Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (7) Florida 69 - (25) Kentucky 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Dominated. Nothing else. The guards are weak. Alex Is lazy. Noel hurt. Kyle is useless in big games. Goodwin is a ballhog. So many issues.
Cats many weaknesses were exposed.

An embarrassing effort from Kentucky
The sky is still there.
This just shows how damn bad this bunch is, ball hogs, I'm not guarding him, to where are we?? This kids have no clue on how to play as a team!! Noel is the only one out there that has any heart ( beside Polson ) and now he's hurt I just hope it's not as bad as
^
It looked. Any word how bad his injury is?
panther nation Wrote:^
It looked. Any word how bad his injury is?

Left the arena in a wheelchair, going to a local hospital for X-ray.
Noel has several times this year rolled around on the ground like he was shot only to return to the game a min later. Hopefully this is nothing serious either and just scared him. If it is serious the cats are done but more important I feel so bad for this kid, it will cost him a huge pay check.
Yep. just looked up again. Still there.
AWLFUL, is all I can say,next yr ,get Goodwin,Hood, and some others off there to make room for the new ones, let Polson stay ,cause at least he tries..
Everyone just stay positive...Florida is just the best in the SEC this year and their is no shame in admitting that.

I'm very hopeful that Noel's injury isn't as serious as it looked, but if it is and if he's out for a extended amount of time or even the season...just don't give up.
Florida may be a top 2 or 3 team in the nation. They sure looked it tonight. Goodwin is the whole prob for Uk! Id like to watch them with polson in the lineup instead of him for a whole game. Sit him down and show him who's boss. Noel is the motor of this team I think. He energizes them and get them pumped. The cats nee a leader and the one guy that was turning to that emotional leader is hurt. Coming from a UK hater, I wish the guy the best and hope its nothing severe. Not only for Uk but for him too! Such a talent that college basketball needs.
theVILLE Wrote:Florida may be a top 2 or 3 team in the nation. They sure looked it tonight. Goodwin is the whole prob for Uk! Id like to watch them with polson in the lineup instead of him for a whole game. Sit him down and show him who's boss. Noel is the motor of this team I think. He energizes them and get them pumped. The cats nee a leader and the one guy that was turning to that emotional leader is hurt. Coming from a UK hater, I wish the guy the best and hope its nothing severe. Not only for Uk but for him too! Such a talent that college basketball needs.

I usually rarely agree with you, but I do in this one. I think Archie is the main problem. Poythress is an intimidating body, but doesn't know how to use it. Watch him grab an offensive board & go up strong to watch him fingeroll it off the back iron. Ridiculous!!! Archie thinks he's Jordan, but he's a school yard hero & a ball hog. Poythress is soft as is the unathletic Wiltjer but at least Kyle tries it's just not his nature. Harrow, Mays, & Archie couldn't make a clean pass to a setup shooter or a flashing post guy if their life depended on it. WCS makes young, stupid decisions but does it while hustling which I could live with. Hood is lost most of the time. Polson plays his heart out but just isn't as talented. Noel is the man, the lone ranger. Leaves it all on the floor & the only one trying. Shame he gets hurt because he has no help & he didn't give up on the play. I got tired of watching Wiltjer, WCS, & Noel try to guard their guards after they burnt our guards or stole a lazy pass. It's sickening, & tough to watch. I'm sliding back into my uninterested BCG days with this team. I've heard grumblings about Cal's abilities to coach & develop. Child please. What can the man do with a bunch of selfish, lacking confidence, & scared cream puffs?? He can only do so much. Brandon Knight's team was probably less talented but they bought into the team & developed. This bunch are clowns. Granted Florida is a top notch team, & we were in the ball game but it's the lack of effort that kills me. It doesn't matter if we're playing Florida or Auburn, every team plays us close & the excitement along with the killer instinct isn't there. They play like they are in practice, as if a lazy pass resulting in points off of a TO doesn't result in consequence. Or they get lazy on defense & don't try to make up for it with effort. They know Cal's only going to go 7-8 deep & they don't have to fight for their playing time. We need Archie to be the player Cal thought he was getting. We haven't seen him yet, & I'd rather play and/or lose with Polson trying to see Archie not give a hoot. I really hope his & Poythress' draft stock doesn't bottom out like I predict it will. I really want to see these clowns go & have successful D-League careers.

