Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell 79 - Jackson City 74 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Powell wins this one in Overtime. It was a hard faught game for both teams. Great game for Reed, Creech an Conley... I was shocked when Coach Hall didnt use his bench a lil bit more... Arvin had a hard time scoring, Nolan should have got some more playing time he is a hard working big man.
Jackson had 4 starters foul out in the 4th quarter, and their 6th man, Powell had maybe two players with 4 fouls throughout the entire game. Enough said.
It didnt rly have anything to do with the refs. A fan from Powell got threw out by the refs. So i dont think it had anything to do with tht. Powell jus kept playing an never gave up. Good win for the Pirates
Seems like it's always the refs when it comes to Powell county. Goodness, get over it! If they went to Overtime to beat Jackson City, then they are going to need a lot more help than just the refs, they are in trouble.
The refs had nothing to do with this game. They called things both ways. I don't know what people expect when a team doesn't move their feet and constantly fouls. In this game Powell was much bigger and stronger inside and used that to their advantage. All Jackson City could do was foul when Powell got the ball inside and therefore they got themselves in foul trouble. Overall this was a hard fought game by both teams and congratulations to Powell on the win.
Yes everyone says its the refs but its not... Powell jus has some great fans and the students get in the away teams head.
I totally agree the fans were fired up that night and even the parents were on their feet. As long as the fans are still going there will still be a fighting chance for powell county.
Powell does have some good fans
I agree there is not a better student section that i have seen this year......they couldnt seem to get in to Pedro's head tho....he had a great game i heard he had 33??
And who is this Creech kid.. dropin 26 points...was he even on the team last year???
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:I agree there is not a better student section that i have seen this year......they couldnt seem to get in to Pedro's head tho....he had a great game i heard he had 33??

There really isnt a better student section than Powell. Pedro was just to good he didnt even care wht the fans had to say. He jus zoned them out and played his game
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:And who is this Creech kid.. dropin 26 points...was he even on the team last year???

Creech did have a very good game... Lol yes he was on the team
Thanks I wasn't for sure.
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:Thanks I wasn't for sure.

No prob
Creech and Conley stepped up big time. Conley could not be stopped inside. And Creech was just on fire and making some good decisions.
Powell shouldn't have had to go into overtime it should have been a easily won game!
I agree Conley will be a huge help for the Pirates this season...and Creech was on fire but that is no suprise.. I think against a bigger and stronger Lee County team he will get shut down!
Yes i was very impressed with Conley. He rly stepped it up last night. I think he will have a good season
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Yes i was very impressed with Conley. He rly stepped it up last night. I think he will have a good season

Most def. If he would've played last year, he would be a top player in region, IMO.
yes and Arvin was just not hitting but dont forget about him
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:yes and Arvin was just not hitting but dont forget about him

Very true. But he did make a key and 1 play. Also Bill Rice made some key rebounds and key put backs.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Most def. If he would've played last year, he would be a top player in region, IMO.

Yes he wouldve been. He has always been a good player. I grew up playing with him
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:yes and Arvin was just not hitting but dont forget about him

Tru Tru... i forgot bout them.
I also thought that Jackson City was very small down low. An with that being Coach Hall shouldve played AJ Jones to see what he couldve did.
rice did have a good game a double double i heard so did conley
i was very impressed with the goodwin kid...he has very good hops he was rippin the rim n warm ups....watch for this kid to be ranked high in the state his senior year
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:i was very impressed with the goodwin kid...he has very good hops he was rippin the rim n warm ups....watch for this kid to be ranked high in the state his senior year

I agree but he needs to work on the rest of his game as well
I was impressed with Creech, its like he came out of the locker room at half time a new player. Maybe this game will give him the confidence he needs to drive this team. This team may take some beatings this year but as long as they play with heart this community will stand behind them.
Congrats, Coach Hall
very good post
Pages: 1 2