Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 35 Bourbon County 10
Hopkins changed numbers I didnt notice. Belfry shut him down on his first run. I think I know why if he did, I seen the #23 Messer Boy K.O. him and he may have knocked the crap out of him and it got on the other jersey. LOL. It was a very clean and good block, Hopkins was shaking his head until the next play.
^ Messer had several decleating type blocks. He also ran down some Bourbon skill guys (granted he some angles) to limit moderate gains.
I was fairly certain he was #5, he wore #7 last night?
Great game by a lot of guys wearing red last night.
Great Job Belfry Pirates. We know you can beat Central. You have the game plan and the power. Just do it! Show them who is the best.
way to go Belfry GO BIG RED!!!!!
BelfryPride Wrote:We held Hopkins to 16 yards....wow!

Didn't Hopkins disappear in the playoffs last year too? Didn't Powell County hold him in check in the 2nd round? He might have been hurt then.....either way, I thought Bourbon was stacked full of awesome playmakers. Wasn't Hodge supposed to roll his Cadillac full of superstars into CAM and whip up on the Pirates? Gee Wiz, what happened?
Hopkins wore #7 the entire night, he didn't change during the game.
Yes Hopkins did wear #7 all night. Some of the videos I watched had him wearing #5. Wonder if there is a reason behind that.
That was my question as well, skully03. I was hoping the athleticism he brought would prepare us for Central but he sort of disappointed.
Hopkins wore #7 all nite his #5 was torn up in the previous game, Bourbon had a Great Season first time any of them kids got to experience a feeling or atmosphere like that, I take my hat off to the Belfry players & Coaches they were very classy and on a mission I wish you guys the best of luck even you guys on here still talkin trash about what Hopkins did or didn't do thank you for all your comments cause the site wouldn't be any fun with out them... Once again Congrats & Good Luck to Belfry & your fans and Congrats to Bourbon County your Coaches & Fans on a great season...
Professor7 Wrote:Hopkins wore #7 all nite his #5 was torn up in the previous game

Why did Hopkins wear a different number @ Garrard in the regular season? Was his #5 jersey tore up in the previous game then, too? I believe he wore either #7 or #8 in that game @ Garrard...
Guess you would have to ask Hopkins !!!
Professor7 Wrote:Guess you would have to ask Hopkins !!!

I'm asking you, genius....you seem to be the resident expert on all things Bourbon Co. :biglmao:
Belfry0304 Wrote:How come Hopkins changed jersey numbers?

Not sure. We watched him play another time this year and he had on a different # then also.
LOL, What difference does it make what # he wore he was #7 Friday nite..
Professor7 Wrote:Hopkins wore #7 all nite his #5 was torn up in the previous game, Bourbon had a Great Season first time any of them kids got to experience a feeling or atmosphere like that, I take my hat off to the Belfry players & Coaches they were very classy and on a mission I wish you guys the best of luck even you guys on here still talkin trash about what Hopkins did or didn't do thank you for all your comments cause the site wouldn't be any fun with out them... Once again Congrats & Good Luck to Belfry & your fans and Congrats to Bourbon County your Coaches & Fans on a great season...

Good post Professor7, thanks.
Thank you Buc-a-roo if you are from Belfry or a Belfry fan I wish you guys the best of luck & hope you beat Central this year...
Thanks again. I am a Belfry fan, to say the least. Been around a long time and very close to the program. We have our work cut out for us, but we are going there to win.
he wanted to hide from the belfry d so he didnt get smacked

didnt work!!!
Congrats Bourbon on a Great Season. The LOS in football probably determines the game about 90% of the time. Get more physical and keep the influx of the athletes you guys have and come back and see us again. I kinda shakingly predicted a big win in this one for the Pirates, glad to see my prediction come to fruition. Bourbon made it interesting for a short time, but the Belfry Bigs were just too much. Good job guys! Do whatcha do and do it one more time!
Congrats to the Pirates on the win.

Congrats to Bourbon on your season, and good luck next year.

I have been to Belfry's last 2 games and must say i'm impressed.

Belfry is very physical on both sides of the ball. The only problem i see are the fumbles made by different rb's. If Belfry can hang on to the ball i think they beat Central by 2 scores or more. If they limit the turnovers to 1 maybe 2 i still think they come out with a close win.

Good luck Belfry at State. I will be working that day, so i will not be able to come. I hope Wymt covers the game and i can watch on tape delay or something.