Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 76 - Pike Central 64 (OT)
Smile wow u guys sound really smart. dont be mad and behave like your players did on saturday. just take it and go on...
blueballer53 Wrote:The player from pcc was wrong for flipping off the crowd, but then again 30 and 40 year old Phelps fans were wrong for taunting a sophmore in high school. If you expect our youth to display good sportmanship how about the adults lead by example. When he was walking off the court even pcc assistant coach was telling him to just ignore ignorance, but then again he retailiated in the same manner.
Like you said he was wrong for doing that and it wasn't good that adults would taunt him. But fact of the matter is it will happen and would have happened at any place not just Phelps. If it would have been the other way around it would have been the same way, if it would have been at Belfry the same thing. Some people just take things overboard, but that is were the kids have to know to keep their cool, because that was wrong no matter how you slice it.
As for the quote made about Clay and cussing the officials, I'm sorry but he is not the only one who ever cusses the officials. Nearly every coach out there does and that is part of the game. An official has the ability to call a T and shut them up, but most of them don't even pay it any mind.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Phelps fans are horrible they cuss more then anyone

imo **** phelps

yeah you have no wright to talk PCC's fans are no Angels and players need to learn where they are playing at one day hes gonna start some fan/player he wont want to play with he better have been glad the coach kept his players calmed down cause i know some of the phelps boys who when u get started that player better hope hes got some friends:moon:
I don't doubt that all coaches say more than they should to the ref's but Clay was loud enough for my 7 year old to hear it and it was very upsetting.
Jay#4 Wrote:Thats very true. It was somewhere around 49 for phelps and somewhere around 18 for Pike Central.. Very one sided if you ask me.

Well see how it turns out when Phelps comes to our house.

Son it dont matter where Phelps plays they always come with their game faces on ready to play so PCC beter be ready to play another game when they do come over thereBig Grin
blueballer53 Wrote:I don't doubt that all coaches say more than they should to the ref's but Clay was loud enough for my 7 year old to hear it and it was very upsetting.

yeah Clay can get a lil out of hand sometimes but hes a really great guy:thumpsup:
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:yeah you have no wright to talk PCC's fans are no Angels and players need to learn where they are playing at one day hes gonna start some fan/player he wont want to play with he better have been glad the coach kept his players calmed down cause i know some of the phelps boys who when u get started that player better hope hes got some friends:moon:

If you got elbowed in the face numerous times with no call you would of done the same and as for the implication that the Phelps boys would all attack one player is a little ignorant and immature don't you think?
blueballer53 Wrote:If you got elbowed in the face numerous times with no call you would of done the same and as for the implication that the Phelps boys would all attack one player is a little ignorant and immature don't you think?

your right im just sayin if he would have started something and his friends jumped in that the phelps players always got their team mates back and i heard that phelps player was comming down with the rebound when he elboed the guy in the face
blueballer53 Wrote:I don't doubt that all coaches say more than they should to the ref's but Clay was loud enough for my 7 year old to hear it and it was very upsetting.

makes them grow up fast..

I am sure that Clay is the only coach that has ever said more than he should to the ref's and someone over hear him. Suck it up and take the loss Phelps beat PCC. :Clap:
he was not elbowing intentionally. if you ask me hager showed a great amount of maturity by not retaliating. as for the calls, they were bad on both sides. i can see why phelps shot 49 free throws. 4 of those were technicals, in a row. pike central was playing rough, probably because they were upset with the way they were playing. except for hobo who was the only reason they were in the game. as for the fans, pike centrals is ten times worse, and dont forget the man in b team who had to have the cops called on him. and that wasnt even at central. think about the way your own fans act before saying anything about anyone elses. anyway, congrats phelps.
I did not attend this game. Is Phelps good this year or does PC have another losing season ahead of them?
If...Then Wrote:I did not attend this game. Is Phelps good this year or does PC have another losing season ahead of them?

did you quit? i thought you were a member of the team?
wELL sounds like I missed a really good game........Congrats to the Hornet BOYS!!!!!! I know one thing for sure our little school may be small but, in some sports we can still hang with the big boys!!!!
Footballhillbilly25 Wrote:Son it dont matter where Phelps plays they always come with their game faces on ready to play so PCC beter be ready to play another game when they do come over thereBig Grin

