•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Additions
FBALL Wrote:I know a bunch of people from Raceland that aren't happy about playing at Blazer every year. Especially after Russell did the home and home series. That is the one thing I would agree with. Putnam stadium is a hell hole. I think the Tom Kittens should man up and agree to a home and home but Swift will never agree to it.

Actually I loved playing at putnam. I know three of my sons have great memories of playing there. It's a special place. And I have one that will be playing Friday night's soon. A hell hole its not! I would much rather play at Putnam then the eagles nest or 99% of the other stadiums around. Can't wait till my son gets to play at tank stadium. Putnam stadium is nothing other then a home away from home. Most years we compete with the cats. And without turning a light on or firing up a grill, painting the field we get a great payday. 5k+.
Russell has a nice stadium. But not the history.
It's my opinion that the eagles use the home and home not to play the tomcats. It's tough to get all the Ram fans in the eagle stadium. Can't see them going there.
If the eagles are serious about playing the tomcats, tigers, devils and other big name teams. The eagle staff will make it happen. No excuses if you want it bad enough
football 105 Wrote:Actually I loved playing at putnam. I know three of my sons have great memories of playing there. It's a special place. And I have one that will be playing Friday night's soon. A hell hole its not! I would much rather play at Putnam then the eagles nest or 99% of the other stadiums around. Can't wait till my son gets to play at tank stadium. Putnam stadium is nothing other then a home away from home. Most years we compete with the cats. And without turning a light on or firing up a grill, painting the field we get a great payday. 5k+.
Russell has a nice stadium. But not the history.
It's my opinion that the eagles use the home and home not to play the tomcats. It's tough to get all the Ram fans in the eagle stadium. Can't see them going there.
If the eagles are serious about playing the tomcats, tigers, devils and other big name teams. The eagle staff will make it happen. No excuses if you want it bad enough
I can appreciate your sense of history but its a hole. I've played and coached there as a visitor and it sucks. Like I told BadCat. They should have taken some of that money when they upgraded the entrance and concession stand and upgraded the lockerroom and press box. The field and seating are fine.
FBALL Wrote:I know a bunch of people from Raceland that aren't happy about playing at Blazer every year. Especially after Russell did the home and home series. That is the one thing I would agree with. Putnam stadium is a hell hole. I think the Tom Kittens should man up and agree to a home and home but Swift will never agree to it.

I love raceland. But they will never provide an environment like Ashland does. You go in knowing you're supposed to lose in front of arguably the biggest regular season crowd you'll face all season long. Its great for the kids, great for the fans. Ashlands locker rooms might look like boiler rooms. But last time I checked that's not where the game is played. And I won't argue what Russell does or won't do anymore. Neither will I comment on the eagle comment. Would fairview ever even begin to think about playing ironton? I agree racelands schedule this year is subpar. But we don't drive all the way to Columbus to beat up on somebody either. We play teams from this immediate area. Pikeville? They beat us twice last year. A close one in the regular season. And we took a thumping at their place in the playoffs.
Can't wait and I will leave it at that.

:lmao:

:beg:Confusederved:

Sounds great.
Patch Wrote:Can't wait and I will leave it at that.

:lmao:

:beg:Confusederved:

Sounds great.

I cannot wait for the Fairview / Raceland game next Friday night at Westwood. Have no idea what you mean by "Getting Served" or "Sounds great" comment. Fairview will serve the Ams just fine.
I see the kitten/am bromance continues.

If the renovations to Putnam ever get done that's great. But I stand by my statement. Right now it's a hell hole.
Clint Westwood Wrote:I cannot wait for the Fairview / Raceland game next Friday night at Westwood. Have no idea what you mean by "Getting Served" or "Sounds great" comment. Fairview will serve the Ams just fine.

Who are the Ams? Just wondering.

:thanks:
Ask FBALL, he/she used the "am" as well.

Everyone knows you are a hater when it comes to Fairview. Doesn't matter what sport either. They have a bowling team now and word is that there are kids transferring from Indiana (talk about out of district) to Fairview for the Bowling team. You may want to contact the KHSAA on that as well. Musick and the boys are getting donations from KDMC and JWC to help build a multi million dollar bowling alley where Tandy Kemper used to be at. This should provide new jobs and with all the "free stuff" like the free housing and such that goes on, we should be well on our way to our shot at glory in high school bowling!

