Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 2014
If. Pulaski stays healthy they should be competing for the title again, losing Aaron Smith will hurt but they are loaded with young talent. Everyone thought they were a year a way last year, so they are ahead of schedule. The Damien Harris led Madison Southern team is the only one I think maybe can hang, but the Maroons beat them twice last year, but when you got a player as special as D Harris you can't overlook them, which Pulaski won't ...I think the Maroons are poised to win the title next year...
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Cox is a beast no argument here. And PC is loaded with athletes but no matter where Jordan goes he will push people and In my opinion that is what makes teams and players better. The appeal to PC is Jordan went to school there when we first moved here and has maintained relationships with some of the kids. But honestly me and my wife have no idea where Jordan will go.

Ok.... Let's get back to this being a PC thread. The Maroons were explosive in 2013. Will the Oline and Dline be as strong in 2014 to go along with the offensive skill?
The only question I have is how can you just pick the school you want to attend? Do you not need a true change of address,?
You do. Just move. Some people think that is such a big thing. I know those that have moved 10 times. Not a big deal to some.
PRIDE101 Wrote:You do. Just move. Some people think that is such a big thing. I know those that have moved 10 times. Not a big deal to some.
Must be renting then with the housing market the way it is lol!
I hate to be a debbie downer but I have to ask why is this Doane kid leaving Somerset? Why is dad on here talking about it? Why is it the kids choice? And why are they openly talking about moving for athletic purposes which is a violation?
I have not seen one post where he said he was moving for Athletic purpose.
With the fact that it is still up in the air where he is going what other reason is there? The KHSAA is going to want to know.
I live less than a mile from PC and unless we move that will be where Jordan goes. If I decide to move it will be a legit change of address. As of right now I don't plan on moving and do not plan on paying tuition for Jordan to continue at Somerset. I'm not worried about the khsaa at all. I don't plan on falsifying any information and my address is 55 inner bank drive sst ky just incase any one wants to let the khsaa know. Lol
Just to clarify. If Jordan played any Varsity football at Somerset high then that is his home school as far as KHSAA is concerned and if you don't move you won't be eligible at PC.
His mother moved and we have shared custody which makes it totally legit. It was her address we used not mine.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Just to clarify. If Jordan played any Varsity football at Somerset high then that is his home school as far as KHSAA is concerned and if you don't move you won't be eligible at PC.

I saw both Somerset-Middlesboro games this year but don't think the Doane kid played that much in either. I don't remember him, anyway.

Only saw Pulaski play in the finals against BG, but they were very young and should be really good in the near future. If Doane is as good as advertised and does transfer to Pulaski, the Maroons will be state champs for AT LEAST the next two years, no question.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I saw both Somerset-Middlesboro games this year but don't think the Doane kid played that much in either. I don't remember him, anyway.

Only saw Pulaski play in the finals against BG, but they were very young and should be really good in the near future. If Doane is as good as advertised and does transfer to Pulaski, the Maroons will be state champs for AT LEAST the next two years, no question.

There are a handful of teams in the western bracket that you are dismissing. Also you are putting unnecessary pressure on PC. They have a really nice nucleus returning. They will have to have some players step up especially linemen. Last but not least Graves county got beat by BG in the playoffs by fewer points than PC and they have more coming back than PC does.
Not dismissing anyone in the west, I just think the Maroons have more upside. Do you realize they started FIVE freshmen in the state championship game? And even more sophmores? So basically, Pulaski's JV team was ahead of Bowling Green 14-0 in the second quarter.

I respect the other teams, but Pulaski has now been to the finals, so they know what it takes to get back there. If they aren't the favorites to win 5A for at least the next two years, I don't know who is. And surely they can overcome the "unnecessary pressure" of some nobody like me saying that they should win it all.

Now, if the next realignment brings Highlands, LexCath or Boyle County into 5A, I might change my prediction for 2015, but for now I think its rock solid.
Graves county has MORE coming back than PC. John Hardin, Warren Central, and Christian County will be more talented top to bottom. BG coach Wallace has won over 80% of his games and will probably figure something out. You did in fact dismiss when you said "will be state champs for AT LEAST the next two years, no question." Being the hunted is different than being the hunter, good luck.
Bowling Green graduated 28 players this year, but they graduated 30 players last year. Next years senior class wasn't as talented as this years, but they will still be pretty good. Warren Central only had 6 seniors this year. Graves County will be loaded, as Iam4thecats said. John Hardin will be tough as always. Just because Pulaski County made it to the finals with a young team, doesn't mean they will roll into town and stomp whoever they play next year. If they take what they learned and make some changes, they have a good shot at winning. Apparently, most fans didn't learn much. Pulaski County needs to have more depth or they may find theirselves tired in the 4th quarter playing against a fresh team. I know this won't go over very well, but there is at least 4 teams out west that have a realistic shot at beating Pulaski County. PC has a great coach and I think he saw what needs to be done. I like their chances.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green graduated 28 players this year, but they graduated 30 players last year. Next years senior class wasn't as talented as this years, but they will still be pretty good. Warren Central only had 6 seniors this year. Graves County will be loaded, as Iam4thecats said. John Hardin will be tough as always. Just because Pulaski County made it to the finals with a young team, doesn't mean they will roll into town and stomp whoever they play next year. If they take what they learned and make some changes, they have a good shot at winning. Apparently, most fans didn't learn much. Pulaski County needs to have more depth or they may find theirselves tired in the 4th quarter playing against a fresh team. I know this won't go over very well, but there is at least 4 teams out west that have a realistic shot at beating Pulaski County. PC has a great coach and I think he saw what needs to be done. I like their chances.

That's good to hear. I hope Pulaski dismantles BG.
Jordan will go to PC. He will be enrolled in PC after Christmas break and it's 100% by the rules!!! See you in BowlingGreen Iam4thecats!!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:That's good to hear. I hope Pulaski dismantles BG.

Bowling Green is just one of those four schools. I am not like you, O great one. I can't proclaim Bowling Green the king of everything football, knowing what I know about next years team. I feel we were the best team in the state and our record and stats (facts to you) back me up on that. It's not an easy task to win 44 games in a row. I know you wouldn't know anything about that, but it's tough. I don't honestly think we will break Trinity's record of 50 games in a row, because we play St.X, Owensboro, and McCallie Tn. the first four games. We need four to move into 2nd place all time and break Boyle County's record of 47 games in a row. It we were to be lucky enough to win those first four games, I like our chances of beating Trinity's record. St. X and McCallie are at Bowling Green High, so at least we have a shot. Not a great shot, but a shot, just the same.
^
Wides heart is broken. Weve told him all year BG was far and away the best team in the state, and after the "private school" goofs got beat out (btw, where is all those posters that were saying they would win?) and since HHS lost, its impossible for him to deny it.

Give him time. One day HHS may get back up to BG standards but its very unlikely.
Huge expectations. I hope they can live up to them.
MERRY CHRISTMAS PULASKI COUNTY FROM 64SUR. :truestory:
thunder lips Wrote:we hear the harlan co stuff every year. Until they learn the forward pass and how to defend the forward pass, they will never be a player outside of the mountains.

bg 49- pc 14.