I sir am no relation to you. :dontthink
HORNET POWER Wrote:LOL,WHEN PHELPS WINS IT'S ALWAYS BAD OFFICIATING,I WAS AT THE GAME,THERE WERE SOME BAD CALLS BOTH WAYS,AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK BAD OFFICIATING ,TRY WHEN PHELPS GIRLS PLAYED PCC @ PCC LAST YEAR,I'VE BEEN GOING TO GAMES FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS AND THAT WAS THE WORST CALLED GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN.AND I WOULD ALMOST BET THE SAME OFFICIALS WILL PROBABLY BE THERE TO HELP THE HAWKS THIS YEAR
i agree, 100% phelps has great basketball teams, we just dont get the credit we deserve
People all followers of a team have their bad apples and all teams have their bad apples who let their emotions get the best of them it happens big deal. These two teams have started a good ole fasion rivalry something this region has lacked in Pike County since the division of districts.

As for Coach Cambell cussing its not that big of a deal, with the society we live in today kids hear much worse simply in the schools by other students even at the age of 7 any more. As a soccer coach I have let my self get caught up in the moment a few times but thats apart of being a fan, coach and/or player. Where he line is drawn is when a kid throws a punch at another kid IMO.

COngrats Phelps on the win. Now come on Coach Thompson and the Hawks we can get them in the Nest. Take it one game at a time.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:People all followers of a team have their bad apples and all teams have their bad apples who let their emotions get the best of them it happens big deal. These two teams have started a good ole fasion rivalry something this region has lacked in Pike County since the division of districts.

As for Coach Cambell cussing its not that big of a deal, with the society we live in today kids hear much worse simply in the schools by other students even at the age of 7 any more. As a soccer coach I have let my self get caught up in the moment a few times but thats apart of being a fan, coach and/or player. Where he line is drawn is when a kid throws a punch at another kid IMO.

COngrats Phelps on the win. Now come on Coach Thompson and the Hawks we can get them in the Nest. Take it one game at a time.

I Agree 100%.:thumpsup:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:People all followers of a team have their bad apples and all teams have their bad apples who let their emotions get the best of them it happens big deal. These two teams have started a good ole fasion rivalry something this region has lacked in Pike County since the division of districts.

:thumpsup:
Another surprising loss for PC. I would not have predicted the outcome of this game.

Well said.......Big Grin
Congrats Hornets
EKU99 Wrote:he was not elbowing intentionally. if you ask me hager showed a great amount of maturity by not retaliating. as for the calls, they were bad on both sides. i can see why phelps shot 49 free throws. 4 of those were technicals, in a row. pike central was playing rough, probably because they were upset with the way they were playing. except for hobo who was the only reason they were in the game. as for the fans, pike centrals is ten times worse, and dont forget the man in b team who had to have the cops called on him. and that wasnt even at central. think about the way your own fans act before saying anything about anyone elses. anyway, congrats phelps.

I agree 100%, PCC fans are 10 times worse, they talk to our players like a dog and i was at the game also and yes the hager kid showed a great amount of maturity by not retaliating, phelps players always has shown great respect for everyone they play, they dont get mad and act like that kid did and Ryan Hager and Dillion Stiltner are awesome as well as all the players from Phelps. Phelps is 4-0. Go Phelps.
blueballer53 Wrote:The player from pcc was wrong for flipping off the crowd, but then again 30 and 40 year old Phelps fans were wrong for taunting a sophmore in high school. If you expect our youth to display good sportmanship how about the adults lead by example. When he was walking off the court even pcc assistant coach was telling him to just ignore ignorance, but then again he retailiated in the same manner.

Well what about the PCC fans, they are alot worse and when our players come to PC, they always get talked to like dogs and you dont see them flipping anyone off. I do agree with one thing you said 30 and 40 year olds shouldnt taunt any player so we will see if the same dont happen when we come there as it always does. Phelps played Pikeville and it was a great game, Pikeville really showed great sportsmanship. They didnt flip anyone off. The boy that flipped the fans off got mad because of something that was an accident anyway. Coleman and Hager both were going up for a rebound and Hager accidently elbowed him, could have happened to anyone. Well Phelps is 4-0, Way to go Phelps Hornets.