May God Bless Noel, I pray his injury isn't as severe as it appeared. However, if it is may he have a speed & successful recovery.
DONE.

I dont care about the tourney, or anything else for that matter, we flat out got dominated.
FBALL Wrote:The sky is still there.
:Shaking:

Believe it may be falling!! Or maybe already fell!!
LOL, Good lord, my fellow UK fans takes situations like those so unrealistically. At the beginning of the season they see everything with their Blue tinted glasses and believe there is nobody who can touch their team. They have no sense of the real situation and see the glaring weaknesses that they team has from a leadership standpoint. Then as the team struggles through the season, there funeral clothes come on and they can't see the real improvement that the team has accomplished.

It's simple, the team was beaten by a team who played flawless basketball. Yep, it happens - Ask dUKe, Indiana, Michigan St., etc....! To not see the improvement in Harrow's game, the spark that is coming in Poythress game, the improvement from Cauley is just ridiculous. Everyone had such unreal expectations of a group who had proved nothing at the college level. Now no one will give them any credit for starting to improve. Nope, this team is not going to go down as one of UK's greatest teams ever. But they are far, let me repeat Far, say again FAR, from being the worst! This team, for who they really are, will be just fine.
Granny Bear Wrote::Shaking:

Believe it may be falling!! Or maybe already fell!!

Nope. Just walked out and checked again. It's still there.
I'm going to start the Goodwin fan club because I'm sick of everybody ragging on him. He is the only one that can create his own offense. Granted sometimes he does it to much but he is the only one that can attack and penetrate off of the dribble.
I have been a UK fan for 50 years and will continue to support my Cats. We can analyize all we want, we are just not that good this year, case closed. Calipari will have them back next year. Keep the spirit.

One thing I do not like about this team is their lack of effort. They do not realize what it means to put Kentucky on your chest or what it means to other teams. I will continue to support my Cats, but in my 50 years as a fan, I never thought I would say I cannot wait till football season!
I don't even care about this game, Florida is just a better team this year, it happens. I just hope Nerlens is ok, not for the sake of our season, but for his future. Picture of him landing is gruesome.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I usually rarely agree with you, but I do in this one. I think Archie is the main problem. Poythress is an intimidating body, but doesn't know how to use it. Watch him grab an offensive board & go up strong to watch him fingeroll it off the back iron. Ridiculous!!! Archie thinks he's Jordan, but he's a school yard hero & a ball hog. Poythress is soft as is the unathletic Wiltjer but at least Kyle tries it's just not his nature. Harrow, Mays, & Archie couldn't make a clean pass to a setup shooter or a flashing post guy if their life depended on it. WCS makes young, stupid decisions but does it while hustling which I could live with. Hood is lost most of the time. Polson plays his heart out but just isn't as talented. Noel is the man, the lone ranger. Leaves it all on the floor & the only one trying. Shame he gets hurt because he has no help & he didn't give up on the play. I got tired of watching Wiltjer, WCS, & Noel try to guard their guards after they burnt our guards or stole a lazy pass. It's sickening, & tough to watch. I'm sliding back into my uninterested BCG days with this team. I've heard grumblings about Cal's abilities to coach & develop. Child please. What can the man do with a bunch of selfish, lacking confidence, & scared cream puffs?? He can only do so much. Brandon Knight's team was probably less talented but they bought into the team & developed. This bunch are clowns. Granted Florida is a top notch team, & we were in the ball game but it's the lack of effort that kills me. It doesn't matter if we're playing Florida or Auburn, every team plays us close & the excitement along with the killer instinct isn't there. They play like they are in practice, as if a lazy pass resulting in points off of a TO doesn't result in consequence. Or they get lazy on defense & don't try to make up for it with effort. They know Cal's only going to go 7-8 deep & they don't have to fight for their playing time. We need Archie to be the player Cal thought he was getting. We haven't seen him yet, & I'd rather play and/or lose with Polson trying to see Archie not give a hoot. I really hope his & Poythress' draft stock doesn't bottom out like I predict it will. I really want to see these clowns go & have successful D-League careers.