On a more serious note, you have never provided any sound factual evidence to support your accusatory statements that you post over and over to bash Fairview.
Sounds great and getting served? Please elaborate and not with one of your childish answers. Man up if you can.
CW- All anyone is seriously trying to say is: IT JUST LOOKS FISHY, that's it. No one has any hard proof of wrong doing (that I or anyone I've spoken with are aware of). Personally, I am a Raceland guy, from K-12... BUT both of my parents are Fairview grads, and I have a lot of family in Westwood still. I absolutely relate to the small school atmosphere, especially in football season. In my opinion, there's nothing like it. The fishy part is, Huntington kids coming to Westwood to play ball, particularly a senior. Whether a kid or two were expelled in WV, I honestly don't know. If that WAS the case, I know the large majority of Ram fans would not want that type of character coming into the program. As an outsider looking in, its fishy to me that these are Huntington kids, when McPeek has connections in that very area. Especially when Chris Jennings was a Huntington guy, and 'LT' is still involved at Fairview. Sorry, thats just too ironic to me. Is every Ram player a kid that started kindergarden at Raceland? no... that's not the case. Everyone points out Messer from Russell. Yea, he came to Raceland.... as a 7th grader. In my opinion there is a big difference between guys playing together since Junior High, VS a kid coming in as a senior. I'll get off my soap box. Should be a great game, and memorable for both sides.
GoodMedicine'05 Wrote:CW- All anyone is seriously trying to say is: IT JUST LOOKS FISHY, that's it. No one has any hard proof of wrong doing (that I or anyone I've spoken with are aware of). Personally, I am a Raceland guy, from K-12... BUT both of my parents are Fairview grads, and I have a lot of family in Westwood still. I absolutely relate to the small school atmosphere, especially in football season. In my opinion, there's nothing like it. The fishy part is, Huntington kids coming to Westwood to play ball, particularly a senior. Whether a kid or two were expelled in WV, I honestly don't know. If that WAS the case, I know the large majority of Ram fans would not want that type of character coming into the program. As an outsider looking in, its fishy to me that these are Huntington kids, when McPeek has connections in that very area. Especially when Chris Jennings was a Huntington guy, and 'LT' is still involved at Fairview. Sorry, thats just too ironic to me. Is every Ram player a kid that started kindergarden at Raceland? no... that's not the case. Everyone points out Messer from Russell. Yea, he came to Raceland.... as a 7th grader. In my opinion there is a big difference between guys playing together since Junior High, VS a kid coming in as a senior. I'll get off my soap box. Should be a great game, and memorable for both sides.

According to the KHSAA, recruiting is recruiting whether it is a 7th grader or a senior. May not be a big difference if they are in the 7th grade unless it is a talent like OJ Mayo was at Rose Hill. Apples and Oranges I guess. LT is not from Huntington and his ties lies further away, like 2 plus hours away. As for McPeek's ties to Huntington that was over several years ago. The KHSAA has went fishing thanks to lures from Blazer Blvd and Am Nation, and they didnt even get a bite. Looks fishy? I agree with you on the perspective but perspective isnt always right.

You are a breath of fresh air with your post and it is not a soap box. Others on here like Blue Band Aid has a soap box and a personal hatred for Fairview. You are right it should be a great game.
GoodMedicine'05 Wrote:CW- All anyone is seriously trying to say is: IT JUST LOOKS FISHY, that's it. No one has any hard proof of wrong doing (that I or anyone I've spoken with are aware of). Personally, I am a Raceland guy, from K-12... BUT both of my parents are Fairview grads, and I have a lot of family in Westwood still. I absolutely relate to the small school atmosphere, especially in football season. In my opinion, there's nothing like it. The fishy part is, Huntington kids coming to Westwood to play ball, particularly a senior. Whether a kid or two were expelled in WV, I honestly don't know. If that WAS the case, I know the large majority of Ram fans would not want that type of character coming into the program. As an outsider looking in, its fishy to me that these are Huntington kids, when McPeek has connections in that very area. Especially when Chris Jennings was a Huntington guy, and 'LT' is still involved at Fairview. Sorry, thats just too ironic to me. Is every Ram player a kid that started kindergarden at Raceland? no... that's not the case. Everyone points out Messer from Russell. Yea, he came to Raceland.... as a 7th grader. In my opinion there is a big difference between guys playing together since Junior High, VS a kid coming in as a senior. I'll get off my soap box. Should be a great game, and memorable for both sides.

