Pike Central.
Alfus, I have to agree with you on that last post. Paintsville and JC is without a doubt the biggest. Pikeville and Pike Central last year was a crazy atmosphere.
Belfy/Pike Central
Pikeville/PC
Pikeville/SV
These 2 are always heated
Paintsville/JC maybe even more heated.
JC and Paintsville
I would say Shelby Valley and East Ridge
I have to go with JC/Paintsville.
I'm going to have to go with East Ridge/Shelby Valley. They are def. overall when you calculate in softball and baseball.
yea they compete heavy at everything
There is no way there is a bigger rivalry in this region than Paintsville/JC.
Paintsville and JC
Basketballer Wrote:Prestonsburg and South Floyd are a stronger one than AC and SF

Betsy Layne and South Floyd is a better one than both AC & SF and Pburg & SF.
Of the choices, you have to go with JC and Paintsville. And even among all teams, I would still say JC and Paintsville. BUT there are many other good rivalries out there that are better than some of the other choices on the poll..

P-burg/South Floyd
Shelby Valley/East Ridge
Pikeville/PCC
Paintsville/Magoffin Co.
and even Paintsville/Shelby Valley sure isn't just another game when they play.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Betsy Layne and South Floyd is a better one than both AC & SF and Pburg & SF.
AC - SF hasn't been as heated in the last few years since AC has struggled to win, but when they meet in the regional championship in 01' and the years after,there wasn't a more heated rivalry than those two.

I agree EKY Sportster, the SV - Paintsville rivalry has attracted huge followings. in the 01-02 and 02-03' seasons there wasn't a better game/rivalry anywhere.
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central is the best!
Paintsville and JC by far

but when Pike Central and Pikeville were both in the 59th that one was by far the most heated games ever they were anticipated by the whole region and both schools absolutley HATE one another...much like the Paintsville JC rivalry now
Boomer86 Wrote:I would say Shelby Valley and East Ridge
I agree
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Paintsville vs. Johnson Central is the best!

Yea, by far the biggest rivalry in the 15th.
Although, when I did play our bigest rivalry was against Magoffin County. Those games were flat out battles!!!
Paintsville/Johnson Central...
Pikeville/Valley..
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Although, when I did play our bigest rivalry was against Magoffin County. Those games were flat out battles!!!
I remember seeing some of those games they had a 6'10 Center also, Howard I believe. Man you was a much better player obviousley, but I remember you guys used to battle like crazy on the inside. You are right about that rivalry, they had a scrappy little team. I the the big kid, Howard played at Milligan,Tennesse in college. Always a fun matchup to watch.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Although, when I did play our bigest rivalry was against Magoffin County. Those games were flat out battles!!!

IMO it is still a fairly big rivalry! But not as big as JC and Paintsville of course.
The Paintsville/Johnson Central rivalry has always been a fierce inter-city game. But only recently has it developed into a "big time " rivalry. Paintsville has always been a 15th Region power, but Johnson Central just recently began to establish itself as a force in the region. This is probably the biggest rivalry match-up by far in the region.
Allen Central/South Floyd, or "Battle of the Beavers" as it is known by most people, was arguably the biggest rivalry in the region a few years ago. The 1999 Regional Championship game heightened this rivalry even more. However, over the past few years, both teams have kind of "declined" and the rivalry has kind of gone somewhat "downhill." But the game still attracts tons of fans and provides loads of excitement.
Have never been to games like when Paintsville and JC hook up. Those are intense. Other rivalries in the region (and I been to a lot of the other ones people have named) just don't measure up. Whew!!! Looking forward to seeing them battle again this yr.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The Paintsville/Johnson Central rivalry has always been a fierce inter-city game. But only recently has it developed into a "big time " rivalry. Paintsville has always been a 15th Region power, but Johnson Central just recently began to establish itself as a force in the region. This is probably the biggest rivalry match-up by far in the region.
Allen Central/South Floyd, or "Battle of the Beavers" as it is known by most people, was arguably the biggest rivalry in the region a few years ago. The 1999 Regional Championship game heightened this rivalry even more. However, over the past few years, both teams have kind of "declined" and the rivalry has kind of gone somewhat "downhill." But the game still attracts tons of fans and provides loads of excitement.
It was 2001 when they played in the title game at Shelby Valley I think.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The Paintsville/Johnson Central rivalry has always been a fierce inter-city game. But only recently has it developed into a "big time " rivalry. Paintsville has always been a 15th Region power, but Johnson Central just recently began to establish itself as a force in the region. This is probably the biggest rivalry match-up by far in the region.

Even when Paintsville use to dominate JC the game was still very intense. Just like the football game, all of Johnson County came out to watch these two hook up, crowds so loud you couldn't think.

The region championship you are talking about was 2001, Pikeville won the region in 1999 and Johnson Central in 2000.
Pages: 1 2