Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(7) Florida 69 - (25) Kentucky 52
TidesHoss32 Wrote:This is the worst Ive seen UK play since Gillispie's bunch got murdered by Vandy. They had absolutely no clue what they were doing. Zero chemistry. They were scared to death to take it to Florida. Just an awful, awful performance. But I still dont think its because UK is THAT BAD. Donovans boys are a team on a mission, and Florida is just that good. Now...Watching Noel go down is reason number one why there should be NO ONE AND DONE rule. Get rid of that stupid rule. Hopefully it didnt cost the number one NBA draft prospect millions just to please ignorant NCAA brass.

The sentiment here is right, but the blame is TOTALLY misplaced. The one and done rule is COMPLETELY the fault of the NBA. It has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NBA teams couldn't help themselves and drafted the high school kids 100% on potential. But now with the rule, the NBA teams get to see the kids against physically grown men and see if they are ready to compete at that level. And that only takes the one year.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:The spread was 11. they lost by 17. Not good.

Unless you took the Gator boys giving the points.
Its crazy tho! If a kid is a Freshman and has an outstanding Freshman season! He is automatically a lottery pick!! Lets make a new rule! Lets see them for at least 3 seasons! See if they do the same thing year after year after year!!!!!
Curveball 24 Wrote:Its crazy tho! If a kid is a Freshman and has an outstanding Freshman season! He is automatically a lottery pick!! Lets make a new rule! Lets see them for at least 3 seasons! See if they do the same thing year after year after year!!!!!

I only support the rule if it allows them to enter after High School! Mandating athletes to play college is not something they should do. Let those who have ZERO desire to play college basketball enter freely to the NBA. I hate to see them not make it, but do not burden the colleges with these athletes who have no desire to play by the strict guidelines of eligibility that the NCAA requires. Once an athlete commits to college, then I believe it should be a three year requirement.

But, the college administrators are not stupid to the money that they are currently making. The college that would have gotten Lebron James for just one year would have hit the lottery! It hard to imagine that UK Basketball could make much more than they already are, but the reemergence of UK nationally has been 100% a result of One-And-Done's! I don't like it, but the fact is, the business of basketball is not going to change for the sake of the GAME of basketball!
Stardust Wrote:I only support the rule if it allows them to enter after High School! Mandating athletes to play college is not something they should do. Let those who have ZERO desire to play college basketball enter freely to the NBA. I hate to see them not make it, but do not burden the colleges with these athletes who have no desire to play by the strict guidelines of eligibility that the NCAA requires. Once an athlete commits to college, then I believe it should be a three year requirement.

But, the college administrators are not stupid to the money that they are currently making. The college that would have gotten Lebron James for just one year would have hit the lottery! It hard to imagine that UK Basketball could make much more than they already are, but the reemergence of UK nationally has been 100% a result of One-And-Done's! I don't like it, but the fact is, the business of basketball is not going to change for the sake of the GAME of basketball!

2 well reasoned, sensible posts in one thread? Someone has DEFINITELY
replaced Dusty with a pod person duplicate.
Stardust Wrote:I only support the rule if it allows them to enter after High School! Mandating athletes to play college is not something they should do. Let those who have ZERO desire to play college basketball enter freely to the NBA. I hate to see them not make it, but do not burden the colleges with these athletes who have no desire to play by the strict guidelines of eligibility that the NCAA requires. Once an athlete commits to college, then I believe it should be a three year requirement.

Well, we cant do that.
UK would suck then Confusednicker:
I have bitched all season about Archie Goodwin. And I'm not going to stop now. If he must drive the ball then he needs to learn to protect and pass. simple math shows that if the teams are 5 on 5 and three people are guarding one then somebody somewhere is open. As a matter of fact 2 people are open. Find them and pass the damn ball.

Harrow is scared to death to play the point and Polson just isn't' good enough. He don't know how to handle a press. You can't back up you have to keep moving forward.

Lazy passes and simple mistakes are what is killing this team. They are playing like it's a pickup game at a local YMCA.

I can't wait till next year, i've had enough of this one. Especially since the only bright spot has been injured for the year. We didn't have much defense and what we had now has to sit on the bench..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I have bitched all season about Archie Goodwin. And I'm not going to stop now. If he must drive the ball then he needs to learn to protect and pass. simple math shows that if the teams are 5 on 5 and three people are guarding one then somebody somewhere is open. As a matter of fact 2 people are open. Find them and pass the damn ball.

Harrow is scared to death to play the point and Polson just isn't' good enough. He don't know how to handle a press. You can't back up you have to keep moving forward.

Lazy passes and simple mistakes are what is killing this team. They are playing like it's a pickup game at a local YMCA.

I can't wait till next year, i've had enough of this one. Especially since the only bright spot has been injured for the year. We didn't have much defense and what we had now has to sit on the bench..

Im in the same boat as you. Ive said all year Goodwin is the most overrated "star" player Cal has ever picked up. Of course hes had some horrible players, but none that were going to start that is as bad as Goodwin.

To be honest, i hope some of these freshmen leave. They'll just be taking up bench space next year anyways.
Observing Wrote:The sentiment here is right, but the blame is TOTALLY misplaced. The one and done rule is COMPLETELY the fault of the NBA. It has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NBA teams couldn't help themselves and drafted the high school kids 100% on potential. But now with the rule, the NBA teams get to see the kids against physically grown men and see if they are ready to compete at that level. And that only takes the one year.
I actually messed up that post lol..I meant to put NBA brass, not NCAA. Totally my fault though. I was in the hospital staying with my mother and rushed through it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Archie Goodwin for President.
^
We all know Joker is your first pick.