Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 2014
PC returning nearly all starters of a state runner up team, how does 2014 look?
Most important thing for Pulaski is to get healthy. The Maroons lost several key players during the season. Hopefully Mason Helton comes back bigger, stronger and faster from the ACL tear. If PC gets all the players back to full strength, look out! That will give them the depth to go along with the talent this team has. Stay focused, work hard and even better things will happen for the Maroons in 2014.
Injuries plagued us the whole year, too...especially the time period between Bell & Madison Southern games. I know that every team has to contend with injuries, but sometimes it just seems to hit at the worst possible time!
Pulaski is loaded and could get more LOADED if Rumors I'm hearing are true!

Now that they've been there and see what it takes it's up to the coaches to make the necessary changes to compete at the highest level, like Collins has done the last couple of years.
Pulaski will contend for another region title if they can get past Harlan Co. I felt Harlan Co. was a better team than they showed against Madison Southern. They wont let that happen again.
I look for P.C. to be back at state next year with even more fire power than this year! With Helton back healthy they will def be a handfull!!!!!
Should we read between the lines? Don't tease them BD.
PC over MS for region again...
Not at all. No just stating I think Helton is one of the best players I've seen at his age and I think he would've helped the team tremendously against BG. I also think they have some Freshman that will improve and contribute next season also. Pulaski is loaded without Jordan.
Sounds like 2014 will be another big year for PC.
Yeah that's what PC needs a small running back with Daddy issues. How many yards did he have against PC and stopping the run was not our strength. I sure he will transfer after next year somewhere else.
How many starting linemen will they lose? They run an odd front with 3 down and 5 OL. Who returns?
Football1 Wrote:Sounds like 2014 will be another big year for PC.

kyfun Wrote:Yeah that's what PC needs a small running back with Daddy issues. How many yards did he have against PC and stopping the run was not our strength. I sure he will transfer after next year somewhere else.

Have not made any decisions on where Jordan will go. If it is PC and he is so bad than no need to worry. But if you just have an issue with me or my son please pm me and don't bash my son on here. No excuses he did not perform well against PC.
Didn't mean to put your post in there football1
Iam4thecats Wrote:How many starting linemen will they lose? They run an odd front with 3 down and 5 OL. Who returns?
PC loses a total of 3 linemen. Mobley, Roskind & Willoughby. Those will be some big shoes to fill. The Maroons do have some monster-sized linemen on the way from the middle school. Not sure how much they will help as freshmen, but the size should help.
kyfun Wrote:Yeah that's what PC needs a small running back with Daddy issues. How many yards did he have against PC and stopping the run was not our strength. I sure he will transfer after next year somewhere else.

Grow up man. A comment like that would get you popped in the mouth any place other than a message board.

Also, to PC's credit, they're run defense was very good for the first part of the season. Not to mention, they did a better job than most other teams against a future Michigan Wolverine in Damien Harris.
Pulaski only loses one offensive starting lineman.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Grow up man. A comment like that would get you popped in the mouth any place other than a message board.

Also, to PC's credit, they're run defense was very good for the first part of the season. Not to mention, they did a better job than most other teams against a future Michigan Wolverine in Damien Harris.

I don't know why people think they can get on here and talk about a Kid. Wow!!! Doan is very good, he can play for anyone. Coach Hines would be pleased to have him. Good Luck to whatever they chose to do !!!!
:please:
Woody Hayes Wrote:Pulaski will contend for another region title if they can get past Harlan Co. I felt Harlan Co. was a better team than they showed against Madison Southern. They wont let that happen again.
We hear the Harlan Co stuff every year. Until they learn the forward pass and how to defend the forward pass, they will never be a player outside of the mountains.

I know of a ton of schools that would love to have him. Including us.
Considering Jordan was freshmen being forced into a starting role due to injuries I think he did a hell of a job. PC being his first HS game he was shook as any freshman would be . By no means am I making excuses for his play during that game but he did step up after avg 100+ yrds a game until his injury. Also, I would have to agree with the statement that you need to be popped in the mouth for downing a kid on a post, another senseless comment like that it just might happen.
why is doan leaving somerset?
sorry for my post. It was just a moment of stupidly.
PC in bowling green again next year
I found Pulaski to be very impressive. I really loved their offensive scheme.

It would take a fool to suggest Doan from Somerset wouldn't be a huge addition to the Maroons.
Send Doan to Whitley.
Cant guarantee we will have a coach yet, but we cant get any worse...
^ Forget that. Send Doan to Belfry! He will love the flex bone!

Wink
Keep Jordan where he's at Smile
PaytoPlay Wrote:I found Pulaski to be very impressive. I really loved their offensive scheme.

It would take a fool to suggest Doan from Somerset wouldn't be a huge addition to the Maroons.

He would be a nice addition for 2015 and 2016 but to think he will be a better back than Cox will be next year is foolish also. Barring injury PC is very solid at the running back position for the next 3 years with Cox, Whitaker, and Conwell.
jim rome Wrote:He would be a nice addition for 2015 and 2016 but to think he will be a better back than Cox will be next year is foolish also. Barring injury PC is very solid at the running back position for the next 3 years with Cox, Whitaker, and Conwell.

Cox is a beast no argument here. And PC is loaded with athletes but no matter where Jordan goes he will push people and In my opinion that is what makes teams and players better. The appeal to PC is Jordan went to school there when we first moved here and has maintained relationships with some of the kids. But honestly me and my wife have no idea where Jordan will go.

Ok.... Let's get back to this being a PC thread. The Maroons were explosive in 2013. Will the Oline and Dline be as strong in 2014 to go along with the offensive skill?