Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell 79 - Jackson City 74 (OT)
Pirates looked a little rusty in this one but still come out with a win. After loosing 2 of their best players I dont think anyone knew what to expect, but the boys went out, played hard and came up with a win
The Pirates played pretty well from what part of the game I saw.Some players really stepped up and showed what they could do.

*Creech-Played excellent knocked down some big free throws and finished the night off with 26 points.

*Reed- Had a good game with around 10 points and 8 boards.

*Arvin- Played hard but just didnt score like he normally does, did have a couple big plays.

*Rice- Really impressed me with his D and rebounding. finished with 11 boards and not sure on the points somewhere around 10 or so.

*Conley- Played a great game. Desroyed JC in the post. Came up with 26 points and 12 rebounds.
Powell started off sloppy and took awhile to get going. Creech and Conley played good and this team just never quit. Congrats Powell co.
Wow, surprised at this score for the JC Tigers to take PC into overtime. But after I think back , I remember JC always had a scrappy bunch of players that never did give up and played hard every minute of the game. Does anyone have any of the stats on the JC Tigers for this game.
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:I agree there is not a better student section that i have seen this year......they couldnt seem to get in to Pedro's head tho....he had a great game i heard he had 33??

I beg to differ my friend, I gave Pedro **** allnite, and by the 4th quarter he was missing EVERYTHING. Now i come tofindout he wants to killme!!!LMAO:redboxer:
What about that student section from Powell!!!!!!!!!!
Reed had a good game.
Creech stepped up.
Conely tore the boards down.
Ryan Fraley got into Pedro's head and terrified him.
youcantseeme85 Wrote:There really isnt a better student section than Powell. Pedro was just to good he didnt even care wht the fans had to say. He jus zoned them out and played his game

There is No better student section, true that! Pedro was affected by us fans.
Give my boys Morgan Reed and Carlisle Creech alot of props cause as sophmores they are stepping it up. And i expect them to lead this PowellCounty squad by midseason,with their talent, dedication, and heart!
Ky313 Wrote:I beg to differ my friend, I gave Pedro **** allnite, and by the 4th quarter he was missing EVERYTHING. Now i come tofindout he wants to killme!!!LMAO:redboxer:

I beg to differ my friend, Pedro had 31 points, and the reason he was missing shots in the end was because he was the only starter Jackson had left in the game and was having to force tough shots. And so everyone from Powells student section knows, Pedro is from Chicago, and last time I checked, u dont need a green card to get into Kentucky from Illinois
Pedro was a very talented guard and i was impressed with him.
He did take badd shots and they just wouldnt fall for him like they did early on in the game
the1andonly Wrote:I beg to differ my friend, Pedro had 31 points, and the reason he was missing shots in the end was because he was the only starter Jackson had left in the game and was having to force tough shots. And so everyone from Powells student section knows, Pedro is from Chicago, and last time I checked, u dont need a green card to get into Kentucky from Illinois

I agree he take bad shots, and the reson for that is because he was TORE UP FROM THE FLOOR UP!!! The entire 4th quarter.
Well this game is over and done with so move on to the next game. U can stay on one game when tht one is finished u got to look forward to the next one
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Well this game is over and done with so move on to the next game. U can stay on one game when tht one is finished u got to look forward to the next one

Well said.
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Powell does have some good fans

i do concur on that previous statement, we got a hail of a fan section