You should think about what you type. Boggs, messer, and beach????? All transfers
Clint Westwood Wrote:According to the KHSAA, recruiting is recruiting whether it is a 7th grader or a senior. May not be a big difference if they are in the 7th grade unless it is a talent like OJ Mayo was at Rose Hill. Apples and Oranges I guess. LT is not from Huntington and his ties lies further away, like 2 plus hours away. As for McPeek's ties to Huntington that was over several years ago. The KHSAA has went fishing thanks to lures from Blazer Blvd and Am Nation, and they didnt even get a bite. Looks fishy? I agree with you on the perspective but perspective isnt always right.

You are a breath of fresh air with your post and it is not a soap box. Others on here like Blue Band Aid has a soap box and a personal hatred for Fairview. You are right it should be a great game.

Ovinton came to Rose Hill from South Point at the beginning of his sixth grade year. As for the KHSAA, you can say that they treat all schools equally. Of course, some schools are more "equal" than others. If it ever got down to a standoff with Ashland or Russell opposing Fairview or Raceland, the latter two wlll not be operating on that infamous "level playing field".
I'm not saying recruiting isn't age related. If you read my comment, the word RECRUITING wasn't used once. I was more referring to guys showing up the last year of high school and playing, taking someones spot.. and team chemistry issues that might arise from that. They are winning, so maybe all is good. The fact its recruiting or not is one's opinion. If you want to talk about transferring schools before a player is even in high school (Boggs, Messer, Beach).. We can talk about every school in the state. IMO its more of a stretch to cross state lines to play for a mediocre Class A school, as opposed to playing within the same county. Just my opinion, whether its KHSAA policy or not
CW- I appreciate the kind words sir
Truth Wrote:Ovinton came to Rose Hill from South Point at the beginning of his sixth grade year. As for the KHSAA, you can say that they treat all schools equally. Of course, some schools are more "equal" than others. If it ever got down to a standoff with Ashland or Russell opposing Fairview or Raceland, the latter two wlll not be operating on that infamous "level playing field".

OJ was old enough to drive himself in the 6th grade. He wasn't recruited he chose the Hill !

All 4 of the above mentioned schools have had transfers/recruits/ for over the last 35 years. You are priceless, and might I add...spineless.
Clint Westwood Wrote:OJ was old enough to drive himself in the 6th grade. He wasn't recruited he chose the Hill !

All 4 of the above mentioned schools have had transfers/recruits/ for over the last 35 years. You are priceless, and might I add...spineless.
Yeah he chose the Hill then chose to leave.then khsaa chose to take his banners back. You are right.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Ask FBALL, he/she used the "am" as well.

Everyone knows you are a hater when it comes to Fairview. Doesn't matter what sport either. They have a bowling team now and word is that there are kids transferring from Indiana (talk about out of district) to Fairview for the Bowling team. You may want to contact the KHSAA on that as well. Musick and the boys are getting donations from KDMC and JWC to help build a multi million dollar bowling alley where Tandy Kemper used to be at. This should provide new jobs and with all the "free stuff" like the free housing and such that goes on, we should be well on our way to our shot at glory in high school bowling!

On a more serious note, you have never provided any sound factual evidence to support your accusatory statements that you post over and over to bash Fairview.
Sounds great and getting served? Please elaborate and not with one of your childish answers. Man up if you can.

You are as boring on here as you are in person, you know where I am and I am pretty easy to find. And you are certainly the last one to talk about being a man, you should get into stand up comedy, that and you are both jokes.

:moon:

:zzz:

:biglmao:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Yeah he chose the Hill then chose to leave.then khsaa chose to take his banners back. You are right.

KHSAA "chose to take his banners back"? What are you talking about? The KHSAA never took any action whatsoever concerning anything to do with Ovinton. Why would they? In his two years in Kentucky he brought more national attention to high school basketball in the 16th Region than anyone in the last 50 years.

