Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blaming Bush for New Orleans
BFritz Wrote:Stupid comparison why? Because they're two unrelated things? It's showing that people who want to do something can do it, as opposed to people not taking responsibility for not doing something when they were given a four days notice.

I understand not wanting to leave their homes, but when they say it's coming and they warn of it, it's people's jobs to say "oh, maybe we should leave."

Nobody's disputing that, but everyone else could have done more, also.

absolutely correct :thumpsup:
BFritz Wrote:Stupid comparison why? Because they're two unrelated things? It's showing that people who want to do something can do it, as opposed to people not taking responsibility for not doing something when they were given a four days notice.

I understand not wanting to leave their homes, but when they say it's coming and they warn of it, it's people's jobs to say "oh, maybe we should leave."

Nobody's disputing that, but everyone else could have done more, also.
The only way your argument holds up is if the exact same people that went to the Inaugural celebration were the exact same people that were left behind or stayed behind during Katrina.

Otherwise its a biggoted statement.
DevilsWin Wrote:The only way your argument holds up is if the exact same people that went to the Inaugural celebration were the exact same people that were left behind or stayed behind during Katrina.

Otherwise its a biggoted statement.

Did Kanye say "George Bush doesn't care about THE BLACK PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS but he cares about all other black people"? What about all of the other celebrities, talk shows, experts, news stations, and whatever else that blamed Bush for New Orleans, did they make a clear distinction?

So, there's many, many other biggoted statements that my post is in reference to.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Fritz,
You always pretend as if your replies and arguments are so deep and eloquent and that no one else EVER makes a valid point unless it agrees with you. So I would love to hear your argument and reasoning, which you ALWAYS say others never provide when debating with some of your ridiculous posts, I would love to hear your rebuttal to one question:
Honestly, how can you start with "This isn't racist" then go onto make one of the most sickening, absolutely amazing statements I have ever heard, about 2 million African-Americans going to D.C. and not being able to get out of N.O. ? If it wasn't meant to be racist, you would have made no mention of race at all, in your pathetic argument, which I still haven't concluded is more of a hate towards African-Americans or another one of your useless and lame attempts to jab at the Democratic party and Pres Obama.

It's plain and simple: you can't make an argument to this. If race wasn't meant to be at question here, you would have said "2 million Americans." Do you REALLY believe every person affected by Katrina was African-American? If you say no, then you have just proven the point that you were only downgrading those of non-white race.
But most importantly, you wouldn't have opened with "This isn't racist." Did you really think saying that was gonna deter anyone from reading into what you were doing?

I have no problem with people making an argument about the disaster in N.O., who was to blame, etc. But your method was absolutely the most disgusting, vile way anyone could go about it. DevilsWin made mention of jokes being passed. When I first read your thread, that's exactly what came to my mind. That it was gonna be one of those classless jokes that bigots make between each other to make themselves feel better about themselves. I was truly amazed when I realized it was no joke, but your honest opinion on the matter.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Fritz,
You always pretend as if your replies and arguments are so deep and eloquent and that no one else EVER makes a valid point unless it agrees with you. So I would love to hear your argument and reasoning, which you ALWAYS say others never provide when debating with some of your ridiculous posts, I would love to hear your rebuttal to one question:
Honestly, how can you start with "This isn't racist" then go onto make one of the most sickening, absolutely amazing statements I have ever heard, about 2 million African-Americans going to D.C. and not being able to get out of N.O. ? If it wasn't meant to be racist, you would have made no mention of race at all, in your pathetic argument, which I still haven't concluded is more of a hate towards African-Americans or another one of your useless and lame attempts to jab at the Democratic party and Pres Obama.

It's plain and simple: you can't make an argument to this. If race wasn't meant to be at question here, you would have said "2 million Americans." Do you REALLY believe every person affected by Katrina was African-American? If you say no, then you have just proven the point that you were only downgrading those of non-white race.
But most importantly, you wouldn't have opened with "This isn't racist." Did you really think saying that was gonna deter anyone from reading into what you were doing?

I have no problem with people making an argument about the disaster in N.O., who was to blame, etc. But your method was absolutely the most disgusting, vile way anyone could go about it. DevilsWin made mention of jokes being passed. When I first read your thread, that's exactly what came to my mind. That it was gonna be one of those classless jokes that bigots make between each other to make themselves feel better about themselves. I was truly amazed when I realized it was no joke, but your honest opinion on the matter.

It's plain and simple, the post was in response to tons of people saying that Bush ddin't care about the black people from New Orleans, but you rarely hear about the white people who didn't get out.

I started that way, because that was the way the statement was presented to me, and I gave it the way I got it.

When have I ever taken shots at Obama? I've said that if he does what he promised to do and turns things around, then I'll support him. I've only taken shots and things that seemed ironic, like Obama's spending on his inauguration party.

Also, it's not hating or saying that they're incapable, it was just saying how people blame Bush because, apparantly, they couldn't help themselves. You mainly heard about African-Americans, but not about all the other people.

You think that my opinion was racist, well I think that most of the posts about the situation were reverse racism.

