Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNLV 90 - (1) North Carolina 80
^
Reminded me of when UK got beat by VMI years ago at Rupp when they went off for 3 after 3
That was crazy! The sam houston state team came in couple years ago and broke records too! This little schools arent backing down from anybody this season! UCONN is another example of that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I don't really think it's going to help our chances against UNC...it really isn't going to matter anyway, they will leave Lexvegas with a loss. I just like to see them lose.
Well, I am always happy when UNC loses but, I was really hoping that their first loss would come from UK. This would make the win look better on our schedule and I think it sounds better when you say that you gave UNC their first loss of the season!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Ahh, I don't think it's going to make our coming win over UNC look any worse or any better. They won't lose more than a few games, just like us. They'll still be a top 5 team come tourny time.
vundy33 Wrote:Arguing that is just dumb man. UNC deserved to be ranked #1 with their experience and talent and they were. This doesn't prove they shouldn't have...

You can't make that case. UK's returning players were beat
UNC's returning players in the NCAA last year. Our incoming freshman
class was vastly us[periro to their's. Voters have NO
trouble basing their votes on projections, as evidenced
by all those good folks who voted Harrison Barnes PRE-SEASON
All American LAST YEAR before he ever graced a collegiate
court. UNC was voted #1 because of the bias against
UK, PERIOD! Any other team in the nation that had
the same circumstance I listed would have been a RUNAWAY #1.
SPARTY Wrote:This is bad for UK!

Why? There's no BCS in basketball. We're not going to
lose ranking points by beating #3 UNC instead of beating
#1 UNC.
theVILLE Wrote:Do you all really think this helps uk'schances come Saturday? I don't see a team like unc going down twice in a week! Saturday's game will still be amazing to watch but this doesn't help uk out by a long shot! Last time in was ranked#1 as a young team what happened? Devan Downey and the gamecocks beat then. That just goes to prove anything can happen! Unlv is a hell of a team! Can shoot the ball like crazy. Isn't that where jasper went too?

Word on the street is, if you pass through Chapel Hill you can
see most of them going down any night of the week. But hey,
that's their business.

Seriously, it will be a BIG upset if they beat UK in Rupp.
DSRfan Wrote:You can't make that case. UK's returning players were beat

Attaboy.
DSRfan Wrote:You can't make that case. UK's returning players were beat

lol, yeah I can. That was LAST YEAR, this is this year. What do you not understand?

Not everyone is a UK fan man. UNC also didn't have Kendall Marshall when we played them. That's dumber than the other reasons I've heard of that should've had us at #1.

This is the earliest we've been #1 in a LONG time...Jesus Christ, just be happy with it.
And the idea of some nation-wide conspiracy against UK definitely ranks as one of the most retarded things I've heard about us...

I bet you think we're in Afghan for their minerals, and that JFK and Elvis are both alive and in fact planned the 9/11 attacks themselves huh?

UNC was voted #1 because of the bias against
UK, PERIOD!

That's how ridiculous that is.
Idk how anybody could argue that UNC shouldnt have been the preseason #1....They dindt have any players leave (they have expierence) they have a good class..UK had the #1 recruiting class... They didnt return as many, Kendall Marshall is a key to UNC team and he wasnt playing last time UK played them..UK has deserved the #1 spot now so just be happy like vundy said. UNC also has the best player in the country in barnes and great big men with expierence and a great PG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I do think Kendall Marshall is the key...he'll hold that team together. If they beat us, I think it will be the result of his play mostly.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, yeah I can. That was LAST YEAR, this is this year. What do you not understand?

Not everyone is a UK fan man. UNC also didn't have Kendall Marshall when we played them. That's dumber than the other reasons I've heard of that should've had us at #1.

This is the earliest we've been #1 in a LONG time...Jesus Christ, just be happy with it.

They had Marshall starting the second time we played them. But I understand your logic.
Not really, he came back and played. But he was on crutches afterwards..
40-0
Aslan Wrote:They had Marshall starting the second time we played them. But I understand your logic.

I know, I was referring to him being a returning starter. lol, doesn't really look like it though.

I just think they talent level isn't that different, and that we have less experience and are more unknown, which is a risky thing. UNC has more and we've seen what these players do so it's a much better bet. That's why I think UNC earned their #1 until now, and the fact that they hadn't lost, just like Duke hasn't. I definitely think the idea of a conspiracy against UK one of the most retarded damn things I've ever heard though.

And DSR, I'm not calling you retarded so don't get pissy. It just sounds so funny.
We should get the "40-0" famous...we could have it on shirts. hahaha.

It'd be easy. Just spread the word on comments of sports pages...any of you are writers, write about it.
^ Go ahead, get your tee-shirt now.

I'm going to wait until April though....
So much was going on in my life over the weekend that I just now caught wind of UNC getting beat.. All I can say is WOW!
vundy33 Wrote:We should get the "40-0" famous...we could have it on shirts. hahaha.

It'd be easy. Just spread the word on comments of sports pages...any of you are writers, write about it.

Zaga!
Would of liked to have seen the 1 vs 2 matchup with UNC and UK but Ill never complain about the tar heels losing!!