Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield 1a @ #3 Murray 2a 09-12-14
mysonis55 Wrote:Please share some of that Whitley Co football knowledge and let us know why this is so crazy. You got a team with a huge line, a very athletic qb and a rb that is on a record pace. They also made it to the semis last year and have been in the quarter finals or semi finals in many years in a row. So please, tell us almighty Whitley Co Super Analizer, why not?

I can't do that because I don't know what an Analizer is.:truestory:
That's not appropriate for this site!!!
Analyzer.
One thing that is amazing to me is how players that seem average over at Graves all of a sudden become super stars at Mayfield. Stuart Mills comes to mind, the kid didn't have amazing size, but he made up for it in heart and just made the plays. Jordan Tyler went over to Graves last year and it hurt to lose him but he didn't amount to much of anything over there, and all us Mayfield fans knew he was an amazing athlete, now look at him back over at Mayfield. I have to attribute that to coaching.
gobigredMHS Wrote:One thing that is amazing to me is how players that seem average over at Graves all of a sudden become super stars at Mayfield. Stuart Mills comes to mind, the kid didn't have amazing size, but he made up for it in heart and just made the plays. Jordan Tyler went over to Graves last year and it hurt to lose him but he didn't amount to much of anything over there, and all us Mayfield fans knew he was an amazing athlete, now look at him back over at Mayfield. I have to attribute that to coaching.
It is amazing how good a kid can be if used the right way and put into the right situation. Tyler is a great example. Mayfield has the coaches to put players in a good fit.
Politics always plays a part in everything you do but seems to affect football more at Graves than Mayfield.
Just my observation/opinion.
:pondering:
I have very close ties to both programs and I have for many years now. That is a big problem at Graves. The parents like to control the program. That is in baseball, basketball and football. I can recall back in the 90's they had a great baseball program and were almost always regional champs or in the running. Certain parents ran off Joey Wilson, Sonny Gibson and most of their staff. They haven't won the region since. This is the same place that the parents run off Jack Haskins after just one season. He then goes to winless Lone Oak and the rest is history. How many times has this kind of stuff got to happen until they figure out that this doesn't work?
There is much truth to what you just typed mysonis55.
If they could stay out of their own way, they could accomplish some good things.
Was a Mayfield starter suspended for the week?
There is one out for this week. There is another that injured his knee. He will be out as well. Unknown for sure how long the two will be out.
I wish game day would just get here already.
My prediction Mayfield 35-7 over Murray.

My lawyers have asked me to include the following:

Forward-Looking Statements
Statements contained in this post that state the intentions, plans, hopes, beliefs, anticipations, expectations or predictions of the future of the Mayfield football team and its coaches are considered forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements of anticipated changes in the football environment in which Mayfield operates and in Mayfield’s future operating in particular as it regards the ability of teenage boys to stay focused. There is no assurance that the boys focus will be as projected, and it is important to note that actual scores could differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this post should be evaluated together with other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in such forward-looking statements.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Was a Mayfield starter suspended for the week?

Couldnt get the information you wanted over on pricks huh? I guess you figured you could jump over here and get your information from this trash site as you called it.
I saw that reference too. He went to that other site and referred to this one as the trash site. I wasn't gonna mention that but you took care of it for me.
Anyone read the forward looking statement portion of my post? I thought it was comedic gold. No? Tough crowd. Maybe it wasn't trashy enough for this site. Never mind. I don't really have anything to say just trying to bring a little levity and get my post count past the moderator level.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Couldnt get the information you wanted over on pricks huh? I guess you figured you could jump over here and get your information from this trash site as you called it.

mysonis55 Wrote:I saw that reference too. He went to that other site and referred to this one as the trash site. I wasn't gonna mention that but you took care of it for me.

Why did you think he was talking about this site?
I was looking at another site, that shall remain nameless, for info. Low and behold there is a quote from home on that site in a thread on this topic. The quote was something along the lines of how it was amazing that there was nothing on the trash site about this. It was right around the same time and day that he came on here fishing for info on the same topic. I take it as a slight.
I honestly thought he was talking about Topix.
Well, I hope you are correct.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I hope you are correct.

Well you know better than that!:igiveup:
Do you know where the Brimer boys were tonight? I didn't see them at the defense dinner.
mysonis55 Wrote:Do you know where the Brimer boys were tonight? I didn't see them at the defense dinner.

they were playing for the Steelers in the Thursday night football game on TV last night Confusednicker:
No, the Steelers lost.
mysonis55 Wrote:Do you know where the Brimer boys were tonight? I didn't see them at the defense dinner.

Elijah had to work and Micah didn't say anything to me about the dinner. We had a family dinner at Catfish Corner.
Just wondering. There weren't a whole lot there. I figure several were working.