It was started when people said "Bush didn't get the black people out of New Orleans and doesn't care about them," so why would race not be used in the rebuttal?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Bush had nothing to do with the N.O. disaster. He may of responded quicker and better, but a lot of delegated people and state and local people dropped the ball as well. This is certainly not something that you can easily say was all the fault of Bush. Remember, he didn't cause the hurricane. Now as for Iraq, that would be a different matter.

IMO, anyone who stayed behind in N.O. is simply put, stupid!!! I seen the radar 2 days before it hit, was well aware of what the potential would be if it hit N.O., I don't claim to be a hurricane expert and I live a long way from N.O., and I can say one thing - I'd have left that place without a second thought even if I had had to walk out of there. Anyone who stayed had plenty of time to get out. So what do you expect?

BTW Bfritz, God does not hate the Steelers!! You are just jealous that we are the best NFL team!!!!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Bush had nothing to do with the N.O. disaster. He may of responded quicker and better, but a lot of delegated people and state and local people dropped the ball as well. This is certainly not something that you can easily say was all the fault of Bush. Remember, he didn't cause the hurricane. Now as for Iraq, that would be a different matter.

IMO, anyone who stayed behind in N.O. is simply put, stupid!!! I seen the radar 2 days before it hit, was well aware of what the potential would be if it hit N.O., I don't claim to be a hurricane expert and I live a long way from N.O., and I can say one thing - I'd have left that place without a second thought even if I had had to walk out of there. Anyone who stayed had plenty of time to get out. So what do you expect?

BTW Bfritz, God does not hate the Steelers!! You are just jealous that we are the best NFL team!!!!!
God DOES hate the Steelers:bigeyed:

I agree, and I found this site- http://www.tribstar.com/opinion/local_st...51834.html

First of all, it has basically the same thing that I've said throughout this thread, and that is that the media overplayed race in the whole ordeal.

Has some interesting things but basically says that 67% of New Orleans was black, as opposed to the national average of 12.9% (that was 3 years ago, I believe it's much higher now), so 55% higher than the nation as a whole gave the media an easy excuse to play the race card. White people actually died out of proportion more than blacks, but you don't hear about that type of thing. If you listened to the news, celebrities, etc., you'd think that it was 95% black.

I didn't really mean this as a thread to blame African-Americans for anything, but it was more about holding people accountable for their own actions and wrongly placing the blame on the easiest candidate, which happened to be Bush.
BFritz Wrote:Did Kanye say "George Bush doesn't care about THE BLACK PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS but he cares about all other black people"? What about all of the other celebrities, talk shows, experts, news stations, and whatever else that blamed Bush for New Orleans, did they make a clear distinction?

So, there's many, many other biggoted statements that my post is in reference to.
So you think one biggoted statement deserves another?

Thats really taking the high road there bud!
BFritz Wrote:It's plain and simple, the post was in response to tons of people saying that Bush ddin't care about the black people from New Orleans, but you rarely hear about the white people who didn't get out.

I started that way, because that was the way the statement was presented to me, and I gave it the way I got it.

When have I ever taken shots at Obama? I've said that if he does what he promised to do and turns things around, then I'll support him. I've only taken shots and things that seemed ironic, like Obama's spending on his inauguration party.

Also, it's not hating or saying that they're incapable, it was just saying how people blame Bush because, apparantly, they couldn't help themselves. You mainly heard about African-Americans, but not about all the other people.

You think that my opinion was racist, well I think that most of the posts about the situation were reverse racism.

It was started when people said "Bush didn't get the black people out of New Orleans and doesn't care about them," so why would race not be used in the rebuttal?

Reverse racism? White People are just as mad about New Orleans as Black People!

How is white criticism of a white president Reverse Racism?:lmao:
EKY Sportster Wrote:Bush had nothing to do with the N.O. disaster. He may of responded quicker and better, but a lot of delegated people and state and local people dropped the ball as well. This is certainly not something that you can easily say was all the fault of Bush. Remember, he didn't cause the hurricane. Now as for Iraq, that would be a different matter.

Tell that to the White People who drowned in the nursing home because the director of the facility decided not to evacuate!

Some of you people are a ignorant as you are stupid!
DevilsWin Wrote:Tell that to the White People who drowned in the nursing home because the director of the facility decided not to evacuate!

Ouch!
DevilsWin Wrote:Tell that to the White People who drowned in the nursing home because the director of the facility decided not to evacuate!

Irony is my favorite form of humor. Thanks!!!:letsparty

Oh, and George Bush was the director of the facility?

You're taking it completely out of context- he obviously meant the people who could leave but chose not to.

That's been your whole strategy with this thread: just insult people, offer some decent points but just accuse everyone else of having no merit and taking their comments out of context to make yourself look better and to avoid addressing the points of the post.
BFritz Wrote:Oh, and George Bush was the director of the facility?

You're taking it completely out of context- he obviously meant the people who could leave but chose not to.

