Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UNLV 90 - (1) North Carolina 80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
This is really gonna make our beatdown of UNC not look as good.

UNC just ran into a better team tonight.
Honestly, they probably would have beaten UK because we played poorly as well only we got a much worse Portland team.
Moser for UNLV is a beast on the boards. He had 16 pts and 18 rebounds.

This one is still surprising.
Looks like UK will be number 1 when Carolina travels to Rupp.
UK will be #1 in Mondays rankings
Love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNLV can flat out shoot the ball.

UK is #1 come Monday
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is really gonna make our beatdown of UNC not look as good.

UNC just ran into a better team tonight.
Honestly, they probably would have beaten UK because we played poorly as well only we got a much worse Portland team.
Moser for UNLV is a beast on the boards. He had 16 pts and 18 rebounds.

This one is still surprising.
Looks like UK will be number 1 when Carolina travels to Rupp.

UNLV is not better than North Carolina man...come on dude. lol..they got snuck up on, in a tough environment, and weren't the best team tonight.

The UK-UNC game is still going to be epic.
And UNLV played the best game they will play all season...man what a great day.
vundy33 Wrote:UNLV is not better than North Carolina man...come on dude. lol..they got snuck up on, in a tough environment, and weren't the best team tonight.

The UK-UNC game is still going to be epic.

Im allowed to troll on UNC lol
Hell, how good of a day has this been?!!?!?!?

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!
Reasons like this is why UK clearly shoud've been ranked #1. I hate the bias towards UNC. Say what you want, but UK has played teams similar to this quality, and has survived while not playing their best. UNC has one great player who tends to disappear at times. One great defensive player who I have better posts moves than. And a few other decent players. UK has 7+ future NBA players on the roster, enough said.
I'm disappointed they lost. I wanted UK to be the first team to beat them, take the #1 ranking, and get all the national publicity. The game is going to be sweet, but #1 vs #2, both undefeated would've been so much better. A lot of the luster is gone. Hopefully we keep the #1 ranking longer than one week Big Grin
40-0 #8
Aslan Wrote:Reasons like this is why UK clearly shoud've been ranked #1. I hate the bias towards UNC. Say what you want, but UK has played teams similar to this quality, and has survived while not playing their best. UNC has one great player who tends to disappear at times. One great defensive player who I have better posts moves than. And a few other decent players. UK has 7+ future NBA players on the roster, enough said.
I'm disappointed they lost. I wanted UK to be the first team to beat them, take the #1 ranking, and get all the national publicity. The game is going to be sweet, but #1 vs #2, both undefeated would've been so much better. A lot of the luster is gone. Hopefully we keep the #1 ranking longer than one week Big Grin
40-0 #8

Arguing that is just dumb man. UNC deserved to be ranked #1 with their experience and talent and they were. This doesn't prove they shouldn't have...
Losing tonight show they didnt "deserve" it.
But theyve sure as hell lost it.
No it doesn't! This isn't football! Do you know ANYTHING about basketball man?!

Up until tonight, they EARNED their ranking. You can't just give the #1 ranking to a UK team with 3 new starters, while ranking UNC who returns all starters who are damn good players. It just doesn't make any sense!

Now, we have earned the #1 ranking, and UNC let it go. But to say this proves that UNC shouldn't have been ranked #1 before tonight is just crazy and makes no sense...
vundy33 Wrote:No it doesn't! This isn't football! Do you know ANYTHING about basketball man?!

Up until tonight, they EARNED their ranking. You can't just give the #1 ranking to a UK team with 3 new starters, while ranking UNC who returns all starters who are damn good players. It just doesn't make any sense!

Now, we have earned the #1 ranking, and UNC let it go. But to say this proves that UNC shouldn't have been ranked #1 before tonight is just crazy and makes no sense...

Damn, you get mad awful easy.
Anger management much?

I obviously know NC should have been ranked number one.
Damn, nobody is that stupid.

Just trolling....
Well I'm extremely biased. UNC returned 4 or 5 starters, I have no idea who their 2 is, but he's irrelevant. UK basically returned three starters, had possibly the greatest recruiting class ever(if not, it's just behind Walls class), and a total of at least 7 future NBA players. Also we beat this exact same UNC team last year in the elite 8. You tell me.
^#1 UNC Sucks
#2 The Fab Five is pretty much the golden standard of recruiting classes lol
I'm weird on being superstitious. So I hate just saying that UK will go 40-0. But if they do, I'd be the happiest little feller on this earth! But after watching UNC tonight! Kentucky definitely will be #1 come Monday. But one thing that scares me is that tonight UNLV hit I think somewhere around double digits from 3 point land. So maybe UNLV just played a perfect game. I don't know, didn't watch but the last 3 minutes.

All in all though, I believe the Cats will beat UNC come next week. I just hate the #1 being stuck on our back. But if their is a team to take any ones best game and still win, it would be this team!

Go CATS!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:^#1 UNC Sucks
#2 The Fab Five is pretty much the golden standard of recruiting classes lol

IMO Walls and this class is better. I'm very biased Big Grin
vundy33 Wrote:No it doesn't! This isn't football! Do you know ANYTHING about basketball man?!

Great post vundy!
This is a little surprising. But, UNLV is a little better team then what they are getting credit for. 7-0 now and only one win has been less than double digits (Nevada 4 pts). That being said, UNC would proly beat them by 20 the next time they played. But, on this night UNLV, just played a better game. Happens all the time.
Do you all really think this helps uk'schances come Saturday? I don't see a team like unc going down twice in a week! Saturday's game will still be amazing to watch but this doesn't help uk out by a long shot! Last time in was ranked#1 as a young team what happened? Devan Downey and the gamecocks beat then. That just goes to prove anything can happen! Unlv is a hell of a team! Can shoot the ball like crazy. Isn't that where jasper went too?
^
First of all were not gonna lose.

Secondly, Japer is not there now.
^ Did he graduate or just not play? I couldn't find any stats for his SR year.
I like how some are supporting a shitty football team with an awful coach and yet are not getting behind the only thing UK has to be proud of.
Say what you want, U deserves this ranking now. Not a one loss UNC.
This is bad for UK!
OffTheHook Wrote:^ Did he graduate or just not play? I couldn't find any stats for his SR year.

Done graduated i think. He should have been a senior last year
That I correct! I remembered him playin and wasn't for sure if he was a senior or what happened
^
Yea, i think UNLV beat Lville last year while he was a senior, i think i remember watching the game
That is correct. Maybe the year before that in by sure. Unlv is a legit team to play in march and always has a dangerously good shooting team!
^
UNLV could have beat any team in the country last night.
That is true man! They are a legit team with great shooters! Sure unc should have beaten them, but that's why they play the game! I can't put unc down for this loss because that team went crazy
Pages: 1 2