Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MOST UN-HOSPITABLE SCHOOLS FOR AWAY GAME...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where have your worst away games been as far as hospitality and good sportsmanship? I will say that Bell Co. and South Laurel are my worst experiences. I have never seen worse...Been to Bell( LOG MOUNTAIN) twice. Both times the law has been called.South Laurel because the coach pulled his team off the field at the end of game not allowing his players to participate in the post game sportsmanship line.
probably the worst place ive been sportsmanship wise is allen central. they cuss, cheat, and cut block you.....the coachs there train to cut block. They use cutting on kickoff and kickoff return which is really dangerous
allen centrals field....they gave us a 15 by 15 foot block room, how can 40+ players fit in there?
jenkins.......after the game the man they call chainsaw was actually talking trash to josh sullivan and the rest of the pikeville team
i forgot about chainsaw.....what a character....
Belfry.....Always got that lockeroom blistering hot....
panthermania Wrote:Belfry.....Always got that lockeroom blistering hot....

Why do you think it's hot ? Smile
I would have to say Rockcastle, they have an unbelieveable atomsphere, if your the home team
Sasquatch72 Wrote:I would have to say Rockcastle, they have an unbelieveable atomsphere, if your the home team
Hold on there...Rockcastle was very hospitable..great fans, great administration, great field...Yes, it's a tough place to play because they get after you and the atmosphere can be intimidating but the folks are hospitable and BTW Coach Larkey is 1st class.
Williamson, WV. The lockeroom they gave us was like a chicken coup
belfrys locker room was blistering hot, and the fans cuss at you from the fence, and throw stuff at you the whole game, but cawood gave us a little dungeon to change in that had moss growing on the floor with dirt in some places, and mildew on the walls, with no heat.
pcbear17 Wrote:belfrys locker room was blistering hot, and the fans cuss at you from the fence, and throw stuff at you the whole game, but cawood gave us a little dungeon to change in that had moss growing on the floor with dirt in some places, and mildew on the walls, with no heat.

No kiddin'... Amen on that one brother....
Phelps or Allen Central. South Floyd wasn't too great either back when they were the snakepit. Paintsville wouldn't even give us a locker room one year, we had to dress at Johnson Central and go the game.
Breathitt Co., without a shadow of doubt.
Wayne Co. use to b pretty bad when Pike Central was still a 3A school i remember going over there and it was about like the Williamson field the locker rooms were so small that the football players had to actualy change and seperate times the fans were horible they actaully had a riot break out during the game between not our fans and their fans but their fans it was kinda funny.
Magoffin Co. It's a friggin' Gym. there is no bathrooms(except the girls lockerroom) the Away sidelines is just a creekbank.
Does no one remember Wheelwright/South Floyds, Brackett Field.
It was called the Snake Pit.
Very hard turf, no dressing facilities, minimal bathrooms, and great fans(if you were a Trojan or Raider)!!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:South Floyd wasn't too great either back when they were the snakepit.
I think Phelps is the most un-hospitable..they done the raiders wrong..they almost had as many pen.yards as total O..
spxdad Wrote:Does no one remember Wheelwright/South Floyds, Brackett Field.
It was called the Snake Pit.
Very hard turf, no dressing facilities, minimal bathrooms, and great fans(if you were a Trojan or Raider)!!!!

I LOVED watching games there.
Belfry for sure..., Allen Central, and Jenkins
If Ky. High School Athletic Assoc. would regulate field conditions and facilities and accept protests to such then things would get better... :!:
good idea
VERY VERY GOOD IDEA

South Western has great facilities by the way lol
jenkins didnt even have locker rooms for us
Pikeville
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Williamson,WV
Bell County
Magoffin Co The dressing rooms
Fort Thoms Highlands: They have a nice field now but it was always so hard to play there stick the away team in front of the bleacher( all on one side of the field) The radio was broadcasted from a class room that over looked the field, and they was just so rude to the fans, it was like 10 ir 15 min before they were going to open the gates and the fans that just drove 3 1/2 hours and would not even let them into the field, when they had people at the gate to take up the money, just sat there and looked at the fans.
Fort Thomas by far
I have to say Fleming Neon. We left there one night and had three of our windows broken out leaving the school. We was threatened at half time that if we won we would not leave there alive. We won and it was sooooo scary but we celebrated like crazy ....................after we got out of town. Fields if you ever was in the lower end of the Viperman stadium at Belfry you would have to know how bad it was. I was bleeding like crazy before the game even started. When I went in from warm ups they had to dress both my legs from the knee down from all the cuts I had from the creek gravel down in the corner of the field.
At Knot Central the fans filled our buses full of spare tires and poured pop all in the seats.
Pages: 1 2