Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach French Looking to Leave Boyle County?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I know I've made the statement that it was time for a change at Boyle, but now that it may become reality it's a scary propisistion to think of what might be if Boyle doesn't make the right hire if French does leave.

I agree. Not just anyone can coach at Boyle and be successful. It is not just about being a hard worker or a gifted coach. There are a lot of intangibles involved just as there are in any top of the line program.
If he does leave its a shame that he didn't do it sooner because I think Boyle could have got Chuck Smith back.
I don't think Boyle could have gotten Coach Smith back with the current administration! They have made several cuts to the football program over the last couple of years that Coach Smith would not have stood for! But I agree with Jack it is very scary for Boyle fans hope we don't revert back to the pre Chuck Smith days!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:If he does leave its a shame that he didn't do it sooner because I think Boyle could have got Chuck Smith back.

Given the 2 options, I am not certain that Chuck would have chosen Boyle over Central. Starting fresh with a new task is very refreshing for some coaches. He already did it at Boyle. Time to move on.:flush:
How locked in is he at Central? I've seen coaches take jobs and jump ship shortly after. Be hard for him to not go back to where he is king I would think.
Coach French hasn't accepted the job yet!! Just sayin!
Rebel diehard Wrote:Coach French hasn't accepted the job yet!! Just sayin!

Officially:Thumbs:
Rebel diehard Wrote:I don't think Boyle could have gotten Coach Smith back with the current administration! They have made several cuts to the football program over the last couple of years that Coach Smith would not have stood for! But I agree with Jack it is very scary for Boyle fans hope we don't revert back to the pre Chuck Smith days!!

I don't think that is going to happen... Chances are, they are moving into 3A. They will probably still have to contend with LexCath, but, extrapolating any districts this might be in, I doubt there will be much competition outside of that. As far as Statewide -- there will obviously be LexCath, Belfry, and Central, but there is definitely no Highlands.
I don't know what to believe on this? Everyone I've talked to says Larry is not going anywhere and will be at Boyle next year.
I was at the bus garage this afternoon, and a couple of the employees were talking about Hodge coming back to Boyle I guess we'll find out whenever SW announces Monday.
I'm with Jack It would have been nice to get Coach Smith back. However Boyle counties current administration would not have been able to meet his demands. Coach Smith would have owned Boyle county and that probably would not have set real well with administrator. I know he (Coach Smith) ran the school when I played and got anything he wanted.
If they don't go after Smith (or can't meet his demands) is Hodge the automatic choice or will Mason, Hester, etc. have a chance at being the head coach?
I made a call earlier and was told that if French leaves that they will probably contact Smith about the job and if not Smith then Hodge as of now that's what I'm hearing, but who knows. the only coach on the staff that I think that would be offered would be Hester but I don't think Jeff would want the head coaching job.in closing I don't see Smith coming back to Boyle after taking the job at MC.
I still do not believe Larry is going anywhere but I could be wrong. If he does leave the job will be Hesters to turn down.
64black&gold Wrote:I still do not believe Larry is going anywhere but I could be wrong. If he does leave the job will be Hesters to turn down.

Which I would bet a lot on him doing. I don't think that, at this stage in his career, that Hester is looking to be an HC. There is nothing wrong with being a GREAT high school coordinator. Which he is, and has been, since he was a young man at Garrard w/Perry.