I suspect that negative statements about Ovinton, whether from Millseaters or Ashlanders, are saturated with jealousy. After all, no one can honestly doubt that he was the best basketball talent to ever play for a 16th Region school- and that was as a 7th grader and an 8th grader.
Clint Westwood Wrote:OJ was old enough to drive himself in the 6th grade. He wasn't recruited he chose the Hill !

Now, Clint Westwood, you know that that is incorrect. But I guess it is easier to say that he was overage rather than to admit that a middle schooler beat the h*** out of your Millseaters.
OJ was an odd exception. That guy was contributing to the VARSITY team as a 6th/7th/8th grader... I'm pretty sure he played every level as a 6th grader (I know he played and dominated against my 8th grade team that year). So many kids transfer as elementary and junior high kids... sports or no sports. When transferring immediately impacts a varsity team, its going to raise eyebrows. Just out of pure curiosity, bc I'm too lazy to actually look this up: At what age/athletic level does the KHSAA have responsibility to clear someone as eligible?
GoodMedicine'05 Wrote:OJ was an odd exception. That guy was contributing to the VARSITY team as a 6th/7th/8th grader... I'm pretty sure he played every level as a 6th grader (I know he played and dominated against my 8th grade team that year). So many kids transfer as elementary and junior high kids... sports or no sports. When transferring immediately impacts a varsity team, its going to raise eyebrows. Just out of pure curiosity, bc I'm too lazy to actually look this up: At what age/athletic level does the KHSAA have responsibility to clear someone as eligible?

The KHSAA supposedly can regulate blatant recruiting in grades below the ninth. However, the reality is that they do not do so. So, the reality is that KHSAA lays off until a student enters the ninth grade.

And, you are certainly correct that Mayo was an "odd exception"- particularly in regard to ability. However, he only played middle school ball as a sixth grader. His first varsity play was as a 7th grader. In fact, his father had to be convinced to let him play because he felt Ovinton couldn't compete and may get hurt. A couple of months later, ESPN, among many others, was following him around with cameras and opposing players were asking him for his autograph.
Eagles2012 Wrote:You should think about what you type. Boggs, messer, and beach????? All transfers

Beach has been at Raceland since elementary school, hardly counts as a transfer when he's been there since 4th grade. Messer and Boggs came in 7th grade... Big difference between that and bringing in kids as seniors, providing housing for them, and filling specific position needs. If these kids had been at fairview since junior high nobody would be complaining. Turner is technically a transfer but you don't hear any Raceland fans griping about him.. That's because he's a good kid and he's been at fairview for several years. But to consistently bring in
seniors from Huntington area for one season is not right. Of course you fairview people are going to try and justify it but truth is, that everyone else in the area and state knows how wrong it is and that's why nobody respects you. Fairview is and will always have the reputation of being a classless/dirty program.
Thank goodness for that outstanding recruiting job Raceland did on Beach when he was a third grader... Wow what foresight by the Rams. Hilarious that you would even try to compare Beach at Raceland to what Fairview does. Not even close and if you were moderately intelligent in any way, you could see that.
Patch Wrote:You are as boring on here as you are in person, you know where I am and I am pretty easy to find. And you are certainly the last one to talk about being a man, you should get into stand up comedy, that and you are both jokes.

:moon:

:zzz:

:biglmao:

Once again you fail to deliver. Doesn't surprise me. I don't know who you are or where you are at. So, no, you are not easy to find. Please enlighten me.
Truth Wrote:Now, Clint Westwood, you know that that is incorrect. But I guess it is easier to say that he was overage rather than to admit that a middle schooler beat the h*** out of your Millseaters.

I have no rebuttal on this statement.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Once again you fail to deliver. Doesn't surprise me. I don't know who you are or where you are at. So, no, you are not easy to find. Please enlighten me.

Well, you sure do act like you know me, or act like you think you know me. Maybe I will see you at the Raceland-Huntington/Fairview game Friday night, that would be nice.

:popcorn:
Eagles2012 Wrote:You should think about what you type. Boggs, messer, and beach????? All transfers

Their are transfers and their is recruiting..
Not a school in Ky without transfers for various reasons.
We all need to stop all the hacking about recruits for now. It is what it is as of this week. Biggest game of the year for both teams. District champ on the line.
I hope both teams are at their best. Leave it to the players and coaches on who wins and why. Not recruits or health issues.
Go Rams!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)