Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 48 - Jenkins 16
Now atleast the Cav's know where they stand and can improve.
I think they needed a lose like this. Unfortunatley they have to face a allen central team that is better than phelphs in my opinion. Did someone say Nick Taylor didn't play in the game? What happen to him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I would like to say congrats to my ole buddy, Phelps Head Coach Jesse Ray Peck and his Hornets. Keep up the hard work brother, I'm pullin for ya (until ya play my Tigers, lol)
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:I would like to say congrats to my ole buddy, Phelps Head Coach Jesse Ray Peck and his Hornets. Keep up the hard work brother, I'm pullin for ya (until ya play my Tigers, lol)

What about when they play Bradlys WarriorsConfusedhh: lol
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think they needed a lose like this. Unfortunatley they have to face a allen central team that is better than phelphs in my opinion. Did someone say Nick Taylor didn't play in the game? What happen to him?

That is correct. Nick Taylor did NOT play in this game. He had 17 staples in his head. They will be out and he will be elgiable by the Allen Central game. This should help the Cavs out tremendously. If they keep Kevin Brown at QB, and let both Taylor and Gross run the ball, they should be alright.
Before I make this statement I want it to be clear that I AM NOT BLAMING THE HIGH SCHOOL OR IT'S ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. I just think it's a shame because this is the THIRD occasion that I have been to Phelps for a sporting event and an ambulance was needed but none was present. Something needs to happen before an athlete is becomes worse because an ambulance was not on site. I think that the principal needs to get in touch with the local ambulance service to ensure that this does not happen again. I'm not just saying this because a Jenkins player got hurt. I would have said the same thing if it would have been somebody from Phelps.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think they needed a lose like this. Unfortunatley they have to face a allen central team that is better than phelphs in my opinion. Did someone say Nick Taylor didn't play in the game? What happen to him?

They needed to win this one in the worst kind of way. They face a pretty good Allen Central team next week and needed the momentum going into that one. Would have been huge to start the Larry Maggard era at Jenkins High School with a win.
If the season gets any rougher for Jenkins, they may need to take their own ambulance to away games.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If the season gets any rougher for Jenkins, they may need to take their own ambulance to away games.

Jenkins is one game into the season. Don't you think that is a little harsh to say with only one game under their belt?
To think about it, if they win against Pineville, and Harlan they host a playoff game. Year one is about rebuilding, and we knew Phelps and Allen Central is bringing a lot back this year. I think that Jenkins will win some games, but they need to win against either Pineville or Harlan to not be last place in the district. That is there first goal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Real Badman Wrote:What about when they play Bradlys WarriorsConfusedhh: lol

Well, if ya go to the prediction thead for that game, you will see that I couldn't pick against either one of my buddies, so I predicted the game to end in a tie, lol.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Congrats to Phelps and Coach Peck.
CavsFan Wrote:Before I make this statement I want it to be clear that I AM NOT BLAMING THE HIGH SCHOOL OR IT'S ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. I just think it's a shame because this is the THIRD occasion that I have been to Phelps for a sporting event and an ambulance was needed but none was present. Something needs to happen before an athlete is becomes worse because an ambulance was not on site. I think that the principal needs to get in touch with the local ambulance service to ensure that this does not happen again. I'm not just saying this because a Jenkins player got hurt. I would have said the same thing if it would have been somebody from Phelps.

First off, I do agree with you that medical personnel do need to be present at any sporting event.

Secondly, I wanted to reinforce that most ambulances were on severe accidents that night as I do believe 6+ people were involved in the one in Pikeville and not sure how many with the one in Freeburn. I have personally been at quite a few games at Phelps and there has always been one present unless they have been called out. Heck, I was at Belfry last season and the ambulance on site was called out and left during the 3rd quarter! What does help in that situtation, Belfry has a team Dr. and he is present at all Belfry games. Maybe that would be an option, if there were a nurse or EMT that could travel with the teams (Not just Jenkins) all teams, it might would ensure that the young men playing football (and young ladies playing other sports) received medical treatment to stablize them in case of an emergency. Just a thought.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]