May God Bless Noel, I pray his injury isn't as severe as it appeared. However, if it is may he have a speed & successful recovery.

I mean watch the team when Goodwin is on the bench, they make a big run 9/10 times. I kinda sorta agree with you on Poythress. Well I completely agree but one play every 3 games he shows he is a man an throws down!! Its almost like he doesnt have fun, rarely smiles. For the coach cal developing players? Yeah he can develop a young team into great NBA players. However Ill argue until its proven, a team full of freshman with no senior leader will not win a championship
I heard that Noel was having an MRI this morning.

I do not think he will return this year and this surely will impact his draft status.
Improvments......

Ryan Harrow: He has stepped up and runs the team better than he did 2 months ago! He still kind of gets lost against good competition!
Archie Goodwin: He actually passes the ball better than he did. Starting to slow his game down to where he is not out of control all the time! Still learning!
Willy Cauley-Stein: He looks tremendous in the post! First of the year i do believe he didnt know what the post was!
Alex Poythress: He actually takes the ball to the rim! First of the year 80% of his shots where outside 15'!
Kyle Wiltjer: He is slowly starting to become the leader of this team! Spark off the bench!!
Julius Mays: He has improved his 3 point shot all season!
Stardust Wrote:LOL, Good lord, my fellow UK fans takes situations like those so unrealistically. At the beginning of the season they see everything with their Blue tinted glasses and believe there is nobody who can touch their team. They have no sense of the real situation and see the glaring weaknesses that they team has from a leadership standpoint. Then as the team struggles through the season, there funeral clothes come on and they can't see the real improvement that the team has accomplished.

It's simple, the team was beaten by a team who played flawless basketball. Yep, it happens - Ask dUKe, Indiana, Michigan St., etc....! To not see the improvement in Harrow's game, the spark that is coming in Poythress game, the improvement from Cauley is just ridiculous. Everyone had such unreal expectations of a group who had proved nothing at the college level. Now no one will give them any credit for starting to improve. Nope, this team is not going to go down as one of UK's greatest teams ever. But they are far, let me repeat Far, say again FAR, from being the worst! This team, for who they really are, will be just fine.

Okay, who kidnapped Dusty and replaced him with a double that
posts sensibly?
judgementday Wrote:I heard that Noel was having an MRI this morning.

I do not think he will return this year and this surely will impact his draft status.

Very likely DOES impact his standing. But the pertinent question
is: does it make him consider coming back, or guarantee that he
still goes to the draft? I lean toward the latter.
This is the worst Ive seen UK play since Gillispie's bunch got murdered by Vandy. They had absolutely no clue what they were doing. Zero chemistry. They were scared to death to take it to Florida. Just an awful, awful performance. But I still dont think its because UK is THAT BAD. Donovans boys are a team on a mission, and Florida is just that good. Now...Watching Noel go down is reason number one why there should be NO ONE AND DONE rule. Get rid of that stupid rule. Hopefully it didnt cost the number one NBA draft prospect millions just to please the ignorant NCAA brass.
I still think Kentucky goes 5-2 the remainder of the season!
Record......
(13-5) SEC
(22-9) Overall Record
The spread was 11. they lost by 17. Not good.
Noels X-Rays came back negative and is undergoing an MRI this morning..per Brian Milam Tweet
I still think Noel does not return for another season.
Pages: 1 2