Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 49 - Pikeville 46 (59th District)
My bad then..
I know some on here disagree, but I do think this has to be looked at as an upset. For one thing, Pikeville was considered by most to be either the #2 0r #3 team in the region this year, so to get beat out this early is surprising.

I still think Pikeville had too much talent to get beat out this early. They will have to simply get back to work and look toward next year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I know some on here disagree, but I do think this has to be looked at as an upset. For one thing, Pikeville was considered by most to be either the #2 0r #3 team in the region this year, so to get beat out this early is surprising.

I still think Pikeville had too much talent to get beat out this early. They will have to simply get back to work and look toward next year.

This seems to be a recurring theme around the end of February each year in Pikeville. The school seems satisfied.

Pikeville seems to always get worse as the season goes on.

The last three years they lost to ER with there own 6'8" big man in the first round of district. Then they lost in first game of Super Regional to Belfry who they beat at Belfry by 40 two weeks earlier. This year they lose this game. There is a definate trend happening, imo.
Most of the kids on the team can't wait to get the season over with due to the Head Coach.
fred taylor Wrote:Most of the kids on the team can't wait to get the season over with due to the Head Coach.
Annnnnnnd here is another false statement. Not one kid on that team wanted the season to end. And if they did, they were the minority and honestly don't need to be out there in the first place. If you talk to the players I don't believe you will come out with the conclusion that he is unliked. It is literally impossible for him to please everyone. Only 5 of 15 can be the floor at once. At one position espcially, 3 players had to share time at one spot, and I thought Coach Williams handled it very well by playing the players who were playing the best. But to say that the kids wanted the season to end is a ridiculous and false statement.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Annnnnnnd here is another false statement. Not one kid on that team wanted the season to end. And if they did, they were the minority and honestly don't need to be out there in the first place. If you talk to the players I don't believe you will come out with the conclusion that he is unliked. It is literally impossible for him to please everyone. Only 5 of 15 can be the floor at once. At one position espcially, 3 players had to share time at one spot, and I thought Coach Williams handled it very well by playing the players who were playing the best. But to say that the kids wanted the season to end is a ridiculous and false statement.

I do not feel that Coach Williams is the right coach for Pikeville.