Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 49 - Pikeville 46 (59th District)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
East Ridge holds off the Panthers to set up a rematch with Shelby Valley on Weds at 8:30 pm in the Championship game. Congrats to East Ridge, and great season Panthers!!
with this win, East Ridge also punch in their ticket to the 15th region tournament at the Expo!!
East Ridge defeats Pikeville 49-46
Congrats ER. Justice will build a solid program there.
Is that 2 years in a row that Pikeville will not be in the region tourney?
NEXT Wrote:Is that 2 years in a row that Pikeville will not be in the region tourney?

No,I dont think so.
Correct me if im wrong, but Im pretty sure they made it to the Championship game last season before losing to Shelby Valley at the end!
NYY10 Wrote:No,I dont think so.
Correct me if im wrong, but Im pretty sure they made it to the Championship game last season before losing to Shelby Valley at the end!

They lost to Belfry in the first round last year.
Lawrence Co. made it to the finals last year and I would not be surprised if they were not there again this year.
Doctor J Wrote:They lost to Belfry in the first round last year.

yea, my bad. Got confused lol..
the one I was thinking about was the year before last

but your right!!
Major turn around for the Warriors after losing to Pikeville by 15 on Feb. 2.
Just goes to show why they call it March (Feb) madness.
Pikeville's inability to convert free throws sealed their fate.
Getting to the region is great for ER seniors who have had some tough games at times this year.
NYY10 Wrote:yea, my bad. Got confused lol..
the one I was thinking about was the year before last

but your right!!

Year before last Paintsville beat JC. I believe the year before that was the year you were referring to.
Congrats to both teams in a well played, close game. Too much of the big man down low.
congrats er. mcclanahan was a force on the block tonite.
Pikeville lost to East Ridge in the District in 2008.
Pikeville lost to Belfry in the Super District in 2009.
Pikeville loses to East Ridge in District tonight.
That's 3 years in a row that Pikeville does not make it to Regional play.:igiveup:
Congrats East Ridge!

Pikeville was said to be the 2nd best team in the region.
3 years in a row
haha good job east ridge. show valley what you guys can do on wed and go to the expo give it your all
GO WARRIORS
In my opinion, a fairly big upset. Pikeville really could not get back on the right track after they hit a late season wall. I hot that the seat does not get too hot, but they underachieved this year. I really though that they had a good shot to get to the region final.
Congrats East Ridge on a big win.
jchsrulz Wrote:Year before last Paintsville beat JC. I believe the year before that was the year you were referring to.

Gaw .. Where have I been lol..
How can anybody say this was a upset. Pikeville has not been to a regional game since 2007.
way to go warriors! nice win and you senior boys deserve it.
Congrats ER, big win over pikeville. Like to give pikeville a hand too, looks like they put up a battle!
Home Court really didnt make much of a diffrence when Pikeville had just as many students there as East Ridge did.
No one should be surprised. Just another late season collapse by a Bart Williams coached team. IMO the hot seat just turned into the electric chair for Bart and he has nobody to blame but himself.
Congrats goes to East Ridge.
I was suprised that Pikeville allowed ER to get back in the game after the halftime score, the Panthers was up by nine. ER changed their defense from the "triangle and 2" in the first half to "man" in the second half. Great coaching move by Justice if you ask me. I'm sure Pikeville's coach spent most of the halftime working on how to attack ER's Triangle 2 defense. Then they come out "Man."

Again, coaching was definately the difference in the game. The Panthers kept jacking up bad shots instead of working the ball to the middle. With Layne and Rowe both inside, they should have been attacking the paint.:goofy:

At least that's the way i see it!

Congrats to the Panthers on a decent season.

...and to ER, congrats!
I think it was an upset. ER lost to pville both time by double digits this season. I'm a Ridge fan always but I just don't see us within 30 points of Valley. Let's just hope we get a win or two in region.

Nevertheless, I'll be at the championship game tomorrow night.
vundy33 Wrote:I think it was an upset. ER lost to pville both time by double digits this season. I'm a Ridge fan always but I just don't see us within 30 points of Valley. Let's just hope we get a win or two in region.

Nevertheless, I'll be at the championship game tomorrow night.

Actually ER and Pikeville split during the regular season. Each team won at home. ER won when Pikeville didn't have Gatlin Clark, and Pikeville won when Big Jake didn't play for the Tribe.
Hustle Wrote:I was suprised that Pikeville allowed ER to get back in the game after the halftime score, the Panthers was up by nine. ER changed their defense from the "triangle and 2" in the first half to "man" in the second half. Great coaching move by Justice if you ask me. I'm sure Pikeville's coach spent most of the halftime working on how to attack ER's Triangle 2 defense. Then they come out "Man."

Again, coaching was definately the difference in the game. The Panthers kept jacking up bad shots instead of working the ball to the middle. With Layne and Rowe both inside, they should have been attacking the paint.:goofy:

At least that's the way i see it!

Congrats to the Panthers on a decent season.

...and to ER, congrats!
That is the typical move of a good coach. Do not let the opposing team have time to counter your defense at half time. If the other team can not make the adjustment by using timeouts, their offense collapses. IMO, the big kid for ER took away the inside game for Pikeville. The other factor was foul shooting. Screens set on the man to man defense did not happen either. The outside shooter was closely contested on about every shot. Pikeville's defense on ER's big man did not work. Pikeville's players let him get the pass too often and once he did, he usually scored. The choice to double the big man in the paint (a high percentage shot) or to make ER shoot the long outside shot ( a low percentage shot) had to be made by the Pikeville's coaching staff.
Pages: 1 2