Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOST UN-HOSPITABLE SCHOOLS FOR AWAY GAME...
Also Last year at fairland ohio the cops assaulted one of our fans..broke three ribs and busted his nose. The fans were cussing our players and throwing stuff.
LOST_ARTIFACT Wrote:Also Last year at fairland ohio the cops assaulted one of our fans..broke three ribs and busted his nose. The fans were cussing our players and throwing stuff.

:fight:Sounds like a rowdy bunch there LASmileSmile
historically i would say belfry, sheldon clark is terrible also
Cumberland (back when they could really play) was a wild place to play, mud on the sidelines about 8 inches deep, even if it hadn't rained in two weeks! Seemed like about 500 rowdy Indian fans behind our sideline (about 3 feet away) behind a 2 ft. fence maybe intoxicated, cussing, yelling, etc. only safe place was on the field.
pcbear17 Wrote:belfrys locker room was blistering hot, and the fans cuss at you from the fence, and throw stuff at you the whole game, but cawood gave us a little dungeon to change in that had moss growing on the floor with dirt in some places, and mildew on the walls, with no heat.

in belfry's defense, i have to speak up... ill give you the quote about the hot locker rooms, although im sure thats not a problem any more. but as far as the fans go.... ive been attending belfry football games since the early 80's and have never witnessed what you described... the majority of pirate fans would not stand for mis-behavior of any kind.
Magoffin county was the worst for me, Irontons are very nice with the exception of being under the home grandstand, so much candy thrown at you you would swear you were at a parade!
No one mentioned Williamsburg ??? They are talented in this aspect in many sports.
Sugar Bear Wrote:historically i would say belfry, sheldon clark is terrible also
i have to diagree they are both hard places to play at but i have never witnessed anythin that is unhospitable at these 2 schools
Elm street Wrote:Magoffin county was the worst for me, Irontons are very nice with the exception of being under the home grandstand, so much candy thrown at you you would swear you were at a parade!

:lol:
piratefan4ever Wrote:in belfry's defense, i have to speak up... ill give you the quote about the hot locker rooms, although im sure thats not a problem any more. but as far as the fans go.... ive been attending belfry football games since the early 80's and have never witnessed what you described... the majority of pirate fans would not stand for mis-behavior of any kind.

I do believe this is at the old field BP. As bad as I hate to admit it, I did witness some things being thrown by a couple of "bad apples" from the back of the student section onto the field during a couple of big games last year (P-burg, Pikeville). The security guard was called over and removed them. I know that they would announce that no one was allowed to stand next to the fence behind the team, but people did.

All I hope is that a few bad apples don't spoil the bunch. 98% of all Belfry fans hope that everyone has a pleasant experience at CAM Stadium and that they find us to be very down home, easy going, hospitable fans. I hope that everyone remembers that there are a few in every group.
Yes i agree with you Pirate Pale. All schools have a couple of bad appels.But they dont speak for the rest of the fans.
If anyone played at old Wheelright field AKA The Pit you know you could stand on the 25 yd line and if your player was in the back of the end zone on the left side you could only see his helmet. What a field!! Not to mention the one lane wooden bridge that was your only way in and out of the field. When we played there we put helmets on 2 miles before arriving and didnt take them off untill 2miles back out of there. Great fans throwing rocks and bottles.
i agree with u ice man a few bad apples shouldnt be counted for a whole school but those bad apples dont fall far from the tree. i personaly had a bad experince with belfry this year in a freshman game. this woman sit thru the whole game and bad mouthed the fans,refs,the kids on the feild it was just uncalled for.
xsharpxshooterx67x Wrote:i agree with u ice man a few bad apples shouldnt be counted for a whole school but those bad apples dont fall far from the tree. i personaly had a bad experince with belfry this year in a freshman game. this woman sit thru the whole game and bad mouthed the fans,refs,the kids on the feild it was just uncalled for.

Like I said..that's one person out of 1000's.
You guys know Brackett Field wasn't that bad:big grin: ..... I loved all of my years playing there, It was just something about it.....

Plus what years I played there I don't think anyone did that to the visitors.....

But I'd say it was bad for the visitors when we had no locker rooms up there. The new field is much more hospitable...........Cool
Besty Layne, no doubt in my mind.
Now THAT is wrong Lost...
No team or fans should EVER take it that far.
It's bad enough when they disrespect you on the field but now destroying property is way beyond uncalled for.
the yellow jackets
they only have one shower head in there locker room
I thought that this post was about hospitality. Much of the talk is of fields and complexes. Most of the teams mentioned just get to have the opportunity to have teams little on get turf or coal miner money. I personally can remember when Allen Centrals team would get on an abandoned bus behind the bleachers, if it stormed really bad or if lightening was sighted they would let all on the bus they could hold. That was not because the people were un- hospitable, its just all they had. Same way with South Floyd They could not offer you the large locker rooms beside the public pool. They did not even have a justifiable locker room. Just sounds like a bunch of bench warmers or has beens talking trash about a subject that could really be serious.
Allen Centals is pretty bad. They only have a room that is about 10 square feet. Also Harlin's lockerroom is crappy.
Pike Central Turned it up to 85 deg. in the locker room this year.