That's been your whole strategy with this thread: just insult people, offer some decent points but just accuse everyone else of having no merit and taking their comments out of context to make yourself look better and to avoid addressing the points of the post.
I think I've addressed every point.

What about the ones that wanted to leave and couldn't?

I guess you're calling them stupid too.
BFritz Wrote:Oh, and George Bush was the director of the facility?

More Bfritz BSTongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Irony is my favorite form of humor. Thanks!!!:letsparty
:moon:
DevilsWin Wrote:I think I've addressed every point.

What about the ones that wanted to leave and couldn't?

I guess you're calling them stupid too.
You just admitted that there was people that could have left and didn't, but yet you still argue that Bush should have brought in people to hold their hands and say "you need to leave because all these news stations aren't lying."
BFritz Wrote:You just admitted that there was people that could have left and didn't, but yet you still argue that Bush should have brought in people to hold their hands and say "you need to leave because all these news stations aren't lying."
When did I ever say that?

What post?
DevilsWin Wrote:When did I ever say that?

What post?
You didn't, sorry, I'm getting this thread mixed up with another thread.

But that's what a lot of people are basically saying.

I kind of felt like you were saying that when you were calling me racist for posting this. I didn't mean it as racist, but maybe it did come off a bit like that, but I still feel like it's people, both white and black, not taking responsibility for their own actions.

If someone says "there's a natural disaster coming that could be dangerous," I'm in my wheelchair wheeling myself far, far away.

Not necessarily defending Bush, but what did you want him to do? Go down there personally and make sure everyone got out. Too many people to do that. That is why we have delegation of duties. Why didn't the Mayor, the Governor, the Nursing Home Director (in your example) get the people out? You can't lay everything at Bush's doorstep even though you'd like to! Big Grin

Bottom line, a lot of stupid people chose not to leave, a lot of local, state and federal officials dropped the ball. Trace it to Bush if you wish, but what are our local and state officials for then?? If I had lived there at the time, I wouldn't be waiting on the federal government to do anything for me. I'd be getting out of there. The state and local government as well. And we won't even discuss the Superdome! What a screwed up bunch of BS that was. I guess that was Bush's fault too! Ha!

BTW, we lost power in most of eastern Kentucky last week, was that Obama's fault? I don't think so, but according to your logic it would be Obama's fault that power wasn't restored sooner!
BFritz Wrote:You didn't, sorry, I'm getting this thread mixed up with another thread.

But that's what a lot of people are basically saying.

I kind of felt like you were saying that when you were calling me racist for posting this. I didn't mean it as racist, but maybe it did come off a bit like that, but I still feel like it's people, both white and black, not taking responsibility for their own actions.

If someone says "there's a natural disaster coming that could be dangerous," I'm in my wheelchair wheeling myself far, far away.

Perception is reality. Big Grin
EKY Sportster Wrote:Not necessarily defending Bush, but what did you want him to do? Go down there personally and make sure everyone got out. Too many people to do that. That is why we have delegation of duties. Why didn't the Mayor, the Governor, the Nursing Home Director (in your example) get the people out? You can't lay everything at Bush's doorstep even though you'd like to! Big Grin

Bottom line, a lot of stupid people chose not to leave, a lot of local, state and federal officials dropped the ball. Trace it to Bush if you wish, but what are our local and state officials for then?? If I had lived there at the time, I wouldn't be waiting on the federal government to do anything for me. I'd be getting out of there. The state and local government as well. And we won't even discuss the Superdome! What a screwed up bunch of BS that was. I guess that was Bush's fault too! Ha!

BTW, we lost power in most of eastern Kentucky last week, was that Obama's fault? I don't think so, but according to your logic it would be Obama's fault that power wasn't restored sooner!
Yes, if crews had not been dispatched and 700,000 were still without power a week or more into the storm we would be well within our rights to be mad at the Governor and the President.

The slow reation from the federal govt and Bush's reluctance to travel to the New Orleans area(unlike what he did at ground zero) were what soiled his reputation.

Then, once he finally got there he still didn't get the whole picture.
Isn't it a little bogus to suggest that there are those who blame Bush II for a hurricane? The real issue isn't either that Bush II caused people to stay in the Ninth Ward or in nursing homes. That Bush II did not grasp the enormity of the disaster, that his administration was tardy in response, that FEMA was a bungled mess, again, these are facts that are not disputed by most, if not all, objective observers.
Since when has the federal government ever acted quickly on anything? Bush didn't get a lot of things unfortunately and this may have made him unpopular, but that still doesn't mean that it is his fault. Mother nature caused the hurricane and a lot of the people that stayed have to take responsibility for their actions or the actions of their caretakers!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Since when has the federal government ever acted quickly on anything? Bush didn't get a lot of things unfortunately and this may have made him unpopular, but that still doesn't mean that it is his fault. Mother nature caused the hurricane and a lot of the people that stayed have to take responsibility for their actions or the actions of their caretakers!

Declaring emergencies and granting disaster relief often occur quickly. Blaming people for believing they might somehow salvage a bit of all that they have in the world, and that which they could not replace seems a tad on the over the top side.